Superstitious Supporters

bkkjames

Thought I would try to lighten things up as the end of the season nears with something that hopefully is funny in nature. We all know that many sports people are superstitious - what about TV members of the football forum?

I will start with mine. I have two that come to mind.

1) The wife is not allowed to watch 'live' Utd games with me. The last few times she did - we lost to LP. :) (However, we did kinda watch the City game the other night from the hospital - although she fell asleep so it doesnt count)

2) If I am watching a match at home, I take up a usual position on my sofa. No big deal in that, seems normal. However, if after 20 mins we haven't scored I changed things around - put on the air con, move to a different spot. If however, we score, I do not change a thing until the end of the game!

Ok, laugh if you want but would be funny to hear a few others.

yeah, got loads. from drinking in the same pub and arriving there at the same time before a match to having to sing the same songs before kickoff.

watching on telly i have to be in a bar or pub, i fuc_king hate watching at home. also do loads of OCD shit like positioning my cigarette packet and lighter parallel to my beer and all sorts of stupid shit like that.

when i play i have to put my shinpads and socks on before my shorts. don't know why, have done it since i was about ten years old.

yeah, got loads. from drinking in the same pub and arriving there at the same time before a match to having to sing the same songs before kickoff.

watching on telly i have to be in a bar or pub, i fuc_king hate watching at home. also do loads of OCD shit like positioning my cigarette packet and lighter parallel to my beer and all sorts of stupid shit like that.

when i play i have to put my shinpads and socks on before my shorts. don't know why, have done it since i was about ten years old.

Stevie I can help you on that sort of thing, I'll even not charge you, other than a couple of beers. :)

Stevie I can help you on that sort of thing, I'll even not charge you, other than a couple of beers. :)

fuc_k you going to do, hypnotise me? or steal my cigs?

1) The wife is not allowed to watch 'live' Utd games with me. The last few times she did - we lost to LP.

I've got to give you 10 out of 10 for that one ...... id personally ban women from football fullstop, apart from promotional girls in bikins throwing sweets, crisps etc... into the crowd before the games.

My only one is i never put a bet on Newcastle as i bet with the heart not the head.

1) The wife is not allowed to watch 'live' Utd games with me. The last few times she did - we lost to LP.

I've got to give you 10 out of 10 for that one ...... id personally ban women from football fullstop, apart from promotional girls in bikins throwing sweets, crisps etc... into the crowd before the games.

My only one is i never put a bet on Newcastle as i bet with the heart not the head.

Got another one for you, friend of mine owns a bar in Cowboy and like most of the bars there has an LCD outside for watching sports.

As a long time regular, I know the staff well – probably too well.

Anyways, I showed up 20 mins before the early kick-off with Boro and there were these 3 hags sitting around the bar beer chowing down on some somtam while watching some Korean soap opera.

Needless to say, I took great pleasure in changing the channel and they looked around to see who did this?

So then BKKJames youre married man, with a child who is more then well known in the notorious Soi Cowboy area of Bangkok, with a misses who's under instruction to leave the room when they footballs on.

Take it the misses wears the trousers then!

So then BKKJames youre married man, with a child who is more then well known in the notorious Soi Cowboy area of Bangkok, with a misses who's under instruction to leave the room when they footballs on.

Take it the misses wears the trousers then!

Old habits die hard mate.

Got a few myself. One in particular is if i buy a new City shirt or some sort of memorabilia. When we are playing and i wear it for the first time, if we lose I NEVER wear it again whilst we are playing. So, new T-shirts etc. get their first outing against a team we should beat.

Got a few myself. One in particular is if i buy a new City shirt or some sort of memorabilia. When we are playing and i wear it for the first time, if we lose I NEVER wear it again whilst we are playing. So, new T-shirts etc. get their first outing against a team we should beat.

you must have lot of city shirts in your closet?

btw, you still in Thailand or back amongst the camels?

you must have lot of city shirts in your closet?

