American Classic Car

Anyone seen one for sale I've hunted high and low on the net in Thailand but no luck

Near Pattaya, on the way to Asian U, (from Bangkok) just as you turn onto the road number 36 is what looks like an american car restorer, whos stock changes so often he must be a dealer. I passed it regularly, I really liked the look of the cars - although they may have just been freh paint over rust, I never looked closely (Always late!).

I think it was called Route 36.

Let us know if you get something!

I am sorry I do not have the website details, but my Thai friend is also after a Mustang and is a member of the Thai/American Car Club. I have seen the website and it maybe with you doing a google

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

i think the american classic (and some junkers) car dealer is khun narong... he always has an add in the bkk post classifieds, with a pic of some american classic and his phone number

Many American cars for sale. Check out http://www.thaiamericancarclub.com/board/index.php?board=2.0

There is a 68 and 71 Chevelle for sale. The 71 has a done 350 Chevy in it. Also a 72 Camero for sale. I belong to the club and you just need to keep checking their site. There is one problem with the site (besides it being in Thai) you might not see some of the photos on the threads unless you are a registered member. Register is free but you need to read Thai. BIG car show this weekend (Fri, Sat & Sun) at Siam Paragon. Put on by Thailand Classic Car Club. VERY high end restorations of classic cars. Most foreign but about 20 will be American iron. Here is a pic of my ride, 1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass with Lexus V-8 engine

Rokit

post-25614-1242985401_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rdrokit

Thanks thaicbr, guess you ride a Honda CBR, I would love to get a big bike but my wife says no way. I think my car is the only 65 Olds in Thailand. The guy I bought it from has a 1966 Olds 88 (bigger than a Cutlass) and about 25 more American cars. Must be nice.

Anyone seen one for sale I've hunted high and low on the net in Thailand but no luck

Up in Chiang Mai there's a 70's Camaro for sale, but the top has been removed since the photo was taken on www.autonostalgia.info

The same site has another, less well known US coupe, also for sale. There is also a Chiang Mai based American Car Club now with about 30 cars, mainly classics, plus a few old pick-ups.

Basycly it's very hard to find a good US Car overhere. Mostly they have the original engine replaced with a japanese one, sometime the dash is changed too so this makes the cars unatractive but they still expoensive overhere. I personally was lucky found 2 cars, not very special but special enought for Thailand. Both i put in very good good condition. The 56 Belair i sold last week!

post-36457-1243438223_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1243438247_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1243438255_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1243438309_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1243438325_thumb.jpg

post-36457-1243438446_thumb.jpg

Basycly it's very hard to find a good US Car overhere. Mostly they have the original engine replaced with a japanese one, sometime the dash is changed too so this makes the cars unatractive but they still expoensive overhere. I personally was lucky found 2 cars, not very special but special enought for Thailand. Both i put in very good good condition. The 56 Belair i sold last week!

Did you your price for the Chevy?

There is a 70's corvett at autoexchange pattaya.

It's acutally a 1980 Model. I still have the same back in Switzerland. The one in auto exchange const about 2.5 Mill.

Yeas, i got my price for the chevy belair.

That is an awesome ride man.

I don't have much to contribute to this thread - I'm just happy to see that retro American cars are being taken care of and driven in Thailand. :)

P.S. Stingray - I've been reading your posts for years and your advice/info about cars of all varieties has been both invaluable and informatvie. Keep it up!

Edited by DeathbyDurian

• 1 year later...

hi all! Im considering retiring to Pattaya and am a classic car guy.......what the story on american car clubs in Pattaya, ...and hats the likeyhood of finding a car in Thailand worth buying?

Don't know about Pattaya but a Chiang Mai site has several old Americans for sale.

No real muscle, but a chop-top Chevy Malibu and a very nice looking, stock looking Chevelle Coupe from '66.

www.autonostalgia.info

Going back to some older posts here, Route 36 near Pattaya is run by a Finnish guy who I am told has a good reputation for his body resto workshop as well as his sales.

Happy huntin & cruisin!

• 4 weeks later...

Bangkokclassiccar.com is well worth checking out.. You'll need to read basic Thai and register (in English) to view posted pics.. But they have a busy classified section and you'd be suprised at what shows up... Best thing is you get to compare the 'Thai' price that the locals are being quoted.. Good friendly bunch on there too.. There is also a another site/club devoted to yankee muscle cars too but can't find the link..