We Know Who You Support Now Where Are You From?

bkkjames

Inspired by Mr Toady's constant nagging about my never being to Old Trafford, I thought I would start a topic to find out where all you 'team supporters' come from.

In other words - time to come clean everyone.

Toady you first mate - are you from Manchester?

MS

Stevie

Migsy

San Corona

Devil

Mr BJ (I assume you have to be from the eastlands)

and so...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspired by Mr Toady's constant nagging about my never being to Old Trafford, I thought I would start a topic to find out where all you 'team supporters' come from.

San Corona

North Shields which is near enough to Newcastle (few miles), but moved south many years ago never to return!

Well, you could do a Jingthing, and set up a thread with a poll. :D

I hardly think Mr.Toad has been nagging - though I suspect that you may well have been suckered into it by the aforesaid amphibious member.

Meanwhile, I grew a stone's throw from the Royal Liverpool Golf course and did in fact pass both Goodison Park & Anfield when first starting work as an apprentice at Lucas's in Long Lane, Fazakerley.

Luckily in 1963, my family saw the light and we "bailed out" of the UK, and found a more comfortable and pleasant lifestyle "Down-under".

So I'm a Tranmere Rovers, Manchester United and Perth Glory Supporter ......... :)

I was born in Battersea SW London and lived there for the first 35 years of my life. A Chelsea fan since first taken to see Chelsea play Cardiff by my dad in 1954. I was a season ticket holder at the Bridge from 1963 until I moved to Thailand in 1989 and went to most away matches from 1965-1983. Now happy enough to see all the matches on TV, but would still like one more visit to the Bridge someday.

Edited by delboy

So I'm a Tranmere Rovers, Manchester United and Perth Glory Supporter ......... :)

I went to see them in Oct/Nov 2000 first game of the season i believe, and i was mightily impressed with the 15k turnout, the supporters genuinely gived a <deleted> about the Glory.

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

Lived for over 20 years Tamworth,south staffs( 110 miles for home match and never missed home or away)

Moved back to stoke for 2 years then Early retirement to thailand.

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

Lived for over 20 years Tamworth,south staffs( 110 miles for home match and never missed home or away)

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

110 miles from Tamworth to Stoke?!! Which way did you used to go?!!! : )

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

I went there,then i went back and drove to see friends before the match.

so my trip was 110 miles for a home match

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

come on Pat, over in another thread you said you were from Isaan? :)

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

come on Pat, over in another thread you said you were from Isaan? :)

Dont live in Issan mate too quiet for a Stokie like me lol.

:) I see James did indeed get sucked in.

Okay, I don't mind taking some shit from not being from Manchester, originally from Cornwall so no actual teams in that County. Supported United from as long as I can remember as the old man is also a fan. When I was at school, virtually everybody was Liverpool fans. Been up there a number of times over the years and of course to numerous away games as well, and also have an affection for Torquay United, as they always seemed to be hovering around the bottom of the table.

There you go James. :D

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

Thanks for clearing that up. I used to live in Burton and work in Tamworth so I know the area well.

And to answer the original question -

From Oldham. Support Oldham Athletic, Chonburi FC & Burton Albion.

from stockport 7 miles from manchester been supporting united since my dad took me to my first game 1965 v forrest we won 3-0,dont remember much but for the next couple of seasons went most home games as my mum worked saturdays so dad wanted to go the game and had to lug me along.

Okay, I don't mind taking some shit from not being from Manchester, originally from Cornwall so no actual teams in that County. Supported United from as long as I can remember as the old man is also a fan. When I was at school, virtually everybody was Liverpool fans. Been up there a number of times over the years and of course to numerous away games as well, and also have an affection for Torquay United, as they always seemed to be hovering around the bottom of the table.

exeter city. support your local team. that or truro city. :D

Born in STOKE ON TRENT

PROUD TO BE A POTTER

Thanks for clearing that up. I used to live in Burton and work in Tamworth so I know the area well.

And to answer the original question -

From Oldham. Support Oldham Athletic, Chonburi FC & Burton Albion.

Used to live off cottage farm rd,1,marlin,and my son still lives in Tamworth,and a big stokie fan too

Edited by patklang

exeter city. support your local team. that or truro city. :D

Stevie, if you knew my full hsitory you would understand why not these two teams. But, I'll be kind and give a partial explanation in the forum- Exeter City, is my old man's second team, so we have always had a rivalry on that one with me having an affection for Torquay United. As for Truro City, you got to be <deleted> joking, I was bought up on South Western League football, and Truro were never a favourite of mine, and there ground used to be <deleted> to play on. It is only in recent years since Heany became the owner that they have been any good. When you're in Bangkok I'll tell you more on both. :D

Stevie, if you knew my full hsitory you would understand why not these two teams. But, I'll be kind and give a partial explanation in the forum- Exeter City, is my old man's second team, so we have always had a rivalry on that one with me having an affection for Torquay United. As for Truro City, you got to be <deleted> joking, I was bought up on South Western League football, and Truro were never a favourite of mine, and there ground used to be <deleted> to play on. It is only in recent years since Heany became the owner that they have been any good. When you're in Bangkok I'll tell you more on both. :)

:D fair play man.

i'm a liverpool fan and am from about fifteen miles outside of the city. haven't lived there for about twelve years though.

and i've been to old trafford more times than james has. :D

Stevie

15 miles out of L'Pool puts you in one of the following areas, Chester, Southport or Warrington. If the latter you're halfway to Manchester, so why not United ?............. :)

PS I've got a funny feeling it's Southport, if so check this out...