Range Rover Thailand

longballlarry

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

http://www.landroverbangkok.com/English/Co...y_Overview.aspx

I bought mine from their Viphavadee-Rangsit branch a couple of years back, no complaints. It's just past the Suthisarn intersection, on the left as you come off the expressway heading towards Lat Phrao / Don Muang.

Edited by ballpoint

When they go wrong they go spectacularly wrong.

You'd have to be a mug to spend that kind of money on any personal conveyance in Thailand, it's all going into the dealer's and government's pockets.

:D

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

I bought mine from their Viphavadee-Rangsit branch a couple of years back, no complaints. It's just past the Suthisarn intersection, on the left as you come off the expressway heading towards Lat Phrao / Don Muang.

From their website...

"Thai Ultimate Car determines to keep on developing quality of customer services together with human resources continually."

Shame they can't get their website to work properly then. :)

You'd have to be a mug to spend that kind of money on any personal conveyance in Thailand, it's all going into the dealer's and government's pockets.

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

From their website...

"Thai Ultimate Car determines to keep on developing quality of customer services together with human resources continually."

Oberkommando,

I can't believe, however rich any chap might be, why they'd spend money like this on a motor in Thailand either.

Pick-ups are the best value and you can get gardening stuff in the back, concrete blocks, bags of cement and the wife's Granny . . . . all at the same time!

Edited by MJP

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

From their website...

Rather a strange post from a guy who was bragging on another thread that he withdraws 600,000 baht from ATM's every month to pay off cars he's bought. And why bother looking at the website if only a mug would buy one? As in so many threads here, the sheer petty mindedness and envy towards any one seen as doing better strikes again. The OP asked a simple question. I gave him an answer. What's your problem?

Rather a strange post from a guy who was bragging on another thread that he withdraws 600,000 baht from ATM's every month to pay off cars he's bought. And why bother looking at the website if only a mug would buy one? As in so many threads here, the sheer petty mindedness and envy towards any one seen as doing better strikes again. The OP asked a simple question. I gave him an answer. What's your problem?

It is more like 400,000THB pcm I withdraw. Nor was I bragging, merely highlighting how the new ATM fees affect me.

I have two vehicles in Thailand at the moment, neither of them imports. Both cost about 20,000thb per month as discussed before.

My point is why pay 2-300% more than a vehicle is really worth because of high taxes and gouging dealers? Hardly strange to point that out.

Makes no sense I say, doesn't matter how well off one may be.

Edited by Oberkommando

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

From their website...

Sorry.

I had money once. Yes, really. But I never got into the fancy car thing. Could have driven a Porsche, but instead drove a '97 Citroen Xantia. People laughed at it, which was a bit of fun really.

They just seem such a bonkers waste of money, when money takes such effort to earn/make. Add to that in Thailand the 260% or whatever import tax, then the VAT 35% on a passenger car. Doesn't make sense to me.

But each to their own.

(no one found my, 'what you can put in the back of a pickup spoof funny . . . . :D )

Edited by MJP

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

From their website...

Oberkommando,

I can't believe, however rich any chap might be, why they'd spend money like this on a motor in Thailand either.

Pick-ups are the best value and you can get gardening stuff in the back, concrete blocks, bags of cement and the wife's Granny . . . . all at the same time!

The pickups have engines of a sub-economic car made for soccer moms back in western countries.

0-60 in 5mins 30secs, takes 1 hour to get to 40km/h at a redlight turning green.

rather walk than drive a thai pickup

Thai Ultimate Car Co.

From their website...

Oberkommando,

The pickups have engines of a sub-economic car made for soccer moms back in western countries.

0-60 in 5mins 30secs, takes 1 hour to get to 40km/h at a redlight turning green.

rather walk than drive a thai pickup

They're really not that bad. The Euro 2 engined ones go super.

Good pull around town and once up to speed (okay, does take while) sit nicely at 90-100 kph. It cost me about 1000 Baht to do 630 kms today. Used Shell V-Power diesel.

In the end, a guy earning $200,000 a year and spending it all on a car is still much better off than a guy earning $30,000 a year and spending it all on a lesser car. The guy earning $30,000 may struggle to understand why the other will spend so much, simply because it will take him 7 years to earn the same amount, but the personal cost in time is the same. Once you have a house or two, holiday home, more money put away than you can ever sensibly spend, and a well paying job that you enjoy, what's the point of accumulating more money? I'm always suspicious of people who say "I could have bought a <name any expensive car>, but can't see the point of spending that much money". If you really could have afforded it, and really wanted it, then surely that is the point? You wouldn't need to think twice about buying it. I wouldn't buy a sports car here, it's not really practical, but a luxury SUV is something you can use, and feel good about, every day. While I can see the real need for pickup trucks, and in fact also have two of them, they are simply not safe to transport more than two people for any distance. I don't like saloon cars, preferring to sit "above it all". A Fortuner, or similar, would probably do, but again, I'd save money by buying one, and that saved money would just go in with the rest. I'm not a snob. I don't choose my car by what I think other people will think about it and me. I choose what I like, and what I can afford. I don't believe in an after life, or reincarnation. This life is the only one you'll have, better make it as enjoyable and comfortable as you can. If I had to define a mug in car buying terms, it would be either someone who spends more money than he can afford to on a car, or who spends less money than he could afford, on a lesser car. But then again, I fail to see what business it is of anyone as to how much someone else spends on a car.

In the end, a guy earning $200,000 a year and spending it all on a car is still much better off than a guy earning $30,000 a year and spending it all on a lesser car. The guy earning $30,000 may struggle to understand why the other will spend so much, simply because it will take him 7 years to earn the same amount, but the personal cost in time is the same. Once you have a house or two, holiday home, more money put away than you can ever sensibly spend, and a well paying job that you enjoy, what's the point of accumulating more money? I'm always suspicious of people who say "I could have bought a <name any expensive car>, but can't see the point of spending that much money". If you really could have afforded it, and really wanted it, then surely that is the point? You wouldn't need to think twice about buying it. I wouldn't buy a sports car here, it's not really practical, but a luxury SUV is something you can use, and feel good about, every day. While I can see the real need for pickup trucks, and in fact also have two of them, they are simply not safe to transport more than two people for any distance. I don't like saloon cars, preferring to sit "above it all". A Fortuner, or similar, would probably do, but again, I'd save money by buying one, and that saved money would just go in with the rest. I'm not a snob. I don't choose my car by what I think other people will think about it and me. I choose what I like, and what I can afford. I don't believe in an after life, or reincarnation. This life is the only one you'll have, better make it as enjoyable and comfortable as you can. If I had to define a mug in car buying terms, it would be either someone who spends more money than he can afford to on a car, or who spends less money than he could afford, on a lesser car. But then again, I fail to see what business it is of anyone as to how much someone else spends on a car.

Just a mild interest in what motivates people I guess. I guess I'm looking for motivation at the moment, just seem to be a bit lost . . .

When I 24, I had this big Audi thing an A6 I think it was called. A real b1tch to park, it was quite long. Had loads of these sorts of motors, all company cars. Having had them I just couldn't see the point in doing all that cash on them.

Mind you, they depreciate less in Thailand I think. In the UK, as soon as it's off the forecourt it's down like 10-20%.