Vitamin B12 Injections

Pdavies99

Hi there, having recently left UK hospital, I need Vitamin b12 injections...can anyone tell me where I might buy these other than at hospitals who hugely overcharge.

If you are in Pattaya. Go to a private clinic, explain your needs and any qualified Doctor of medicine can give you these shots.

You could go to Banglamung or Sirikit Hospital, but you will wait a while to be seen.

It shouldn't cost you much in Thailand. I had a tetanus injection in the Pattaya Memorial Hospital for 105 baht.

Hi there, having recently left UK hospital, I need Vitamin b12 injections...can anyone tell me where I might buy these other than at hospitals who hugely overcharge.

If you are in Pattaya. Go to a private clinic, explain your needs and any qualified Doctor of medicine can give you these shots.

You could go to Banglamung or Sirikit Hospital, but you will wait a while to be seen.

It shouldn't cost you much in Thailand. I had a tetanus injection in the Pattaya Memorial Hospital for 105 baht.

i get my flu jab every year 150 baht

There is a clinic in Naklua about 60m down from Boncafe in the direction of the Dolphin circle. They use to charge 200 Baht for vitamine injections. Bangkok Pattaya is usually charging 1,000 Bht for the same.

The location is next to Big Pizza Naklua, sorry I don't have the name of the clinic right now.

Hi thanks for responses I actually got it at :

DPharmacy, on Sukhumvit road, half way between South pattaya Road and Central Road, it is the Pharmacy that sells Medical equipment etc, stand alone building...wait for it!!!

1000 mg B12.....3 baht each

Syringe ...........5 baht each

Paul

(So you can see, how much you can be overcharged!!!)

I must add that having recently had a stomach operation, and now requiring various expensive and inexpensive pills etc, that this place is ALWAYS I think a better price than elsewhere, I spent a long time checking prices with discounts etc in many places (including Fascinos, North Road, who are not too bad) that DPharmcy always offer a lower price and will order in.

Best

Paul

Edited by Pdavies99

Thanks for below, but Vitamin B12 is NOt a flu jab, see following, but thanks for input:

Vitamin B12's primary functions are in the formation of red blood cells and the maintenence of a healthy nervous system. B12 is necessary for the rapid synthesis of DNA during cell division. This is especially important in tissues where cells are dividing rapidly, particularly the bone marrow tissues responsible for red blood cell formation. If B12 deficiency occurs, DNA production is disrupted and abnormal cells called megaloblasts occur. This results in anaemia. Symptoms include excessive tiredness, breathlessness, listlessness, pallor, and poor resistance to infection. Other symptoms can include a smooth, sore tongue and menstrual disorders. Anaemia may also be due to folic acid deficiency, folic acid also being necessary for DNA synthesis.

B12 is also important in maintaining the nervous system. Nerves are surrounded by an insulating fatty sheath comprised of a complex protein called myelin. B12 plays a vital role in the metabolism of fatty acids essential for the maintainence of myelin. Prolonged B12 deficiency can lead to nerve degeneration and irreversible neurological damage.

When deficiency occurs, it is more commonly linked to a failure to effectively absorb B12 from the intestine rather than a dietary deficiency. Absorption of B12 requires the secretion from the cells lining the stomach of a glycoprotein, known as intrinsic factor. The B12-intrinsic factor complex is then absorbed in the ileum (part of the small intestine) in the presence of calcium. Certain people are unable to produce intrinsic factor and the subsequent pernicious anaemia is treated with injections of B12.

Vitamin B12 can be stored in small amounts by the body. Total body store is 2-5mg in adults. Around 80% of this is stored in the liver. Vitamin B12 is excreted in the bile and is effectively reabsorbed. This is known as enterohepatic circulation. The amount of B12 excreted in the bile can vary from 1 to 10ug (micrograms) a day. People on diets low in B12, including vegans and some vegetarians, may be obtaining more B12 from reabsorption than from dietary sources. Reabsorption is the reason it can take over 20 years for deficiency disease to develop in people changing to diets absent in B12. In comparison, if B12 deficiency is due to a failure in absorption it can take only 3 years for deficiency disease to occur.

i get my flu jab every year 150 baht

Hi thanks for responses I actually got it at :

DPharmacy, on Sukhumvit road, half way between South pattaya Road and Central Road, it is the Pharmacy that sells Medical equipment etc, stand alone building...wait for it!!!

1000 mg B12.....3 baht each

Syringe ...........5 baht each

Paul

(So you can see, how much you can be overcharged!!!)

I must add that having recently had a stomach operation, and now requiring various expensive and inexpensive pills etc, that this place is ALWAYS I think a better price than elsewhere, I spent a long time checking prices with discounts etc in many places (including Fascinos, North Road, who are not too bad) that DPharmcy always offer a lower price and will order in.

Best

Paul

So 3 baht for the B12 and 5 baht for the syringe,that make 42 baht left for the injection as you said 50 baht per injection in you previous post.

Can you tell us where they give you an injection for 42 baht or even 50 baht as I need some injections sometimes as well so would be very interesting to know.

Edited by basjke

Forgive me for thinking you are being pedantic, but here goes; 500 mg of b12 is about a quarter of a thimble amount usually using a throw away insulin type syringe injected anywhere into the skin (but preferably the upper thigh)..its the type of mini syringe a diabetic self-uses every day..so I assume most people can like them can inject it yourself, or whatever! or pay what you want!

(The original price of 50 baht was the price of a syringe, a skin wipe and B12 injection, now as below found at 8 baht)

Most people would think you are just being argumentative?

Anyway thanks for everyones help...Inquiry closed. :)

So 3 baht for the B12 and 5 baht for the syringe,that make 42 baht left for the injection as you said 50 baht per injection in you previous post.

Can you tell us where they give you an injection for 42 baht or even 50 baht as I need some injections sometimes as well so would be very interesting to know.

Edited by Pdavies99

Forgive me for thinking you are being pedantic, but here goes; 500 mg of b12 is about a quarter of a thimble amount usually using a throw away insulin type syringe injected anywhere into the skin (but preferably the upper thigh)..its the type of mini syringe a diabetic self-uses every day..so I assume most people can like them can inject it yourself, or whatever! or pay what you want!

(The original price of 50 baht was the price of a syringe, a skin wipe and B12 injection, now as below found at 8 baht)

Most people would think you are just being argumentative?

Anyway thanks for everyones help...Inquiry closed. :)

Thank you for your kind reply sir.If you had better outlined your posts I wouldn't have had the need for my question.

Anyway I'm glad you found the cheapest solution available.

Please keep us entertained with your topics.

To keep your next topic in line with your previous ones it would be something like,where can i get a fried rice for 20 baht instead of the usual 25 baht. :D