Tiger Boxer Modifications

mbox

Kano, how did you get this light fitted? I am in CM, and the local Tiger dealer is ,,shall we say, not very enthusiastic,,,,

Mbox, I like your round light a lot, tiger tells me thats its still in development, and suggested i fit a vector headlight. I am happy to do this,,but,,was it a major modification? were new light supports needed etc. Your replies appreciated, Thanx.

hi Bike lovers,

A few months ago i asked Tiger to give the boxer a better outfit and identity.So here are the results.

I complained all the time about the headlight wasnt enough for a safe night ride.We both decided to go for the madass projector with a surrounding. Well u can see the German technology.The lights are very powerful and a lot brighter.On the highroad i can easily read the overhead roadsings from about 400 - 500 m distance.

The indicators are European standard by now. Better safety too other trafficers now exactly what you are up to next.(do thais care i dont kno

Here are some picture

post-69913-1251683069_thumb.jpg post-69913-1251683216_thumb.jpg

Charlie

Hi drfang,

The lights from kano are those ones from the E-Boxer and not too difficult to mount i'd say since the e-boxer was an existing Bike they built. On mine this is a different story, it isn't existing and it's done the first time. This is right to say it is still in developement...but i will keep you updated. The light works fine (yes its the vector light) now it is to change the Console and to find an appropriate windshield too...

There was a new mount for the light built...to my understanding...and for the console mostlikely too.

mbox

Thanks for the reply and PM mbox. I will hunt down a vector light and have a go at fitting it.

drfang, good choice i will be getting mine back next week with some adjustment done and we will try the F4 Console now...will let go of the digital speedo though and back to analogue without fuel gauge....back to the basics and using that reserve switch again...:-)

mbox

Edited by mbox

Anyone know what size carburetor the Tiger 250 uses? can't seem to find the specs on the Tiger website.

I´m not sure. My CRF 230 uses a very similar engine and has a 29mm keihin carb.

If this is true, I imagine a 32mm carb would unleash it's potential. Then it would be a really serious machne to deal with. Any tiger owners can verify the carb size?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is specially for the ones who actually own or driven a Tiger Boxer...i got a 250 RS and did some modifications...not a lot but still worth to make it a topic i guess.

I will add the apropriate photos in a smaller files size as i do not wish this to be an online photoalbum, which takes to load forever and hope anyone else who posts here please try not to make this a photo page...we all know the reliable internet service in LOS:-).

To those who have suggestions , you are welcome to bring in some ides!But keep your feets on the ground.

And as a question ...how on earth do i get my magnetic tankbag stick on my plastic tank?

my ,so far, ideas are A) glue under the plasic a steel sheet or :) make a strap on top of tank with the steel sheet inside....i like A) better but would love to hear other suggestions.

Attached my pictures of the today installed digital speedo which works great so far, and another pic how my rs250 would look if the tankbag was holding...

As additional info my Bike also got and 34 sprocket today which makes the midrange acceleration really nice , top speed is higher too , but with 100 kg, a windshield ,a topbox full with heavy stuff , and stong wind towards me...i managed a 135km/h...not too bad i'd say,

need also to point out the great service i have received from tiger ...this is the 3rd time the came a 240 km for some real professional jbb they done...total of 3 technicians it was today.

hope to see more ideas here,Thx,

mbox

will add the promised photos on the next post as i can't resize them on my netbook here...

Here the pics...

here the new speedo installed, it got total km, fuel gauge, trip km, time and speed , a blue backlight.

post-39208-1242990885_thumb.jpg

here a picture how the boxer would look with tankbag...you seealso , my topbox & windscreen on there.

post-39208-1242990962_thumb.jpg

mbox

Hi ,

i think it is time to post an updated picture of my Tiger Boxer 250rs...

Whats been done so far:

• Wider Handlebar (for better comfort)

• Head Light came from a kawa vector

• Digital speedo is from the x-road

• Console from the cagiva f4(the predecessor of the boxer)

• strap-on tankbag is from cortech(ebay)

• added an red o-ring chain

• Tires are dunlops radials

• There are still new mirrors being mounted end of this week

• The windshield was always something that looked "weird" to my personal taste...but it wasn't really the size or the shape but rather the mount. so i got to Mr.Somchai with the mount and did cut a 5cm part out of the middle piece and weld it together again(with extra support biece)...the result you can see now, i find it looks like "part of the bike and doing its purpose" not like "something for the purpose but looks like @#*! "

mbox

4049009141_24d007f18f_b.jpg

Thats a nice looking bike there mbox, the round headlight is a big improvement.

Only thing I would suggest is trying to get the screen a little lower so the gap between the instrument cover and screen is less pronounced.

Hi there, the gap between windshield to console has been more than halfed. I am unsure if further lowering is affecting the wind channeling to the driver ...i once had it lowered by making the windshields holes simply on a different spot...it wasn't doing good . it may simply look a bigger gap from the angle the picture was made but here is a different angle view

4049139527_f4e4aec16c_b.jpg

...i guess a 3cm could be lowered...maybe i'll try it out and see if it works out,

happy trails,

mbox

Hi mbox

Bike looking good and functional too!

I'm trying to get my friend to go for a 250rs in preference to a Kwacker D-tracker.

Although he lives in the jungle and the roads are terrible, I feel that when he does shortish road trips the

Tiger would be a better road bike. He is a big hulk of a man too!

Comments would be welcome.

Dave

Hi mbox

Bike looking good and functional too!

I'm trying to get my friend to go for a 250rs in preference to a Kwacker D-tracker.

Although he lives in the jungle and the roads are terrible, I feel that when he does shortish road trips the

Tiger would be a better road bike. He is a big hulk of a man too!

Comments would be welcome.

Dave

Hi dave, the boxer may not be an offroad bike as such but it does well on bad or gravel roads....so you can tell your friend that the boxer 250rs will be fine for him...it is an allrounder bike and you can do all kind of things and it does it really well with good torque,power & handling too. I am also not a "lightweight" and my Boxer 250Rs recently took me 1011 km/day which should underline that it offers comfort over distance too...

on "tiger sachs bikers club" your friend can also get more info about the Boxer .

mbox

Hey mbox. When are we going to see some pictures of your wife and her sister on the Tiger Retro's.

Your website www.tigersachsclub.c## is great, lots of info about Tiger and Sachs.....so coool that you can even order a bike direct from the site.

Also thanks for putting that article about the Dragons / Thaivisa charity event up on it.

Edited by thaicbr

Hey mbox. When are we going to see some pictures of your wife and her sister on the Tiger Retro's.

Your website www.tigersachsclub.c## is great, lots of info about Tiger and Sachs.....so coool that you can even order a bike direct from the site.

Also thanks for putting that article about the Dragons / Thaivisa charity event up on it.

Agreed, its a good site

Well, I have to say the Mbox rocket is Euro slick and wouldn't look out of place amongst the Aprilla's, Moto Marini's and Ducati's where ever they hang out! But I like the look of Charlie's better.....except for the top box. I don't like top boxes! The Sachs headlight looks cool!

Mbox there is 3 ways to cure the tank bag blues.

1/ Araldite some neodynium magnets under the plastic and replace the magnetized panels in the bag with thin steel panels.

2/ Get a sheet of steel expanded mesh (light weight) and form it to the shape of the inside of the tank cover and Araldite it in.

3/ Glue (Araldite) some Valco strips under the bottom edge of the tank cover and add the other Valco hook bit to the flaps on the bag.

post-63954-1256726014_thumb.jpgpost-63954-1256726030_thumb.jpg

Agreed, its a good site

+1 on that- I just signed up today :)