Phuket Police: Aussie Arrest No Laughing Matter

george

Who kick tourists ass need not be surprised if no one will comes in future. They must be crazy to do this.

Here is the URL from Aussie Bar Patong (www . aussiebarphuket . com) and a news video from Australia News (player.video.news.com.au/news/#kM00OpQ5PdsYUWH1pkkp_8D3GCwfNafI)

post-72490-1242812148_thumb.jpg

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you try and steal something on sale in a pub worth $60AU in your home country?

Would you run away from the police in your home country?

Would you verbally abuse the police in your home country?

What kind of 'mother' is she? Apparently a fighting mother

Well actually yes to all three counts. $60 towel? Always question authority and head for the hills when the army comes or stand and fight and when drinking have fun! It is a bar after all. Americans are funny, we believe the customer is always right nearly no matter how outrageous they get. Of course the negative press this bar owner is getting is not worth the money. We would also put nothing in the reach of drinking people we did not plan to have broken or have disappear. Sounds like they need to install a gold plated case for the magic towels. 

...I'm 100% sure that most (not all) Thai BiB who come across a problem involving foreigners in Bangla Road couldn't give a rat's arse to call up for a foreign TPV to help.... it's a loss of face for them to have to ask a foreign TPV to help...

I can't say that really surprises me any.

Same, but made me :) with the honest reply though.

Question though Simon - if you witnessed the BiB handling a foreigner in a way you disagreed with for any reason, would you intervene?

I've read this post from start to finish. What the hel_l are most of you people on????? Crack freaking cocaine???

Who cares who stole the mat. The woman had possesion of an item that clearly did not belong to her. I don't give two flying rats <deleted> how many bloody kids she has and what she's missed out on.

How about conducting herself in an orderly and respectful way, when in someone elses country.

Aussie pranks don't wash anywhere but in Australia.

Theft is theft - Black and white - No grey areas.

Whoever put the dam_n bar mat in the supposed friends bag is a dumb bitch.

I HOPE THE THAI POLICE READ THIS QUOTE: AND THE TOURIST BOARD, I LIVED IN THAILAND FOR TWO YEARS WITH MY THAI WIFE HOWEVER WE HAD TWO WONDERFULL CHILDREN. AND I THOUGHT BETTER TO GET THEM TO THE WEST FOR A WHILE AND SAFETY, READ ABOUT THIS CASE AND TAKE HEAD ANOTHER MAN WAS JAILED AND DEPORTED A YEAR LATER FOR STEALING TWO TOWELS FROM A FIVE STAR HOTEL ON PHUKET. LOOK AT HOW MANY "SUICIDES" HA THERE ARE OF FARANG BELIEVE ME IT RUNS INTO THOUSANDS A YEAR ,HEADS HANGING IN CARRIAR BAGS ON A ROPE, PEOPLE WITH MONEY FALLING FROM A FIRST FLOOR BALCONY WITH EVERY BONE BROKEN IN THIER BODY, FALLEN OVER IN THE BATHROOM WITH MULTIPLE INJURIES, A FRENCH GUY GRABBING AN OFFICERS GUN OFF HIM AND SHOOTING HIM SELF TWICE TWICE IN THE HEAD, HOW THE FXXX CAN YOU SHOOT YOURSELF TWICE IN THE HEAD, I, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, THIER FRIENDS WILL AVOID VISITING THAILAND FOR THE NEXT TWENTY YEARS UNTIL THEY GET SOME REFORM AND THE MILITARY COOS HAVE STOPPED, THEY HAVE TO STOP JAILING TOURISTS FOR PETTY CRIMES, YES FINE THEM PUT A WARNING STAMP IN THIER PASSPORTS, ALL THE THAI JUDGES AND LAWERS ARE EDUCATED IN THE WESTERN UNIVERSITEIS THEN WHY DONT THEY TAKE WESTERN JUDGMENTS, I WOULDNT LET MY CHILDREN BE BROUGHT UP IN THAT COUNTRY, ITS FAR TOO CORRUPT, TOO MANY BACK HANDERS, SMILING POLICE MEN I LOVE THAILAND AND ITS MONARCY BUT I HATE THE SYSTEM STAY CLEAR TOURISTS UNTIL THEY REALISE REFORM

