Esquire Magazine Story About Pattaya

tomtom88

Hi,

I just read a fascinating Esquire Magazine story about Pattaya. It's a nice expose of tourist delusions and how dangerous they can get. Should be required reading for all new arrivals to Pattaya. Check it out at: http://www.tomhilditch.com/pattaya.html

Can't read this - cab you paste it??

The other article is years old - sende 10K a month??

I don't think it was rubbish, but it ONLY highlighted the rougher bits that can happen if you spend a lot of time in the seedier parts of Pattaya. The story sounds like it is a normal day everywhere in the city with people committing suicide or being murdered. Those things happen, but they happen everywhere.

It's been my experience that in the open bars in Pattaya (not the closed door go-go bars) the woman are mostly over weight, not all that attractive and on the downward side of 30 or even 40. The ones in the go-go bars are younger and prettier, but a whole LOT more expensive... and so are the drinks. I guess you just get what you pay for... EVERYWHERE. If you are over 40 anywhere else in the world just try hooking up with some young attractive gal in her twenties. I ain't gonna happen! In Pattaya it might... if you have enough money.

"Now Jim pays her Baht10,000 a month so she can support her child (from a Thai man years before) without working in the bar. And he's trying to fix things up so she can come and live with him in Hartlepool."

:)

I never tire of the classics.

Seriously, is there anyone on this forum who is sending a BG money?

(and has the guts to own up to it?)

It's been my experience that in the open bars in Pattaya (not the closed door go-go bars) the woman are mostly over weight, not all that attractive and on the downward side of 30 or even 40. The ones in the go-go bars are younger and prettier, but a whole LOT more expensive... and so are the drinks. I guess you just get what you pay for... EVERYWHERE. If you are over 40 anywhere else in the world just try hooking up with some young attractive gal in her twenties. I ain't gonna happen! In Pattaya it might... if you have enough money.

Disagree completely.

In Cambodia, the only girls in the biz are 18-25 and beautiful. After 25 they don't get a look in.

(and it's half price of Thailand)

The article (and basis for this topic), whilst an interesting read, is not what Thai Visa is about.

From the replies so far it is apparent that the discussion will mainly be centred around the "specifics of prostitution". Plenty of other sites on the web for that, not for Thai Visa.

Closed.