Phuket Fishing Reports 2009

69690jay

Out yesterday, towards the phi phi area, dont want to be too specific as to where.

Another good day out, got amongst the longtoms, heaps of them around and even managed to land a few.

Got a good selection ao estuary cod, a bit bigger size than previous trips. Then later on in the afternoon got amongst some squid, lots of good sized one out there.

Was a good trip, even if I didnt get the boat into the water until 11am.

Tight lines

Big Guy,

Good to her some reports of other areas and I agree Big Longtoms are great fun on light tackle we do it with a deadbait and a Balloon drifting close into the islands, occasionaly will hook up to a GT or a Barracuda and if we are very lucky the chance of a small sail.

I am back on 21st providing I can get through Europe from Angola with this Volcano Crap everywhere.

Pop on down to the Rawai Beach IGFA Fishing Club for a beer with me, Jay and the guys if you have the time.

Keep up the reports great for guys away from home looking forward to getting back in the water.

Neill

President

Rawai Beach IGFA Fishing Club

Thanks neill, am keen to head down for a few coldies, just a matter of convincing the cook as its quite a drive back to kathu and I dont mind a few drinks.

I am keen on heading out to the racha islands but launching is a problem at that end of the island, on low tides anyway.

I have just found a good public boatramp at rasada, 500bt and is run by the local government.

Hope to catch up with the club soon, but unfortunately awaiting the phonecall for the next contract, so could be leaving anytime. Let me know when you are back and if i am still here I will come down for a few bevvies and and to compare a few notes on fishing.

Another good day out today. 3 longtoms, biggest 1metre, 4 good sized estuary cod and 4 kilos of squid. plus an assortment of other smaller things that the mil gets to keep her happy.

Thanks mcfalang for the ballon idea, unfortuanately didnt manage to have any balloons but used a float and managed to land 3 of the 4 strikes I had with longtoms. They are great fun on light gear especially the big ones.

Sea was a bit choppy this morning on the way out to my spot, about a good hours run from the ramp, but well worth the effort. Had sttled down a lot by the time we headed back, so a fast trip back.