Edit:

Please refrain from putting yuor entire text in cppital lettetrs. It is considered shouting - mario2008

Mate you definitely have deeper issues than can be handled on this forum...no country would would want someone like you as a visitor unless you are in a straight jacket so crawl back in your troll hole and learn how to use the caps lock key

Urmmmm I cannot see where he has deeper issues, he is merely recounting some of the stuff that goes on in this country. I am not saying I am agreeing with him all I want to say is I think you are a silly pir8ck for making the comment you made in reaction to his post....was that your daily swipe at someone ? pathetic post.

There are a lot of "Who Knows" in this post.

Who know you might be the guy who robbed the bank across the street? Maybe we should all just declare your are guilty. OK!

The "who knows have finished now, she has been to court with her lawyers from Aussie and her legal team from the Ausie embassy and she has admitted that she is guilty of being a THIEF.

Imagine how much she will get for her story once she is back in Australia from "A Current Affair", "Today Tonight", "4 Corners" .... is she looking for an agent... I can start taking bids...!!!!

I'l give you $5 and a beer mat!

but I will tell the truth about the THIEF!!

Hey saw this lady and hubby on oz TV giving interviews... She is quite a looker! She wil get swamped with TV offers!

Sorry but you miss spelt lady should be "Self confessed convicted thief" And most badly informed news papers and TV stations will also make the same mistake as your good self.

Well she didn't really confess on TV... said it was a joke from a friend and the security cameras in the bar say the same... someone put it in her bag! So if that is a self confessed criminal???? Or are you guys getting a different version in Thailand. We just landed in Australia last night...

I've read this post from start to finish. What the hel_l are most of you people on????? Crack freaking cocaine???

Who cares who stole the mat. The woman had possesion of an item that clearly did not belong to her. I don't give two flying rats <deleted> how many bloody kids she has and what she's missed out on.

How about conducting herself in an orderly and respectful way, when in someone elses country.

Very well said thank you

Live here for whatever reason, but! if you can't cope, the reasonable action would be to find that spot on this earth that meets your expectations.

I have lived here for 15 years and am totally accepting of the fact I live in a cartoon.

Welcome to TOONTOWN !

Could not have put it better myself, most certainly welcome to TOONTOWN ! Want a successful stay in Thailand ? keep yourself to yourself, do not marry any Thai women regardless of class and leave all this funny business to the ones who have nout to do and learn to look past a smile !

I have just listened to the interview with the Aussie Bar guy.... on The Age

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/travel-new...90519-bd3r.html

He sounds a fair, level headed chap.

Okay it is one side of the story,

but I have no reason to suggest he was not speaking

totally as he understood it.

I'd suggest most bar owners in Thailand would agree with his analysis,

and feel that because the situation escalated between some tourists and the

police, his business has suffered.

I've been to the bar many times.

My thoughts are that it is a well run place where all nationalities, sexes and ages can

have a good time.

The place has even got security cameras in the ceilings over all the tables keeping an

eye on things.

The staff told us the cameras where there

so that if there were any disputes over bills

they could be easily resolved.

I won't be boycotting the place.

I might even buy a bar mat and get the bloke to sign it for me.

Sensible decision (in the end), made possible for all the wrong reasons.

I bet Simon Burrowes is wishing he was an attractive blonde (i.e. white) female with 4 kids crying into the camera. It would have made a much better story, he could have drummed up enough negative publicity for Thailand to save himself 3 months worth of hassle. Not to mention the exclusive "My hel_l in Thai jail" story for Hello magazine.

