Jomtien Immigration

Beardog

Hi,

I go back to the US. June 7th for a month & would like to vacation in Koh Chang before I go.

Does anyone know how quick one can apply & show the 800,000 & the bank statement . My yearly is due in July 8th & they are already aware of my plans of departure in June.Usually I do it before I go, but I would like to get it over with sooner than later.

I was going to post in Visa's but this is Pattaya related. If needed mods -switch to visa's .

Thanks again

Barry

Immigration normaly uses a margin of 30 days, but does it earlier if nthere is a reason. Jomtien even allows it to be done within 90 days, so you want have any problems getting an early extension.

I recently (2 months) renewed my visa 90 days before expiry with no problems.

There was a press release a while back that Jomtien WELCOMES early applications, as early as three months prior, and NO EXCUSE needed whatsoever. So far, no reports that this is not still the case. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

There was a press release a while back that Jomtien WELCOMES early applications, as early as three months prior, and NO EXCUSE needed whatsoever. So far, no reports that this is not still the case. Cheers.

Absolutely correct. Thai immigration law states you my renew a retirement extension up to 90 days in advance.

Barry

Anybody that has immigration business - today is a good day, the place is deserted!! I thought i would do my 90 day as i was passing there anyway and yippee - only three people including me in the place, all the staff are sitting there twidling their thumbs with nothing to do, must be the rain!!!! :):D

Anybody that has immigration business - today is a good day, the place is deserted!! I thought i would do my 90 day as i was passing there anyway and yippee - only three people including me in the place, all the staff are sitting there twidling their thumbs with nothing to do, must be the rain!!!! :):D

I was in there yesterday around 9.30 am for the 90 day stuff, just three people in front of me, but the officer who issues the actual retirement visa had no business at all and had to fill in time by talking to his friend sitting next to him. :D