Bad Flight To Samui

Drama in the sky start to Thai holiday

ALOR STAR, Feb 3:

A plane bound for the island resort of Koh Samui in Thailand made an emergency landing at the Sultan Abdul Halim Airport in Kepala Batas here after it developed engine trouble.

The Berjaya Air's de Havilland Dash 7, with 18 passengers and four crew, experienced difficulties 20 minutes after taking off from Subang Airport at 4.10pm.

After some protesting, the passengers were allowed to disembark and taken to the airport terminal to wait for their replacement plane.

Britons Laurence Rothwell, 30, and Kenji Choong, 28, from Manchester, England, feared the worst when one of the engines stopped.

"We were scared ... the crew did not tell passengers what was happening until 20 minutes after we landed."

Drama in the sky start to Thai holiday

ALOR STAR, Feb 3:

A plane bound for the island resort of Koh Samui in Thailand made an emergency landing at the Sultan Abdul Halim Airport in Kepala Batas here after it developed engine trouble.

The Berjaya Air's de Havilland Dash 7, with 18 passengers and four crew, experienced difficulties 20 minutes after taking off from Subang Airport at 4.10pm.

After some protesting, the passengers were allowed to disembark and taken to the airport terminal to wait for their replacement plane.

Britons Laurence Rothwell, 30, and Kenji Choong, 28, from Manchester, England, feared the worst when one of the engines stopped.

"We were scared ... the crew did not tell passengers what was happening until 20 minutes after we landed."

GLAD YOU GUYS ARE SAFE!

1. Where is this airport? Sultan Abdul Halim..?

2. was this a private charter, since BKK Airways has a monopoly om Samui Airport?

3. did they tell you what was wrong with 1 of the engines?

4. How did you finally arrive on Samui?

LaoPo

LaoPo,

Please read pautai's post,

1 he said; Sultan Abdul Halim Airport in Kepala Batas. Look it up on a map I suggest. Sounds Malaysian to me.

2 The Berjaya Air's de Havilland Dash 7; As far as I know, it's Singaporean company that makes Samui an "International" airport.

On paper BKK Airways doesn't have a monopoly.

Point 3 and 4 can be answered bu pautai.

LaoPo,

Please read pautai's post,

1 he said; Sultan Abdul Halim Airport in Kepala Batas. Look it up on a map I suggest. Sounds Malaysian to me.

2  The Berjaya Air's de Havilland Dash 7; As far as I know, it's Singaporean company that makes Samui an "International" airport.

On paper BKK Airways doesn't have a monopoly.

Point 3 and 4 can be answered bu pautai.

Thanks for your comments, Limbos.

1. Indeed Malaysia; Kepala Batas, North West of Malaysia, close to Penang.

2. Berjaya Air; based in Kula Lumpur, with 2 flights per week to/from Koh Samui- Kuala Lumpur (maybe 1 stop in Kepala Batas (?), which makes it an International Airport :o (by other airlines than BKK Airways).

Wonder if there is any investment involved in Berjaya from BKK Airways... :D

LaoPo

Hi Laopo,

Yep, BKK Airways fly themselves on Singapore, so Berjaya Air is Malaysian, wasn't quite sure.

Now what are you suggesting? BKK Airways any investment interest in Berjaya?? Would you really be surprised????

Cheers!

Hi Laopo,

Yep, BKK Airways fly themselves on Singapore, so Berjaya Air is Malaysian, wasn't quite sure.

Now what are you suggesting? BKK Airways any investment interest in Berjaya?? Would you really be surprised????Cheers!

To be honest: NO :o !

LaoPo