No-one comes out of this looking very good unfortunately.

I'l give you $5 and a beer mat!

but I will tell the truth about the THIEF!!

Hey saw this lady and hubby on oz TV giving interviews... She is quite a looker! She wil get swamped with TV offers!

Sorry but you miss spelt lady should be "Self confessed convicted thief" And most badly informed news papers and TV stations will also make the same mistake as your good self.

Well she didn't really confess on TV... said it was a joke from a friend and the security cameras in the bar say the same... someone put it in her bag! So if that is a self confessed criminal???? Or are you guys getting a different version in Thailand. We just landed in Australia last night...

She pleaded guilty in court or was she just having a joke with the judge?????????????

I HOPE THE THAI POLICE READ THIS QUOTE: AND THE TOURIST BOARD, I LIVED IN THAILAND FOR TWO YEARS WITH MY THAI WIFE HOWEVER WE HAD TWO WONDERFULL CHILDREN. AND I THOUGHT BETTER TO GET THEM TO THE WEST FOR A WHILE AND SAFETY, READ ABOUT THIS CASE AND TAKE HEAD ANOTHER MAN WAS JAILED AND DEPORTED A YEAR LATER FOR STEALING TWO TOWELS FROM A FIVE STAR HOTEL ON PHUKET. LOOK AT HOW MANY "SUICIDES" HA THERE ARE OF FARANG BELIEVE ME IT RUNS INTO THOUSANDS A YEAR ,HEADS HANGING IN CARRIAR BAGS ON A ROPE, PEOPLE WITH MONEY FALLING FROM A FIRST FLOOR BALCONY WITH EVERY BONE BROKEN IN THIER BODY, FALLEN OVER IN THE BATHROOM WITH MULTIPLE INJURIES, A FRENCH GUY GRABBING AN OFFICERS GUN OFF HIM AND SHOOTING HIM SELF TWICE TWICE IN THE HEAD, HOW THE FXXX CAN YOU SHOOT YOURSELF TWICE IN THE HEAD, I, MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS, THIER FRIENDS WILL AVOID VISITING THAILAND FOR THE NEXT TWENTY YEARS UNTIL THEY GET SOME REFORM AND THE MILITARY COOS HAVE STOPPED, THEY HAVE TO STOP JAILING TOURISTS FOR PETTY CRIMES, YES FINE THEM PUT A WARNING STAMP IN THIER PASSPORTS, ALL THE THAI JUDGES AND LAWERS ARE EDUCATED IN THE WESTERN UNIVERSITEIS THEN WHY DONT THEY TAKE WESTERN JUDGMENTS, I WOULDNT LET MY CHILDREN BE BROUGHT UP IN THAT COUNTRY, ITS FAR TOO CORRUPT, TOO MANY BACK HANDERS, SMILING POLICE MEN I LOVE THAILAND AND ITS MONARCY BUT I HATE THE SYSTEM STAY CLEAR TOURISTS UNTIL THEY REALISE REFORM

Edit:

Please refrain from putting yuor entire text in cppital lettetrs. It is considered shouting - mario2008

"Thousands"??????????

yeah, now lets think about that one. Lets say that the word "thousands" means 2,000 or more. At a minimum 2,000 that would mean a total of 38 suicides per week, or 5.4 per day :)

41 year old Pommie? If not sure whinge like one! :)

It is on the news now:

Paid $30 fine, passport handed back and suspended 6 month Jail for pleading guilty!

Fine paid by Mayor of Phuket!!!!!!

SO ALL OVER!

It is on the news now:

Paid $30 fine, passport handed back and suspended 6 month Jail for pleading guilty!

SO ALL OVER!

All over another stupid tourist thinking that stealing from someone whilst they are on holiday is funny!

NOT FUNNY BUT THEFT!!!!

In that case Judy, you better advocate that people on their hols shouldn't go out drinking....clearly you're not a drinker then...

