Does Thai Visa Ever Have Any Positive Stories?

timinchina

I have a new, good one.

No, not a woman.

I got a quick result on a no-no.

Had a lady from 'BKK' phone me every day for 5 weeks or so. 4 or 5 times a day. Finally got to meet her this week as she had a holiday. Gorgeous. Beautiful woman. Told me how happy she is now. Wants us to get it together.

She went back to BKK to her office job. I asked to meet her as I was going to BKK to meet an old friend.

Silence.

Phone call ended.

Huh?

Cannot meet me in BKK. Turns out she is not really working in BKK. So 5 days after meeting the woman, I discover she is a fraud. Wow!! Record time.

So there is my good story for this week :)

Ok mate, as long as you didn't send your life savings to the bloke in Liberia - u'll be fine.

I swapped it for U.S. $10 bills. Got a great deal. 50 cents on the $. What a mug that Nigerian man was, giving his $10 bills away like that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new, good one.

No, not a woman.

Had a lady from 'BKK' phone me every day for 5 weeks or so. 4 or 5 times a day. Finally got to meet her this week as she had a holiday. Gorgeous. Beautiful woman. Told me how happy she is now. Wants us to get it together.

She went back to BKK to her office job. I asked to meet her as I was going to BKK to meet an old friend.

Silence.

Phone call ended.

Huh?

Cannot meet me in BKK. Turns out she is not really working in BKK. So 5 days after meeting the woman, I discover she is a fraud. Wow!! Record time.

So there is my good story for this week :)

So...um...how did you meet her?

And where DID she work? :D

Here's a positive story.

The drinking water truck that sells the large white jugs came round today.

He usually charges me 12 baht for a large 10-gallon jug.

My wife was home this afternoon, and he only charged us 10 baht each -- the actual price.

Ain't that great!?

Sorry but I have to put a downer on this piece of good news.

When wifey found out I was charged 12 bht a jug from our usual supplier instead of 10, she normally picks it up herself, she said that we will find a new supplier as she hates dual pricing!!!!

I wish all Thai thaught that :)

Here's a positive story.

The drinking water truck that sells the large white jugs came round today.

He usually charges me 12 baht for a large 10-gallon jug.

My wife was home this afternoon, and he only charged us 10 baht each -- the actual price.

Ain't that great!?

Sorry but I have to put a downer on this piece of good news.

When wifey found out I was charged 12 bht a jug from our usual supplier instead of 10, she normally picks it up herself, she said that we will find a new supplier as she hates dual pricing!!!!

I wish all Thai thaught that :)

When they get to the point of believing "your money is their money" and "you being ripped off is they themselves being ripped off", they do get to think like that.

I have a new, good one.

No, not a woman.

Silence.

Phone call ended.

Huh?

So there is my good story for this week :D

So...um...how did you meet her?

And where DID she work? :D

In the pub. She was with friends and demanded my phone number. I gave it.

Ahhh, now. Work? I have no conclusive proof of that. But it isn't BKK. :)

No positives today..

Its Saturday and i have my customary hangover to stay true to beer, BKk and life.

It will be positive if i don't read about another theiving, stealing Ozzie wanting 15 minutes of fame and not realising commiting a crime in Thailand may just land you in trouble!

Lots of good news posts - where to get good food cheaply, getting laid in your old age, warm weather, flowers, trees. G W Bush is gone. Here's to the new boss, much like the old boss;....

Despite my hangover,you've renewed my faith in the human race...God I love Bangkok! :)

I've been reading various postings on this site for about a week now and I'm quite frankly amazed at the number of posts about any negative news in LOS,why not just rename it "Whingers Corner" and have done?

Does anyone actually enjoy living here? :)

Yes, it does. For example, there are fewer foreigners coming to Thailand. :D

Let's face it, the very nature of the site is likely to attract people experiencing problems with visas and other issues living in Thailand. It's not called thaisuccessstory.com is it? I've never had a problem with visas and work permits since I've lived here and I guess there are many other people in the same boat. Reading about visa and bar girl problems is just entertainment for me. 555+

Lots of good news posts - where to get good food cheaply, getting laid in your old age, warm weather, flowers, trees. G W Bush is gone. Here's to the new boss, much like the old boss;....

Sounds like a line from Who song :)

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss ....... Won't get fooled again !!