Girlfriend To Uk

Hi, i'm currently in Bangkok with my girlfriend and we are soon going to be applying for a UK visa. Couple of questions, if my Mother is sponsoring her is it still a visit visa she needs? Forms VAF1A? And does anybody have some helpful links that will make things make more sense. I've been reading all morning but can't seem to find the rights things.

Any help really appreciated. Thanks

It will not be easy to get Unless she has a Good Job here in Thailand

I think it will be a wast of money.

She will have to Convince the UK Embassy she has a very good reason to Return to Thailand

You say your mother would Sponser her That is saying to me and the Embassy she has limited funds

Red Flag Wish I could be more Positive. Better you ask profesional advice before you submit the aplication.

ok. here is my advice. If she is working or at University then get her to apply for the visit visa herself. A few questions. has she been out of Thailand before does she currently hold a Thai passport, how long is she going to the UK for. can you provide 40,000baht for each week she is in the UK and put it into her bank account.

Just came back from the UK. i also got my girlfriend to do an itinerary of what she wanted to do (i advised her but she did all the work herself, that way she could answer any questions that came up)

Also DO NOT waste your money going on the London Eye..............its crap.

Allan

I would have thought that a daily spending figure of 50GBP is enough, if your Mum will give your GF accommodation and food, then I would suggest (50 GBP = 2700THB per day x length of stay + a little extra) needs to be in her bank account.

Read about how others have done it here, take your time get the documents correct, and remember she is applying not you!!!!

Edited by beano2274

If his Mum invites her, then as is my understanding, he will need a letter of confirmation from his mother.

If he sponsors her trip, can you suggest a reasonable amount to have in his bank account, and also how about a reasonable amount in her bank account, this could also help others, including myself, when applying for a Visa

Hi baannambua,

You should source us some more details, such as others have asked...does she have a job? own property or have any compeling reason to return to Thailand? This 'reason to return' is the kingpin of the application as it displays to the UK Border agency that the applicant has a greater reason to return then 'disappear' into the UK with its many benefits and work opportunities compared to somewhere like Thailand.

If she does not have a real compeling reason to return then you can use your relationship as this reason....for example if you can prove (via photos, phone bill's, emails etc) that you are a genuine couple whom plan to marry / or build a future together then you can use this as a reason to return as the fact being that an overstay would jeopardise future applications (namely permanent settlement). If you don't have these and she has no job, or property etc then I would suggest getting in a couple more visits to thailand and make sure you keep all phone bill's, emails and when together take lots of 'coupley' photos together.

This is what I did with my then GF now wife when she came to visit me for 3 months.

tlusername.

Edited by tlusername

If his Mum invites her, then as is my understanding, he will need a letter of confirmation from his mother.

If he sponsors her trip, can you suggest a reasonable amount to have in his bank account, and also how about a reasonable amount in her bank account, this could also help others, including myself, when applying for a Visa

That's what i was suggesting to him an invite.

A reasonable amount how can i say that ?

Some people live on a lot less than others ?

As required i have adequate funds in my bank to support my partner during his/her stay.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies. I've known my girlfriend for a few years but I have no evidence of that. We were just friends. I've been coming to Thailand for the past 7 years on quite a regular basis staying minimum 4 weeks at a time, maximum time I spent here was about 9 months.

As for me and my present girlfriend, we got together on new years eve,then we went travelling around together which I have proof with photos,flight tickets,hotel bills etc. Then I flew home early February and flew back March 23rd. I was at home for roughly 2 months, we kept daily contact,txt message,facebook,telephone of which I can proof.

I flew back on 23rd March and have been with her since, i'm planning on staying here maybe couple more months with her. She works in the South during high season where I have been diving and we have both been living together, but now it's low season in the place where she works so we have returned to Bangkok where she works in a hotel/resteruant. So basically she works 6 months in the South and 6 months in Bangkok, she is very popular with her staff and managers and they give her job back to her everytime she returns. She has a passport that has just expired, she's been Cambodia,Vietnam,Laos and was also given a Swiss visa about 4 years ago when she was supposed to go stay with her ex boyfriend but they broke up so she never went there.

The reason my Mother will be sponsoring? We have a large comfortable house with more than enough room for us both, she has no mortgage,no debt, her bank accounts are in a better state than mine. I just though it might be easier if my Mother invited and sponsored her? Reasons I want my girlfriend to come over? Wer'e a serious couple, we are both young, i'm 25, her 27. I would like her to come over and spend time with me and my family during summer and also take her to some festivals. I have a job to go back to in our family business which is a resteraunt. I thought I had most things covered but replies seem a tad negative?

Sorry so long, wanted to cover everything and make my situation clear. Thanks