I agree with a previous poster that the bar mats should be tied down or placed for sale only.

I've also worked in hospitality and people will always take things like this especially when they're drunk. Even when not drunk. The world over. Nothing to do with farangs in Thailand or looking down on Thai people. I remember hotels in a UK beach resort complaining to me that customers always took towels from the rooms, even sheets or pillow cases. In fact Thai customers do that also in Thailand. I once examined a room vacated by a Thai woman and all sheets and pillow cases had gone....

Judy, I don't know where you're from but a great many people take beer mats, ashtrays, lighters and matches from pubs esp. in Aussie, UK and US. OK, these beer mats were bigger than the others..but her group were drunk and you should know about Dutch courage especially when in a group. YOu could have easily done the same thing Misss. Its all apart of the drinking game..

So whats Steve Woods story, he's a bar owner in Phuket, how long has he been living their, have the police checked his passport visa, any dodgy stamps in the passport? does he have a work permit, as we all know its ok to own a bar, but illegal to change a light bulb without one.

All your licenses ok Steve? Music License? close at the right time, are your girls available for hire? health certificates? employing prostitutes?

What about your bar paraphernalia, was that all obtained legally? or lifted from some bars in Australia?

Have i missed anything the defense should be looking into? LOL

Steve has waitresses, there are no bar girls working as prostitutes, its one of the things that separates his bar from many others. Its not a back street bar but possibly the most prominent on the busiest street in Patong . He has about 13 TV's spread throughout the 2 stories and has sport of all kinds available for his patrons He's been there a long time and is very visible, if he was operating without a visa or work permit,then the amount of money he would have to be paying in bribes per week would probably exceed his profit.

I really hate to disagree with such a great defense BUT, I don't recall seeing bar owner as one of the acceptable occupations for issuing a work permit.

Being a big jerk doesn't make him better. It only makes him a big jerk.

In that case Judy, you better advocate that people on their hols shouldn't go out drinking....clearly you're not a drinker then...

I agree with a previous poster that the bar mats should be tied down or placed for sale only.

I've also worked in hospitality and people will always take things like this especially when they're drunk. Even when not drunk. The world over. Nothing to do with farangs in Thailand or looking down on Thai people. I remember hotels in a UK beach resort complaining to me that customers always took towels from the rooms, even sheets or pillow cases. In fact Thai customers do that also in Thailand. I once examined a room vacated by a Thai woman and all sheets and pillow cases had gone....

Judy, I don't know where you're from but a great many people take beer mats, ashtrays, lighters and matches from pubs esp. in Aussie, UK and US. OK, these beer mats were bigger than the others..but her group were drunk and you should know about Dutch courage especially when in a group. YOu could have easily done the same thing Misss. Its all apart of the drinking game..

I have been known to have a drink and have a good laugh however this does not make me a thief or does it where you come from???

It is on the news now:

SO ALL OVER!

All over another stupid tourist thinking that stealing from someone whilst they are on holiday is funny!

NOT FUNNY BUT THEFT!!!!

Sorry Not stupid tourist ohdearohdearohdear... a falng that has paid dearly for his little place in Thailand... The Thai ladies are the world's most sophistcated thieves! Ask any embassy about the fortunes lost in Thailand to Thai ladies! Why aren't they in JAIL... Oh they did it for love..pleeeease! I want to puke now...

It is on the news now:

SO ALL OVER!

I don't believe that was whinging. Not 41 and also not a Pom.

Personal shots mean nothing.

Facts are facts.

It sure as shit will not stop me returning to Phuket.

Seems the boards can get back to normal now.....

Seems like she has been set free after receiving a small(1000Baht fine) and a six month suspended sentence

Look for appearances on A Current Affair, Womens Weekly, New Idea very soon......

The lady was not very bright and I have little sympathy for her--some, but very little.

