Can Someone Translate This For Me Please?

xtn5021

Well I've posted in the tattoo thread but I haven't gotten a response yet. So I was wondering if you guys can translate my dad's name "Khamphay" into Thai and Laos (Both if possible). Thanks in advance.

Well I've posted in the tattoo thread but I haven't gotten a response yet. So I was wondering if you guys can translate my dad's name "Khamphay" into Thai and Laos (Both if possible). Thanks in advance.

ฺํำำำำำำำำำำำำำ

คำแพ..... failing that you could just tattoo แดด (Dad). :)

ฺํำำำำำำำำำำำำำ

Well I would like to. But im also getting a tattoo of my moms name in ancient Filipino script.

ฺํำำำำำำำำำำำำำ

So is that my dads name or what? lol

Can you tell us more about the name -- what is the meaning? Without more info, it will be hard to know if we've got the correct word/spelling.

My tells me its some type of bamboo. But he's not positive on what type of bamboo.

its some type of bamboo. But he's not positive on what type of bamboo.

In that case the second syllable is more likely to be ไผ่ (which means bamboo) at the end rather than แพ - of course, if it's actually Lao and not Thai, then we're talking a different writing system and possibly also a different spelling...

There is a tambol (sub-district) in Yasothorn province called คำไผ่ which is a possible candidate.

I agree with Meadish though with only an English transliteration an exact match is impossible but based on what you wrote Kamphay it's more likely to be คำไผ่ than คำแพ which would be kamphae

By the way my wife is Laos says ไม้ไผ่ is how you say Bamboo in both Laos and Thai.

Edited by wasabi