Cyberlink Dvd Player

jingjingna

I hope someone with a bit of know how will be able to help me out here. I have this software pre-loaded on my pc and was able to play all region dvd's using it.

Then, I clicked on something when opening this programme by mistake and now find that it won't play any of my region 2 dvd's.

Help me ...don't know what to do :)

Cheers!

I hope someone with a bit of know how will be able to help me out here. I have this software pre-loaded on my pc and was able to play all region dvd's using it.

Then, I clicked on something when opening this programme by mistake and now find that it won't play any of my region 2 dvd's.

I think you are possibly a bit confused...any Cyberlink DVD player software that came pre-loaded as OEM spec software would not be configured as an "all zone" player....at least none that I have ever seen. Cyberlink/Windows would give you 4-5 times to switch the region playback on the software back and forth from one region to another (each time you inserted a different region DVD into the computer) before locking the playable region to what it was on the last allowable change. I think this process is actually managed by the Windows OS or the DVD drive (in conjunction with the OS) and not by the DVD player software.

In any case, what you need is DVD playing software that ignores the movie industry's region codes during playback. One of the best (and completely free media players (DVDs, CDs, and just about all computer video and audio file formats) is VLC Media Player.

Just Google it to find the official download site. Completely free and no ads, spyware, or anything.

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

Help me ...don't know what to do :D

Cheers!

They just force you do use copies of DVDs. :) They all have the region code 0. The region code cannot be copied - it is pressed into the DVD when they produce it.

Not only your player might stop working but also your DVD drive!!! There is very often a counter for region code changes too. Google might know an answer... :D

Anyhow - a quick fix could be to copy the DVD on your HD and play it from there. Then there might be no region and no code - just you and the video.

Edited by Johnxxx

I think you are possibly a bit confused...any Cyberlink DVD player software that came pre-loaded as OEM spec software would not be configured as an "all zone" player....at least none that I have ever seen. Cyberlink/Windows would give you 4-5 times to switch the region playback on the software back and forth from one region to another (each time you inserted a different region DVD into the computer) before locking the playable region to what it was on the last allowable change. I think this process is actually managed by the Windows OS or the DVD drive (in conjunction with the OS) and not by the DVD player software.

In any case, what you need is DVD playing software that ignores the movie industry's region codes during playback. One of the best (and completely free media players (DVDs, CDs, and just about all computer video and audio file formats) is VLC Media Player.

Just Google it to find the official download site. Completely free and no ads, spyware, or anything.

True! I'll second that!