Champions League Final

bkkjames

post only in English please :D

I know Id like to take some educated guesses at the Spanish words, but forum rules only allows English to be used :D

(nothing whatsoever about being biased towards an English team, certainly not the particular one that played this morning, and certainly NOT by ME :))

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post only in English please :D

I know Id like to take some educated guesses at the Spanish words, but forum rules only allows English to be used :D

(nothing whatsoever about being biased towards an English team, certainly not the particular one that played this morning, and certainly NOT by ME :D)

Best not refer to the nickname of Barça supporters then. :)

ps

translated, it's the same as some naughty boys refer to the Arsenal.

:D

Well if it is a bit strong, I object to getting up in the middle of the night for the match only to discover the english team could not be bothered.

Would not mind so much if they had made an effort, even losing say 4-2.

Suppose though if they don't care-which is the impression I got- then:

Why should we....

You have some history on the matter of Man U. You recently started a thread on how disgusted you were that Sir Alex didn't put out a strong enough side for your liking in the FA Cup. You aren't a fan but it's as if you feel that Man U owes you something?! What's that all about then?

Well if it is a bit strong, I object to getting up in the middle of the night for the match only to discover the english team could not be bothered.

Would not mind so much if they had made an effort, even losing say 4-2.

Suppose though if they don't care-which is the impression I got- then:

Why should we....

You have some history on the matter of Man U. You recently started a thread on how disgusted you were that Sir Alex didn't put out a strong enough side for your liking in the FA Cup. You aren't a fan but it's as if you feel that Man U owes you something?! What's that all about then?

He reminds of the guy in the movie "The Fan". I know, it's an insult to Robert Deniro but...

Quit defending your team, Man U, fans, at least for one week for goodness' sakes. Especially responding to someone who's clearly winding you up until you're blue in the face. Apart from the first 10 minutes you were crap. You were beaten by the better footballing side.

Barcelona is the best football team in the world this year and a joy to watch. Let's talk about them. I think Xavi and Iniesta have only gotten better the last three years, as well as Messi. Messi seems a lock for footballer of the year this year, in my opinion, but what about Eto'o? He rose to the big occasion and coolly took the first goal. Actually, who knows, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o or Messi could all win it, but I think the hype surrounds Messi the most so he'll win it, especially as he has the most natural ability. And Puyol, what an animal on this night. Did anyone think he'd play so well on the wing? Alves wasn't even missed, not a wit. Add to his strong runs up the flank the fact that he's a better defender than Alves I think he was a better option on this night. How about a makeshift defense? Toure almost <deleted> up a couple of times but other than that, filled in nicely. And how many times did Pique block Rooney's crosses? About 33 times? Goodness, he was the best central defender in this match. I don't remember seeing him do much of anything for Munited except make a mistake that led to a loss to Bolton, but now I see why they wanted him in the first place. Great performance. Barcelona are true masters of possession and that's half of their defensive strategy, not letting other teams have too many chances. Twas a joy to see the team playing the most attractive, fundamentally sound football take the trophy. The football gods got it right this time.

And what is Hleb doing there? He should never have left Arsenal where he actually got to play. I'm sure he was happy to win a Champions League final, but you barely played all year, man. Go back to Arsenal where you have a team that plays you.

Quit defending your team, Man U, fans, at least for one week for goodness' sakes. Especially responding to someone who's clearly winding you up until you're blue in the face. Apart from the first 10 minutes you were crap. You were beaten by the better footballing side.

The only defending has concerned people saying that the team and the manager were useless on the basis of one game, forgetting the fact that we're just won one of the hardest leagues in the world and got to the final of the biggest club competition bar none - those things don't happen by accident. If someone talks <deleted> about your team, i think it's only natural to respond, be they wind-up merchant or not.

As for us being crap last night and being beaten by the better side, that's exactly what we've all been saying. Where have you been? Tell us something we don't know why don't you?

....But they are going to miss Fletcher and if they let Barca run at them the way Liverpool did they could be in trouble.

Sadly this prophecy came true.United really missed Fletcher in the holding midfield position just as they have missed Hargreaves in that role all season.

Iniesta and Xavi tore Uniteds midfield to shreds in a similar way that Liverpool did in March.

Although United played poorly (I think only Van der Saar had a reasonable game) I think you have to congratulate Barcelona for a fine footballing display and nobody could doubt that they were worthy champions on the night.....unfortunately. :)

The only defending has concerned people saying that the team and the manager were useless on the basis of one game, forgetting the fact that we're just won one of the hardest leagues in the world and got to the final of the biggest club competition bar none - those things don't happen by accident. If someone talks <deleted> about your team, i think it's only natural to respond, be they wind-up merchant or not.

As for us being crap last night and being beaten by the better side, that's exactly what we've all been saying. Where have you been? Tell us something we don't know why don't you?

Geez, bit sensitive aren't you? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Lighten up!

Geez, bit sensitive aren't you? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Lighten up!

LOL - No mate - if i was sensitive or in need of lightening up i'd be declaring that i was going to block you.

Hmmm... now who is it around here that does that.....? :)

Edited by rixalex

LOL - No mate - if i was sensitive or in need of lightening up i'd be declaring that i was going to block you.

Hmmm... now who is it around here that does that.....? :)

:D Funny how some things come back to haunt them.

The ref had a good game :D , Man U were rubbish :) , Barca were better :D .

Bif of a delayed reaction there Ben... :D

It's ok, singhy, up until the game Last Week, he was still going on about JT's slip up in last year's match. :D