Visa Options From Manilla

hi,

i originally obtained a 1 year non immigrant 0 multi entry visa from nz which could be renewed free of charge for one more year when i left the country. unfortunately the multi entry did not renew automatically . i did not know and therefore did not get a rentry permit. the up shot is i lost my one year visa and got 30 days on arrival. i am over 50 and have just deposited 800,000 in the bank here.

i have booked to go to manilla for 3 weeks soon. does any one know if i can get a non immigrant visa there, or a double entry tourist visa, or any other solutions.

i have also been told for first retirement visa the mone y only needs to be in the bank 60 days

thanks

You would be lucky to get any kind of visa in Manila. You can try but all reports are negative for Manila even for tourist visas. The are not freindly at all.

If you don't get a visa as soon as you get back go to your bank and get a letter confirming your balance and a document confirming it it came from outside Thailand. Then go to immigration and apply for a change of visa status (2000 baht). They will issue you a 90 day non-o visa and within the last 30 days of your pemit to stay go back an apply for your extension (1900 baht) by thne your money will of been in the bank for the rquired 60 days.. Since you will entering on a visa exempt entry you will have to do this within 8 days after you arrive to meet the 21 day rule.