Allowance For Wife ?

expatman

OK guys, don't kill me for this. I have to admit to giving my wife my wages every month.

The first 2 months were tough as she was not used to having so much money on her. But she soon adapted and manages to save quite a bit of it now.

ps. Now she gives me a daily allowance from my own wages :)

Norrad I'm proud of you, someone else with balls and who realises his woman is his equal. Good luck.

I did this with my first serious Thai g/f. She looked after the finances. She had the bank book and atm card and I told her what was needed to be paid and how much money i needed per day and how much she could have and the rest would be saved to be spent in whatever ways we decided.

Good reality check for some girls they soon learn how to budget.

For posters to say "my wife is useless with money" "yeah mine too" have you even tried letting the wife do the household budget for a few months? Or are you to loong in the tooth and think they are not capable because they are Thai or woman?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the title then a few of the first responses I felt I would ask these questions.

Bearing in mind I have lived in Thailand over 25 years now and built up some experiences and mistakes of course which some of you will be aware of.

1. Is you partner with you for the money ?

2. Do you have a partnership or a business arrangement ?

3. Is you partner with you because you give her money or because she wants to be with you ?

4. Why do farangs feel they have to give there partner huge money every month what is the reason

In summing up the above.

If the family has some additional help good, if your lass has clothes when she needs them good, if you care for her child good, if you eat a restaurants and have holidays together good. You pay for food good. SO WHY DOES YOU PARTNER NEED HUGE MONEY EVERY MONTH. Maybe I am being cynical, but when you have lost everything you see a different picture.

There are good ladies and the opposite, same statement applies to men of any creed.

I have a lass now who is with me for me, she knows the big money has gone, but we can live comfortable, we can achieve things but now its slowly, but at 60 yr old next month not to slow hahaha.

Well I know my responses and writings call for replies, so I wait with a smile on my face

When I read the title then a few of the first responses I felt I would ask these questions.

Bearing in mind I have lived in Thailand over 25 years now and built up some experiences and mistakes of course which some of you will be aware of.

1. Is you partner with you for the money ?

2. Do you have a partnership or a business arrangement ?

3. Is you partner with you because you give her money or because she wants to be with you ?

4. Why do farangs feel they have to give there partner huge money every month what is the reason

In summing up the above.

If the family has some additional help good, if your lass has clothes when she needs them good, if you care for her child good, if you eat a restaurants and have holidays together good. You pay for food good. SO WHY DOES YOU PARTNER NEED HUGE MONEY EVERY MONTH. Maybe I am being cynical, but when you have lost everything you see a different picture.

There are good ladies and the opposite, same statement applies to men of any creed.

I have a lass now who is with me for me, she knows the big money has gone, but we can live comfortable, we can achieve things but now its slowly, but at 60 yr old next month not to slow hahaha.

Well I know my responses and writings call for replies, so I wait with a smile on my face

At last! someone who knows what they are talking about.

I hope the OP reads this post but alas, I think he will ignore it. :)

OK guys, don't kill me for this. I have to admit to giving my wife my wages every month.

The first 2 months were tough as she was not used to having so much money on her. But she soon adapted and manages to save quite a bit of it now.

ps. Now she gives me a daily allowance from my own wages :D

Norrad I'm proud of you, someone else with balls and who realises his woman is his equal. Good luck.

I did this with my first serious Thai g/f. She looked after the finances. She had the bank book and atm card and I told her what was needed to be paid and how much money i needed per day and how much she could have and the rest would be saved to be spent in whatever ways we decided.

Good reality check for some girls they soon learn how to budget.

For posters to say "my wife is useless with money" "yeah mine too" have you even tried letting the wife do the household budget for a few months? Or are you to loong in the tooth and think they are not capable because they are Thai or woman?

The simple answer is yes, I have tried letting her take care of the budget - it didn't work. I'd much rather let her run the budget, but it's not a possibility.

"I did this with my first serious Thai g/f. She looked after the finances. She had the bank book and atm card and I TOLD her what was needed to be paid and how much money i needed per day and HOW MUCH SHE COULD HAVE and the rest would be saved to be spent in whatever ways we decided."

So how is this an example of letting her run the budget? She takes care of the money, but you tell her what needed to be paid and how much she can have :D . By telling her how much she can have, you are actually setting her allowance. :)

Same as you, when we have saved some money from the budget (money that would not have been saved if she was running it), we both decide together what to buy with the cash.

If I would be you I would not do that, especially back in the UK. Because there she cannot estimate costs. Why not open an account for both of you

The simple answer is yes, I have tried letting her take care of the budget - it didn't work. I'd much rather let her run the budget, but it's not a possibility.

"I did this with my first serious Thai g/f. She looked after the finances. She had the bank book and atm card and I TOLD her what was needed to be paid and how much money i needed per day and HOW MUCH SHE COULD HAVE and the rest would be saved to be spent in whatever ways we decided."

So how is this an example of letting her run the budget? She takes care of the money, but you tell her what needed to be paid and how much she can have :D . By telling her how much she can have, you are actually setting her allowance. :)

Same as you, when we have saved some money from the budget (money that would not have been saved if she was running it), we both decide together what to buy with the cash.

Yes, it appears that i am budgeting and she is only managing the money but she was in charge of the atm card bank account and so it was up to her to see if she could manage the budget without dipping in to the kitty. (maybe a little test of mine, i suppose it was at the time)

Sorry the budgeting part was she had to buy all the day to day stuff too like food and household stuff plus pay all bills which can change monthly so it was down to her to see how much money she could save and if she wanted to waste any of it on silly loans to family then we had to talk about it first.

