Convicted Of Cussing; Brit Offender Burrowes To Get Free Tcket Home

CFIT

If he had one ounce of self control, he, in all liklihood, could have reasoned with them, proved his identity through other means.

Total BS. The die was cast after the embassy call.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex doesn't impress me as a bend over and turn the cheeks kind of macho Texan. Most anyone would be VERY UPSET if they were unlucky enough (or black enough) to experience what Simon did.

Note: Texass is not from Texas, he was confused when he joined, just as he is confused over Mr Burrowes.

He reminds me of The Ugly American ....fellow Americans & the rest of us try to avoid in bars and at parties. :D

There is no grey area for his type along with the ratbag from the UK, xxxBKK, it's either black or white, no benefit of the doubt & no empathy. (No pun intended.) :)

Your post would be funny if not so sad.

I am the voice of calm reason. Burrowes is the Ugly Loudmouth Pom. Burrowes is precicely what you claim to detest. So why are you defending him? He's the out-of-control redneck. :)

Clueless.

Edited by Texpat

It's ok to say change your Passport. That will not change your skin coulor.

I only Know of one black man to have done that.

If he had the New UK style Passport.

Has Thailand the means to scan them My guess is NO

So there we are still Black and in Thailand

The Land where White is Right.

I am the voice of calm reason. Burrowes is the Ugly Loudmouth Pom. Burrowes is precicely what you claim to detest. So why are you defending him? He's the out-of-control redneck. :)

Clueless.

We will let the readers decide, who's right & who's clueless. :D

My post stands.

Clueless.

We will let the readers decide, who's right & who's clueless. :D

My post stands.

he signed his post as "Clueless" . case closed.

Whilst the wrangling makes quite good reading and I have joined in on occasion, I would like to remind contributors that today is Saturday.

Did Simon have to spend last night in Phuket's Immigration Detention Centre or Police Station as an Immigration Officer warned? For what end, other than the amusement of Immigration Officers, I don't know.

And more importantly, was he finally allowed to leave Thailand 3 months after he first tried to leave?

Some hard info would be good.

Whilst the wrangling makes quite good reading and I have joined in on occasion, I would like to remind contributors that today is Saturday.

Did Simon have to spend last night in Phuket's Immigration Detention Centre or Police Station as an Immigration Officer warned? For what end, other than the amusement of Immigration Officers, I don't know.

And more importantly, was he finally allowed to leave Thailand 3 months after he first tried to leave?

Updating Phuketwan Report

SIMON BURROWES is to be held in detention at Immigration HQ in Phuket City overnight and will be placed on a flight for Singapore at 5pm tomorrow, Phuketwan has learned.

Any time now?

Updating Phuketwan Report

SIMON BURROWES is to be held in detention at Immigration HQ in Phuket City overnight and will be placed on a flight for Singapore at 5pm tomorrow, Phuketwan has learned.

Any time now?

Thank you, mahtin

I'll check the Phuketwan website now. I'm interested to know if "tomorrow" is Sunday 17 May or Saturday 16 May.

No idea why they put him back in detention. Maybe he was just too black for them or they felt some undermining of their authority had been going on and they felt the need to reassert it.

^ ^ RACIST!

:D

You're right. Dim called me a racist because I don't support a black man getting uppity with Thai Immigration.

:)

I think its an instinctual reaction. The default response.

Edited by Texpat

No idea why they put him back in detention. Maybe he was just too black for them or they felt some undermining of their authority had been going on and they felt the need to reassert it.

Clearly, they saw him as a FLIGHT risk ...

:)

Edited by Jingthing

I would imagine immigration officers around Thailand look at thousands -- tens of thousands -- of passports daily.

Of that number, there is likely more than a few "suspect" passports that give them pause every day.

I went to transfer my permission to stay stamp, from my old passport to my newly issued one, at Suan Phlu a few weeks ago. My new passport has a new emblem on the cover and a few other enhancements which immigration are unfamilar with. I'm sure there would have been problems if I didn't have the letter from my embassy requesting the transfer. The immigration officers had a great time passing my new passport around the office with some of them even sniffing it.

So yes, the immigration officials have to keep on their toes and they were right to double check, but I don't agree with the arrest.

Did you yell at them using profanity and storm out of their office muttering about your *pick a nationality* citizenship and how they have no right to sniff your highly desired and treasured document?

No?

Oh. Safe to say you're not posting from the klink then, eh?

Did you yell at them using profanity and storm out of their office muttering about your *pick a nationality* citizenship and how they have no right to sniff your highly desired and treasured document?

No?

Oh. Safe to say you're not posting from the klink then, eh?

Unfortunately no, I did laugh a little when they were sniffing it.