Thai Debit Cards

Hello,

i couldnt find a thaibank who does exactly that.

i needed a visa(not electron) so i could make payment on the net and use for hotel reservations etc...

i landed up gettin a visa gold credit card from bangkok bank via my company with a credit limit of 100,000 baht.

but the problem was that since i am a foreigner(so i cant be trusted), they blocked 100,000 in my private savings account as a safety.

for thai nationals this is not required, they would not require the gurantee.

international banks are not encouraged by the thai government and have very limited services in thailand....so your best bet would be to start praying that thai banks start offering better services....

but the problem was that since i am a foreigner(so i cant be trusted), they blocked 100,000 in my private savings account as a safety.

Well then, all you gotta do, is get a thai citizenship.,.... :o

Hello,

i couldnt find a thaibank who does exactly that.

i needed a visa(not electron) so i could make payment on the net and use for hotel reservations etc...

i landed up gettin a visa gold credit card from bangkok bank via my company with a credit limit of 100,000 baht.

international banks are not encouraged by the thai government and have very limited services in thailand....so your best bet would be to start praying that thai banks start offering better services....

Sounds like this is about the only option short of getting citizenship. The 'debit' type of collateralized credit that you descibe has been an method I have used before and seems to be the easiest and quickest way. I wonder if this can be done as a private individual without having company backing in Thailand to get you in the door. Anyone have any experiences/success with this approach?