60+60+30 Day Visa

I saw the 1st Sect at the S African Embassy in Feb and put "my cards on the table". I told him that I wanted Thai residency but as I did not qualify financially for starting a business or retiring I wished to "cut a deal" with them.

I told him that I know Governments can bend the rules on immigration if they want a person enough - to which he agreed.

I said in exchange for my wish - as I had the name, experience, reputation and contacts that they did not have [Nor could get on the terms I`m offering], that I would set up a Govt owned tourism structure - unique in the world - that should attract 5million visitors, and bring in US$25mill a year.

He loved it and he asked me to do a full presentation. Which I did taking 3 weeks on it.

He told me when I came back then that I would get my visa and he would send the full proposal on DVD to TAT before it went to the Minister.

However until the Thai Govt had agreed to pick up on this project and realising this could take time, the best he could do visa-wise was to give me a 2+2+1 month visa and if the project was a "GO" another arrangement would be made for me.

My visa is a Category TR and is for 2 entries [No mention of the duration of 60 = 60 or the 1 month one].

When I arrived in BK I got a 2 month stamp - and no discussion!

I spoke to a friends Farang contact in a visa service [or Immigration] and was told I could go to Immigration, pay 1900 Bt and get an extension of 30 days. Then after those 30 days is up I would do a run and get another 60 days and repeat the exemption story and so on.

I see no benefit of getting an extension – except financial, but that is not an issue as I had booked to go to Angkor – as from what I understand there is no time benefit as I would most likely get a 30 day visa coming back.

Stickmans site says if I do a run I get 30 days and so does the Farang - yet other sites say only 15

I am in Cambodia now and saw a sign on the Thai border wall when I came in saying only 15 days.

But all refer to the above scenario with 1x60 day visa.[Except the sign at the border - thats all it says]

I am supposed to have 2x60 days

So: Questions:

• Because I got 60 days the 1st time will I automatically get another 60 days?
  • If I only get 30 days instead of the 60 promised does that mean I can never go to Immigration and get another 60 day visa?
  • So by going to Angkor have I disadvanted myself by then being stuck in a 30 day or 15 day stay cycle instead of going the Immigration route and getting 60 + 30 day ext - etc.

Facts - Not opinions - Greatly Appreciated

A 2 entry Tourist Visa will give you 2 entries of 60 days each. Each entry can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days. Just be carefull to make your second entry before the Visa expires.

Entering Thailand from a neighbouring country by land without a Visa gives 15 days. If entering by air it is 30 days.

It is really 60+30+60+30 that can be done.

Getting an extension is best because you get more out of your visa. If you get extensions you can stay for almost 6 months without getting a new visa. Otherwise you only get about 4.

You have to watch out for websites that are out of date. The rule was changed last November to where you only get 15 days at a border crossing if you don't have a visa.

If you stil have an entry left on your visa you will get 60 days when you enter.