In Thailand impolite or disrespectful or confrontational behavior is serious. In my experience, it is often viewed more seriously than the actual crime. I know it's silly, but it's true. Tomorrow I have a meeting with a foreign employee and our Thai boss. He has done nothing wrong, but he has been impolite and disrespectful to others--mostly in very little ways. His job is on the line for it.

My job will be to get him to understand how they view this sort of thing and that is really quite hard.

This lady may leave Thailand a whole lot smarter than when she came. Best of luck to her and her family. I suggest Tasmania for the next holiday.

So whats Steve Woods story, he's a bar owner in Phuket, how long has he been living their, have the police checked his passport visa, any dodgy stamps in the passport? does he have a work permit, as we all know its ok to own a bar, but illegal to change a light bulb without one.

All your licenses ok Steve? Music License? close at the right time, are your girls available for hire? health certificates? employing prostitutes?

What about your bar paraphernalia, was that all obtained legally? or lifted from some bars in Australia?

Have i missed anything the defense should be looking into? LOL

Steve has waitresses, there are no bar girls working as prostitutes, its one of the things that separates his bar from many others. Its not a back street bar but possibly the most prominent on the busiest street in Patong . He has about 13 TV's spread throughout the 2 stories and has sport of all kinds available for his patrons He's been there a long time and is very visible, if he was operating without a visa or work permit,then the amount of money he would have to be paying in bribes per week would probably exceed his profit.

I really hate to disagree with such a great defense BUT, I don't recall seeing bar owner as one of the acceptable occupations for issuing a work permit.

Being a big jerk doesn't make him better. It only makes him a big jerk.

Don't show yourself up mate! being the managing director of a Thai Ltd company that owns a bar qualifies you to have a work permit. Jerk

LET'S ALL BE THANKFUL TO THE PHUKET GOVERNMENT AND ESPECIALLY THE GOVERNOR AND EVERYONE WHO HELPED TO GET OVER IT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

MANY OF MY FRIENDS DESCRIBED THIS GOVERNOR AS AN HONEST AND UNDERSTANDING PERSON.

~~~!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!~~~ also on behalf of those who forgot to be thankful due to the heat of the day.

While it is true that so many a tourists are misbeheaving whilst on holidays, we can't expect perfect guests, especially those who are here to recharge their batteries. This is one of the down points in the tourism industry and affects every country indirectly.

At the other hand I think a basic knowlegde about "Do and Don't" should be applied by everyone that can get you trouble free holidays.

Edited by elcent

It is on the news now:

SO ALL OVER!

Facts are facts.

Change your "Judy1968" it's a dead give away!... If you want to appear younger :D

Her husband doesn't seem aware that this has been resolved and she's on her way home although Phuketwan seems to think so.

Speaking from Phuket, he said they had not met with the court officials today and the only meeting they had was with their solicitor.

“If we are coming home, no one has told me,” he said.

“Sounds like the stories I was getting yesterday.”

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...506-661,00.html

It is on the news now:

SO ALL OVER!

NOT FUNNY BUT THEFT!!!!

Sorry Not stupid tourist ohdearohdearohdear... a falng that has paid dearly for his little place in Thailand... The Thai ladies are the world's most sophistcated thieves! Ask any embassy about the fortunes lost in Thailand to Thai ladies! Why aren't they in JAIL... Oh they did it for love..pleeeease! I want to puke now...

Sorry The bar owner is 100% the victim of the stupid Thief.

Where do you find the comparisum with other stupid tourists losing their shirts to Thai girls. I find that I hear the same story every day with just the names changed about guys giving their fourtunes to Thai girls (you would think that most of them would have known about how much a wife/girlfriend will cost them from their previous divorce settlements in far off shores prior to comming to Thailand).

It is on the news now:

SO ALL OVER!

Facts are facts.

Change your "Judy1968" it's a dead give away!... If you want to appear younger :D

I wish I was 41 From Ohdear1957