Teaching Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

I am very interested in opening a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy in Pattaya; I go there to train Muay Thai and am always finding people who would like to train BJJ. Can I apply for a teaching permit if I am "teaching" Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 month later...
I am very interested in opening a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy in Pattaya; I go there to train Muay Thai and am always finding people who would like to train BJJ. Can I apply for a teaching permit if I am "teaching" Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Chris

Hi there,

Teaching permits don't exist but work permits do. I have no idea how strict they are down in Pattaya about this stuff.

Be great if there was somewhere to train BJJ in Pattaya that is for sure.

I can't really answer your question, but hopefully someone maybe able to be of assistance. If, however, you are going to be teaching at an existing school, they could apply for a work permit on your behalf (or you could with their assistance as a registered entity). If you are thinking of opening a school on your own for training in this field, then I think you are talking about setting up a business. This is a little different.