The budgeting part from her was to make sure there was enough money to pay all the bills, food, all outgoings and to save money too.

This is budgeting as i cannot set these totals - the only things i set were the daily money allowances allowed between us for living on.

A bit greedy, more more wife type. Please trust me on this one she will not get any better as along as you have the finanical assets to give more. Hey, "Been there done that" my guess so have many more but few will admit it. :):D

My wife and I both have ATM cards to the same bank accounts and if she needs something she takes the money out and buys it....as do I do the same.

It sounds like you are talking about a teenage daughter more than a wife...

I do the same,and never worry what she takes,as she doesn't abuse it...some months about 10,000 B, some months 30,000 B, some months almost nothing.Although she has a degree,she doesn't work in her area,but just part time here and there,and that's fine.

Refreshing to see so many guys not hurling vast amounts of money at their Thai gf's/wives, the problem is the number of bozoes ( and I can instantly think of 2), who are not earning big money, yet still manage to send £10,000 p.a. here. And that is straight to the wife's pocket, no mortgage or young children to pay for. That is (partly) why I am considered a cheap charlie.

those dirty rott ers for doing that

Actually that used to happen a lot in the west as well. Once upon a time I was married in the USA to a farang girl and I always handed over my wages to her. She worked as well, we had a joint checking account and we each had spending money as needed. She paid all the bills and we saved money every month.

There were times when she was not working but I continued to hand over my wages as usual. She continued to pay the bills and we each had pocket money same as before.

Every one is entitled to spend their money as they wish. Some of us are just saying that if we had a wife/gf back home and if she stopped work, most of us would not match her previous salary while also paying for her maintenance and all of the houshold expenses.

But hey, TIT so things (sometimes) work different here. If the couple is happy with their particular arrangement, more power to 'em :D

Good on you,

I bet she doesn't send most of your wages back to her family in Issan huh?

Or send most of it back for a constant stream of crisises her family needs to bailed out of.

I suppose she doesnt send most of it back to her secret bank accounts she has at home building her nest egg untill she decides to dump you.

My wife manages all our money too but not one cent is sent back to Thailand or to her family.

I feel sorry for guys who need to pay a salary for their wives.

Nope, she doesn't send money away to her parents. I told her that if she wants to work, then she could do what she wants with her wages but my wages are for our household and she agreed.

There are some family emergencies but we have an arrangement in which we agree to double whatever her brothers contribute (as a group). If they give 10K together, then we give 20K and there is no loss of face for anyone.

She has a one bank account of her own, I have my account and we have a joint account. She divides the wages up equally between the three and then takes care of household expenses from her account. Mine and the joint are used for saving (No ATM cards for them). The only reason she actually still has her own account is for credit purposes, she has a few credit cards and she is trying to build up her credit rating.

We discuss all purchases if they are going to cost more than 5K. And yes, I have to ask her if I can spend money on my hobbies :)

Wife #1 gets the bulk, 25,000 per month. That includes all shoes.

Wife #2 gets 20,000 but she has to run her little pied a terre out of that.

G/f #1 gets 15,000, but she doesnt have to do too much for that, except keep her unifoem clean and passport up to date.

I have cut G/f #2 and Wife #3 due to the economic downturn.

I hope this info helps

After my disaster of my first Farang wife (housewife) where we had a joint bank account. I was the earner she looked after my son however spent every penny I got I vowed it would not happen again.

So I set about giving my new Thai girlfriend as an allowance to look after all the bills, her daughters who stay with us and common groceries etc.

However there was times that her bank balance went down over a number of months since she had alot of unforeseen bills etc. when I asked her why she didn't ask for more money her answer was she didn't like asking (as if she didn't manage her money properly)

An agreement was then made to one a month to send funds to her account to keep it at a certain level. (this sometimes doesn't happen like when the GBP dropped like a stone we waited for 3 months)

After several tests over the years (8 wonderful years) I know that she is trustworthy, and is a good money manager.

She doesn't send money to the family, they all work, even when her parents were living she never sent money home as her parents attitude was to keep money for her kids.

When I am out of work she will look after me from our savings (hers and mines) and any other income we have coming in.

I do not ask her permission to spend our money, she does ask to spend our even down to the little things 3000 baht etc that is away from the normal budget items, tried to get her out of the habit but I know what comes into the household budget and how it is all spent. Down to the groceries, telephone bill, water bill, schooling fees, uniforms, fuel for the car.

Edited by weescotsguy66

Wife #1 gets the bulk, 25,000 per month. That includes all shoes.

Wife #2 gets 20,000 but she has to run her little pied a terre out of that.

G/f #1 gets 15,000, but she doesnt have to do too much for that, except keep her unifoem clean and passport up to date.

I have cut G/f #2 and Wife #3 due to the economic downturn.

I hope this info helps

I guess you are an MP living in the UK ??

Refreshing to see so many guys not hurling vast amounts of money at their Thai gf's/wives, the problem is the number of bozoes ( and I can instantly think of 2), who are not earning big money, yet still manage to send £10,000 p.a. here. And that is straight to the wife's pocket, no mortgage or young children to pay for. That is (partly) why I am considered a cheap charlie.

but do u believe when guys say they dont give much,,,,,..........i think they give but just rather be in denial, better for the male ego!

but do u believe when guys say they dont give much,,,,,..........i think they give but just rather be in denial, better for the male ego!

sorry to disappoint me, but mine gives me money. what can i say...I am a great shag.