Two Workers Killed In Construction Site Collapse

george

Two workers confirmed killed in construction site collapse

BANGKOK: -- Channel 7 reported that two workers were confirmed killed when a floor of a movie theatre building under construction collapsed early Wednesday.

Channel 7 reported at 10:25 am that a body of a Shan worker was retrieved from the construction site of the 7-storey Esplanade Cineplex theater near Tesco-Lotus Shopping Mall Khaerai Branch.

Another body was spotted but could not yet be retrieved.

The TV station said another worker was still missing.

Three workers were reportedly trapped when the fourth floor collapsed while workers were pouring mixed cement to make the floor. Two of them were eventually confirmed killed.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-13

I hardly think the family of a Shan construction worker will get anything. !! and of course no one will be FOUND accountable.

Sad. YOu also have to wonder why it collapsed.. more shoddy construction .. its never ending.

I hardly think the family of a Shan construction worker will get anything. !! and of course no one will be FOUND accountable.

Sad. YOu also have to wonder why it collapsed.. more shoddy construction .. its never ending.

Lives are unfortunately cheap in Thailand.

Lives are unfortunately cheap in Thailand.

Do Thai workers have any rights? Is safety of the poor Thai worker even a slight consideration of the rich and powerful. Oh I have witnessed some shocking things occuring in the construction "industry" in Thailand e.g. to think that one pair of safty glasses could save an eye, but I guess the 30 baht it would cost the BOSS is too costly.

Such a pity. My heart goes out to the hard working Thai people who have no SAFTY/SAY/ or HELP.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
a Shan construction worker
Do Thai workers have any rights?

being Burmese the only legal help he could have expected was deportation - wonder where in the corrupt department scale ,the people who get paid to allow this to happen reside.

or is it the police getting paid off again

Edited by stumonster