Allianz Car Insurance Scam

JimSiam

A friend got a quote from Allianz for their car insurance, it seemed high so they checked with another large company who told them the 20,000,000 baht 3rd party coverage they had was a waste as the government has set the payout limit at 10,000,000 baht for 3rd party claims, so they were just doing it to get a higher price for the policy. They also said the 500,000 bail bond was excessive as 200,000 is all that is ever needed.

A friend got a quote from Allianz for their car insurance, it seemed high so they checked with another large company who told them the 20,000,000 baht 3rd party coverage they had was a waste as the government has set the payout limit at 10,000,000 baht for 3rd party claims, so they were just doing it to get a higher price for the policy. They also said the 500,000 bail bond was excessive as 200,000 is all that is ever needed.

Sounds like b-sht.

If you wreck someones 25 mill baht Ferrari, I bet you have to come up with those 25 mill baht 3rd party claim

A friend payed 1 mill baht bail after accident. Insurance was 200k so he had to find 800k in a few hours to avoid jail. Got them back months later

I know nothing about Allianz, but most car insuranse in LOS cover too little. I realy try to avoid hitting those Ferraris :)

Sounds like b-sht.

If you wreck someones 25 mill baht Ferrari, I bet you have to come up with those 25 mill baht 3rd party claim

A friend payed 1 mill baht bail after accident. Insurance was 200k so he had to find 800k in a few hours to avoid jail. Got them back months later

I know nothing about Allianz, but most car insuranse in LOS cover too little. I realy try to avoid hitting those Ferraris :)

He asked the same, the response was "in Thailand they do knock for knock", so the Ferraris owners insurance would cover the repairs to his vehicle, the limit 10m is imposed by the OIC the govt regulator of the insurance industry.

Sounds like b-sht.

1 m not believe - not even in a case of running down and killing someone on purpose - more lickly pissed of the cops :D

Can you get agreed value insurance in Thailand, I would really like it for my car as I want to be sure if someone wrecks it I wont be out of pocket.

He asked the same, the response was "in Thailand they do knock for knock", so the Ferraris owners insurance would cover the repairs to his vehicle, the limit 10m is imposed by the OIC the govt regulator of the insurance industry.

I have 3 cars/trucks and some bikes. There has never been knock for knock. My ins-company pays when my vehicle is in fault. The other party pay my damages when hit my vehicles, even if they dont have insurance. My ins-company make them pay.

A kid on a Fino hit my frontfender ones. He wanted to go to the police station. I told him to run so he didnt have to pay to my insurancecompany. Police told him to run so he didnt have to pay. He lives in the neighborhood and smiles every time he sees me now.

Most insurance quotes I have seen have been liability 2-5 mill baht. I didnt buy them

Sounds like b-sht.

1 m not believe - not even in a case of running down and killing someone on purpose - more lickly pissed of the cops :D

Up to you

The full story is worse. The initial bail to police was 1 mill baht. A week later another bail to prosecutor was 1 mill. Two weeks later he got the 1 mill police bail back, with a check. Took another week to clear the check. IOW he had to come up with 1,8 mill baht (insuranse bail was 200k) in one week, to stay out of jail. Case was dropped in a few months. The other party died, but didnt have driverslicense, so my friend was not in fault........ But his 1,2 mill baht Harley was wrecked and his hospitalbill was another 1,5 mill baht.

Up to you

The full story is worse. The initial bail to police was 1 mill baht. A week later another bail to prosecutor was 1 mill. Two weeks later he got the 1 mill police bail back, with a check. Took another week to clear the check. IOW he had to come up with 1,8 mill baht (insuranse bail was 200k) in one week, to stay out of jail. Case was dropped in a few months. The other party died, but didnt have driverslicense, so my friend was not in fault........ But his 1,2 mill baht Harley was wrecked and his hospitalbill was another 1,5 mill baht.

From your post I understand that your friend was not fault because the other party didn't have a driverlicense.....

In the western world this would be true but not in thailand.Because you don't have a driver license or are under age doesn't declare you wrong in thailand.You will only get a traffic ticket for it.

Also never heard about 2 times bail money in the same case.

Up to you

From your post I understand that your friend was not fault because the other party didn't have a driverlicense.....

In the western world this would be true but not in thailand.Because you don't have a driver license or are under age doesn't declare you wrong in thailand.You will only get a traffic ticket for it.

Also never heard about 2 times bail money in the same case.

Two times bail, have copy of the receipts right here. First to police when arrested, then to prosecutor or court. Then you get police bail back when convinient for police offiser. Its normal according to lawyer and us embassy. I lend him some cash

Driving without license, drunk or under age you are in fault in LOS, even if you dont do anything else wrong. According to the prosecutor. I guess they know the law.

I dont care. Just want tv readers to know some insurance arent really good