Canada Day 2009

earlofwindermere

For the past few years, my wife and I have been hosting a "Stampede Breakfast" for the Canadian expats living here in the city. This year, however, we will be celebrating in Canada. Hopefully someone else on the forum would consider taking over this year. Or, perhaps Canucks could meet at one of the many Canadian run and owned establishments in the city. From what I've heard, Miguels (both locations), Salsa Kitchen and O'Malleys are Canadian run. Hopefully this thread gets the ball rolling. If not, we'll all have to meet at next year's pancake breakfast.

yes they all seem to get very good reviews from our food experts and what a great name Stampede Breakfast, one has visions of all those cow punchers heading to the chuck wagon

Us Brits however have come up with some alternatives like i remember once in Pattaya and a Brit place them calling their largest breakfast the Gut Buster i wonder what visions to people this would bring about us Brits.

For the past few years, my wife and I have been hosting a "Stampede Breakfast" for the Canadian expats living here in the city. This year, however, we will be celebrating in Canada. Hopefully someone else on the forum would consider taking over this year. Or, perhaps Canucks could meet at one of the many Canadian run and owned establishments in the city. From what I've heard, Miguels (both locations), Salsa Kitchen and O'Malleys are Canadian run. Hopefully this thread gets the ball rolling. If not, we'll all have to meet at next year's pancake breakfast.

The fellow at Miguels is (I think) from Campbell River on Vancouver Island BC

Tadders