English Man Confesses To Theft Of Imported Grapes At Tops Supermarket.

Boater

A bizarre case presented itself to Police Lieutenant Colonel Pongrit at Pattaya Police Station in the early hours of Tuesday Morning. Mr. Angus aged 45 from England was brought in after he was accused of stealing a bag of imported Red Seedless Grapes valued at 91 Baht and 50 Setang from Tops Supermarket in Central Pattaya. Mr. Angus eventually confessed to the theft and revealed that he had stolen food many times from the Supermarket and claimed that his Thai Girlfriend had stolen all his money forcing him to steal food to survive. Two staff members confirmed the alleged theft and Mr. Angus was charged with theft and will now answer the charge in Court.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/may/ne...2_05_52_2.shtml

What's bizarre is that local press thinks its bizarre that a foreigner is broke enough to be driven to that. The same tired "farangs all are rich" silliness. I must say I had a start when I read grapes as my mind flashed GRAPE NUTS.

He may be broke, but hey one still needs his imported grapes (seedless, thank you very much) because one just cannot tolerate the things the natives eat. While he was at it, I hope he managed to steal other "survival food" like wine, cheese, imported cold meats and pehaps some sausages?

his Thai Girlfriend had stolen all his money forcing him to steal food

this happens all to often in thailand, but ok, if he was stealing essential items, one could understand....

i think it is time for him to go back the UK

Maybe he has nothing back home to go back to.

Have some friends just the same, always broke, seem to spend their money on booze, or excessive spending on the girlfriend, never have money to pay their rents on time. I think we will be hearing more stories about people like this in the next few months.

Edited by beano2274

We must have some sympathy for Brits like this bloke...times are tough and they're only getting around 50 baht to the "Ounce" right now :D

As there are 16 ounces to the Pound I'm sure many Brits would be happy getting 800 Baht to the £. :)

All the way to Thailand to steal Grapes, hmmmmm! time for this English Man to be put in the next available flight.

Clearly he feels at home enough here to behave like a local ...

Edited by Jingthing

the girlfriend ran into the police station and cried "officer officer ive been graped"

the policeman said "madam dont you mean raped"

the girlfriend replied "no graped there was a bunch of them"

He may be broke, but hey one still needs his imported grapes (seedless, thank you very much) because one just cannot tolerate the things the natives eat. While he was at it, I hope he managed to steal other "survival food" like wine, cheese, imported cold meats and pehaps some sausages?

Don't for get the Beluga Caviar and Foie Gras

this happens all to often in thailand, but ok, if he was stealing essential items, one could understand....

i think it is time for him to go back the UK

I don't think he will have any option once the court has finished with him.

Thailand is in the middle of a crime wave what with Aussies stealing bar towels and English men stealing grapes.

Which will of course lead to tighter visa regulations to minimise the number of farang undesirables coming to Thailand... :)

Edited by Soutpeel

If you are going to steal grapes, do it the Thai way.

Stand around the grape display in Lotus supermarket and just eat them openly. I have seen entire families stand around eating grapes and not buy a single item.

Same works for small cookies and those steamed peanuts, and sometime even small mandarins.

this happens all to often in thailand, but ok, if he was stealing essential items, one could understand...

I think a more truthful statement on his part would have been something like: "I gave away all my money to a Thai girl in order to fulfill certain emotional and physical needs that seemed important at the time but now not so much." :)

this happens all to often in thailand, but ok, if he was stealing essential items, one could understand...

I think a more truthful statement on his part would have been something like: "I gave away all my money to a Thai girl in order to fulfill certain emotional and physical needs that seemed important at the time but now not so much." :)

Nice one

Thailand is in the middle of a crime wave what with Aussies stealing bar towels and English men stealing grapes.
And dont forgoet the donuts, !, i think its great, now perhaps the thais will not veiw us all as millionaires and give us a break,. :)