Anyone Driven To Langkawi From Thailand?

I know there are loads of ferries to Langkawi both from Satun on the Thai side, and several locations on the Malaysian side, but can you take a vehicle on any of them? Finding differing info on the internet unfortunately.

looked into it for a potentiall trip for the Songkran just gone. Doesn't appear to be any vehicle ferries from Satun.

And from the malaysian side, you have to basically wait a day for your car to catch up to you as it goes across on a different ferry to passangers. So unless you are going for more than a week, it isn't really worth it.

Bugger, as I love road trips...

I know there are loads of ferries to Langkawi both from Satun on the Thai side, and several locations on the Malaysian side, but can you take a vehicle on any of them? Finding differing info on the internet unfortunately.

It has been a few years but there was a vehicle ferry that ran every few days or so, and f I remember correctly you had to leave your vehicle until the next sailing while you took the passenger ferry. It ran from Kuala Polis on the Malaysian side.

You're better off leaving your car on the mainland and renting on the island IMHO.