Locked Up For Stealing Donut

saintofsilence

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He tried to run from the police officers!

The Aussies are having a bad time here lately maybe they need to read the lonely planet of anywhere outside of OZ.

People take the p1ss here and when it comes to the crunch they suddenly realise they are not home anymore and it gets more serious so as many criminals do they make their story sound like they are innocent... spare me purr lease....

Long where are you are to defend this guy who admits he tried to run from the police?

Walk around any Carrefours or Lotus supermarket on a Saturday morning and see how many people are eating cakes, biscuits, donuts or whatever before reaching the cash desk. Does anyone do anything? No!

I can't see how people can be accused of stealing before they actually leave the shop without paying.

Mind you, the fact that he tried to run didn't help him.

Walk around any Carrefours or Lotus supermarket on a Saturday morning and see how many people are eating cakes, biscuits, donuts or whatever before reaching the cash desk. Does anyone do anything? No!

I can't see how people can be accused of stealing before they actually leave the shop without paying.

Exactly my friend, i can walk into any 7-11, Tesco, Daily Mart etc eat or drink what i like in the shop walk to the till and pay for it the only problem they would have is bar code scanning an open can... but this was a donut! once again...bullsh1t

These people have broken the law in some way (tried to run from the police) and somehow they think its going to be okay?

duh!

This makes a pleasant change from Brit Bashing :)

Have to agree though that if he had tried to leave without paying, then I could understand the problem, but he took the box to the counter. Do they think we Farang are all so hard up now that we will nick anything??

Still, an expensive box of Doughnuts.

I'll defend him, not for running though that was just plain stupid.

He is standing in line waiting to pay, visibly and happily eating the doughnuts in front of everyone. Holding the package in hand so it can be scanned for purchase. How the cashiers thought processes amounted to this guy robbing the joint is beyond me.

He should not have run though, no matter how scared you don't run from the police.

I agree. saw that myself many times, and done that myself. :)

never any cashiers raised any issues about that.

after reading this though I think I better be careful - better to pay first rather than be jailed.

may be there is more to that story about donuts - may be that guy p1ssed them off somehow, or has been doing so for a while ?

that would explain why they called police and why police arrived so fast and didn't listen to his reasoning that he has money to pay...

Time to get tough with these loudmouth, drunken, disrespectful Aussies. Start chopping off some hands and maybe they'll learn some respect. It's Aussie scum like this who give all farang a bad name in Thailand.

In the case of Mr. Kearney who stole not one but several doughnuts it's clear now this criminal should have been shot the moment he tried to flee from the police. If things had been sorted on the spot then we wouldn't now be faced with the Australian media attempting to tarnish the image of Thailand yet again. The Thais generously allow him to leave the country after what ammounts to a slap on the wrist and this is what they get in return. Disgraceful!

I agree. saw that myself many times, and done that myself. :)

never any cashiers raised any issues about that.

after reading this though I think I better be careful - better to pay first rather than be jailed.

may be there is more to that story about donuts - may be that guy p1ssed them off somehow, or has been doing so for a while ?

that would explain why they called police and why police arrived so fast and didn't listen to his reasoning that he has money to pay...

having the money to pay ! isn't that what rich famous people say who are caught shoplifting?

This guy ate donuts before paying for them and tried to do a runner from the cops and now he is getting his 15 minutes of fame by trying to act innocent on the back of these other crimes..!

I was on a public bus heading North out of Fort Lauderdale once and it had a recorded message for each stop (in English and Spanish). When I heard something like "Somewhere-or-Other Police Headquarters" it piqued my interest enough to look up from my book and I was confronted by the BIGGEST 'Dunkin Donuts' [sic] I had ever seen. I suspect the police HQ was on the opposite side, but oh the irony... :D :D :D

Not a good idea to rob a doughnut shop anywhere :)

having the money to pay ! isn't that what rich famous people say who are caught shoplifting?

This guy ate donuts before paying for them and tried to do a runner from the cops and now he is getting his 15 minutes of fame by trying to act innocent on the back of these other crimes..!

Are you being funny? I suspect not which leads me to ask. You really thought he was stealing the doughnuts? How do you explain him standing in line waiting to pay? Don't people that steal not pay, I mean that is the point of stealing right? Why would he wait around while eating right in front of countless witnesses? Guess falang thieves are one step away from being mentally disabled if they don't even have the concept of not paying when they are trying to steal something.

Are you being funny? I suspect not which leads me to ask. You really thought he was stealing the doughnuts? How do you explain him standing in line waiting to pay? Don't people that steal not pay, I mean that is the point of stealing right? Why would he wait around while eating right in front of countless witnesses? Guess falang thieves are one step away from being mentally disabled if they don't even have the concept of not paying when they are trying to steal something.

Yeah cus you believe he's telling the truth now he's back in farang land.

<deleted> would a clerk call the cops for somebody who was queuing up to pay for the goods they just scoffed?

He tried to run from the cops! get real dude - he has fabricated his story to suit his ego/needs now.

Yeah cus you believe he's telling the truth now he's back in farang land.

<deleted> would a clerk call the cops for somebody who was queuing up to pay for the goods they just scoffed?

He tried to run from the cops! get real dude - he has fabricated his story to suit his ego/needs now.

You could sit around and ask why all day when it comes to Thai people. I assume you haven't been here or maybe just for a 2 week vacation? Ridiculous charges and ridiculous penalties are par for the course here. Happens all the time and not just to foreigners. The cashier was probably just stupid, however, once the police are involved there is no way out except to pay or go to court which takes a long time. Guilt or innocence has nothing to do with it. Honestly you sound like someone who knows very little about Thailand.

So we can't steal bar mats or donuts. Perhaps we need to make a list of things that can be stolen without the risk of going to jail.

A sign could be put up at arrivals in the airport so everyone knows what they can or cannot steal. It will save the rest of us getting a bad name.

Nidge.

So we can't steal bar mats or donuts. Perhaps we need to make a list of things that can be stolen without the risk of going to jail.

A sign could be put up at arrivals in the airport so everyone knows what they can or cannot steal. It will save the rest of us getting a bad name.

Nidge.

They should make a list on the smart traveller website!

I myself have not paid 5 baht to use the toilet once.....sh*t they might track me down!

I myself have not paid 5 baht to use the toilet once.....sh*t they might track me down!

I don't think that counts as stealing, more like dumping without permission :)