I must have had thousands. But half of Chaiyaphum are wearing my cast offs now :)

btw, you still in Thailand or back amongst the camels?

Still in Thailand. Got back from the Boonies yesterday.

...... id personally ban women from football fullstop, apart from promotional girls in bikins throwing sweets, crisps etc... into the crowd before the games.

:)

please tell me you are kidding!

if not then you need to watch this Four Corners show on ABC, about the Aussie football players

Code of Silence

i cant find the actual video, but have it taped on my telly. try and google and see if you can find it

things like this really make me mad!

...... id personally ban women from football fullstop, apart from promotional girls in bikins throwing sweets, crisps etc... into the crowd before the games.

if not then you need to watch this Four Corners show on ABC, about the Aussie football players

Code of Silence

i cant find the actual video, but have it taped on my telly. try and google and see if you can find it

things like this really make me mad!

true, but you should be used to this by now. but to cheer you up how about a joke?...

How many women arsenal supporters does it take to mow the lawn?

I don't know but what the hel_l are they doing out of the kitchen anyway! jk :D

I'l compromise you can either watch football or have the vote .... cant be fairer then that! :D

male chauvinistic ###s :)

(fill in the blanks).

will i get told off for this?

dont really care. if its offensive and anyone thinks its against forum rules for me to say so, you can report the post. Ill give myself a warning :D

but seriously, did you guys try to find that four corners program? I think every sport stars/players should be made aware of it.

Thought I would try to lighten things up as the end of the season nears with something that hopefully is funny in nature. We all know that many sports people are superstitious - what about TV members of the football forum?

I will start with mine. I have two that come to mind.

1) The wife is not allowed to watch 'live' Utd games with me. The last few times she did - we lost to LP. :) (However, we did kinda watch the City game the other night from the hospital - although she fell asleep so it doesnt count)

2) If I am watching a match at home, I take up a usual position on my sofa. No big deal in that, seems normal. However, if after 20 mins we haven't scored I changed things around - put on the air con, move to a different spot. If however, we score, I do not change a thing until the end of the game!

Ok, laugh if you want but would be funny to hear a few others.

:D:D:D:D

no weird <deleted> like stevie h, but this season ive had my lucky trabs, and the only times weve lost (not over two legs) ive worn another pair. doesnt work when other teams play!

post-45009-1242593714_thumb.jpg

no weird <deleted> like stevie h, but this season ive had my lucky trabs, and the only times weve lost (not over two legs) ive worn another pair. doesnt work when other teams play!

maybe you should wear them for every match.

or wear one when you draw?

Edited by bkkjames

you mean female football supporters tend to be gay? :D

where can I meet these females? :D:)

easy to spot Migsy, they are the one's with the men's haircut, dress shirt, blue jeans and usually wearing dark rimmed glasses for full effect.

Many use the nickname Tom and have an affinitity for the Blues.

the one's with the men's haircut - check, but not now

dress shirt - check

blue jeans - check

and usually wearing dark rimmed glasses - check.

Many use the nickname Tom - no

and have an affinitity for the Blues - no

almost 3 out of 6. thats 50/50. what does that make me then? bi? HAHA

the one's with the men's haircut - check, but not now

dress shirt - check

blue jeans - check

and usually wearing dark rimmed glasses - check.

Many use the nickname Tom - no

and have an affinitity for the Blues - no

almost 3 out of 6. thats 50/50. what does that make me then? bi? HAHA

Interesting _ but then again I haven't been laid in about 8 months so even a whopper with cheese is looking pretty good at the moment

• 3 months later...

Superstitions

Rather than open a new thread I thought I'd just slip this funny article from "The Independent" in here, but it's really about the footballers themselves.

The first one is :-

In October last year, the players for Zimbabwe's Midlands Portland Cement side were ordered into the crocodile-infested Zambezi by their coach for a spot of ritual cleansing, intended to banish bad spirits. Seventeen went in; 16 came out. And they lost their next match. :)

More here :-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ll-1780143.html