New Sunderland Manager

coxhoedave

After Ricky Sbragia's exit from the Stadium of Light Anyone have any thoughts on who'll be next for the hotseat. Steve Bruce is favourite followed by Gordon Strachan and Alan Curbishly.

After the buyout of the club by the HUMUNGOUSLY wealthy Ellis Short, any new manager could expect to be backed big time in the transfer market.

Rather worryingly Garath Southgates name also appears in the betting. :)

After Ricky Sbragia's exit from the Stadium of Light Anyone have any thoughts on who'll be next for the hotseat. Steve Bruce is favourite followed by Gordon Strachan and Alan Curbishly.

After the buyout of the club by the HUMUNGOUSLY wealthy Ellis Short, any new manager could expect to be backed big time in the transfer market.

Rather worryingly Garath Southgates name also appears in the betting. :)

Well take your pick.There is not much loyalty amongst some managers to clubs they are currently with its not only players. Steve Bruce has done a great job with Wigan and it must be frustrating for him to watch his best players being taken time and time again. More funds could really attract him and Im sure he would do a god job ,given time.which is aluxury these days

i love that at times like this managers like frank rijkaard, martin jol and slaven bilic are linked. sunderland would be better off going for either someone like steve mclaren or an old boy who has been about a bit like a roy hodgson.

i love that at times like this managers like frank rijkaard, martin jol and slaven bilic are linked. sunderland would be better off going for either someone like steve mclaren or an old boy who has been about a bit like a roy hodgson.

I agree, Roy Hodgson would be brilliant

I quite fancy spending half of any transfer kitty available on compensation getting a certain David Moyes to Sunderland. Not going to happen, but that's the kind of manager you need to take an 'average' side up the league. Hodgson has worked wonders at Fulham too, especially considering his disappointing spell with Blackburn in the past.

Knowing our luck we will end up with that ginger muppet Gordon Strachan from Celtic!

Edited by Sunderland

I quite fancy spending half of any transfer kitty available on compensation getting a certain David Moyes to Sunderland. Not going to happen, but that's the kind of manager you need to take an 'average' side up the league. Hodgson has worked wonders at Fulham too, especially considering his disappointing spell with Blackburn in the past.

Knowing our luck we will end up with that ginger muppet Gordon Strachan from Celtic!

2 managers who had no experience managing nearly relegated you,and lucky that the other clubs lost their last 2 games,because you looked very very poor and no balls in the entire squad.You still have a problem because what type of manager are you going to employ now,a man who knows many of the top players due to your inheritance of ahuge lolly,or a manager who can kick the shiiiiiiit out and get a team who will fight.

strachan is an established 'EPL' manager. did fine jobs with coventry and southampton.

besides which isn't bruce a newcastle fan?

Exactly.

Thats why Bruce wont go.

Which is why I'm surprised the bookies were making him favourite :D

A lot of talk linking Strachan with the job.

I guess they deserve each other :)

I still think it will be a foreign manager.

Oh wait a minute, that could still be Strachan :D

strachan is an established 'EPL' manager. did fine jobs with coventry and southampton.

Ok, a bit before my time stevie :)

My point is - whether correct or not, Bruce continues to recieve much acclaim for his job at Wigan, and I don't disagree.

Alot of people would like to see what he could do at a much bigger club with bigger finances.

I don't know what him being a Castle fan has to do with anything.

Your lack of football knowledge is showing again James :)

My point is - whether correct or not, Bruce continues to recieve much acclaim for his job at Wigan, and I don't disagree.

Alot of people would like to see what he could do at a much bigger club with bigger finances.

it has everything to do with it james.

You are telling me that Bruce (Castle fan), if given the opportunity to manage a much wealthier Black Cat side wouldn't do it because of the colour of their stripes.

Castle fans will hope he doesn't take the job.

He was at Southampton about 6 yrs ago.

Been a football fan for what? 5 years? :D :D :D

You are telling me that Bruce (Castle fan), if given the opportunity to manage a much wealthier Black Cat side wouldn't do it because of the colour of their stripes.

Castle fans will hope he doesn't take the job.

bruce's own family would stop talking to him. there is still such a thing as tribalism in english football james, not all is 'banter'.

Without stirring the pot :D , and without insulting James, this backs up your arguement of differentiating between a football supporter who attends matches and shouts from the terraces, being in the midst of football rivalry, and someone who calls themselves a fan, but has never experienced the experience of being a supporter.

They just dont get it.

Without stirring the pot :D , and without insulting James, this backs up your arguement of differentiating between a football supporter who attends matches and shouts from the terraces, being in the midst of football rivalry, and someone who calls themselves a fan, but has never experienced the experience of being a supporter.

They just dont get it.

Hey JD - go crawl back under that City hole you came from and return when you have something constructive to say. I appreciate the fact that life as a Shitty supporter must be difficult, and hence the constant negativity in your writings, but really, give it up mate. :D

Back to Mr. Celtic, his resignation obviously does stir the pot and no doubt this, in combination with Mangerless Sunderland in the wind, it adds up. I just think they will go for someone who can attract bigger names than a Nokomura -we will find out soon enough.

They just dont get it.

Hey JD - go crawl back under that City hole you came from and return when you have something constructive to say. I appreciate the fact that life as a Shitty supporter must be difficult, and hence the constant negativity in your writings, but really, give it up mate. :D

Back to Mr. Celtic, his resignation obviously does stir the pot and no doubt this, in combination with Mangerless Sunderland in the wind, it adds up. I just think they will go for someone who can attract bigger names than a Nokomura -we will find out soon enough.

Being a bit defensive James :D

I am just stating facts.You may not like it, but being a non-English, non attendee of football matches, you dont get 'IT'

Hence the reason for making the naive statement about Bruce.

By the way dont start getting insulting :D

Being a bit defensive James :D

I am just stating facts.You may not like it, but being a non-English, non attendee of football matches, you dont get 'IT'

Hence the reason for making the naive statement about Bruce.

By the way dont start getting insulting :D

Let's not go down that road mate. 7.4 billion people around the world aren't English either. Forgive me that I don't know what colour underwear Brucey wears to bed at night either. :)

FYI, you cast the first stone. Sorry if you don't like the fact that I will stand up for myself. You would think by now you would know this. sigh.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bruce go to Newcastle and Strachan end up at Sunderland. Funny world football at this time of the year. No one knows what "The Geordie Messiah :) " is going to do, but he'd probably be better off on TV, which really isn't saying much.

As for would Bruce go to Sunderland? Possible, but he's going to be PNG with his family and friends. That will have huge significance on the decision. For me Strachan.

Danger, danger..

If the reported Transfer Kitty is correct, getting a Manager in who isn't used to one such as Bruce, Strachan is dangerous as they tend to be like Kids in a Candy Shop..

Like Curbishley for us, of course he made some decent Signings, but he also bought Boa Morte for 5m, Dyer for 6m, Faubert for 6m, Davenport for 4m & Nigel Quashie for 2.5m..

That's nearly 25m on complete & utter dross..

Just be mindful, that's all..

Danger, danger..

If the reported Transfer Kitty is correct, getting a Manager in who isn't used to one such as Bruce, Strachan is dangerous as they tend to be like Kids in a Candy Shop..

Like Curbishley for us, of course he made some decent Signings, but he also bought Boa Morte for 5m, Dyer for 6m, Faubert for 6m, Davenport for 4m & Nigel Quashie for 2.5m..

That's nearly 25m on complete & utter dross..

Just be mindful, that's all..

Quashie a name that reverbs success (at least for the Wolves this year). :)