Fee Free Atms In Jomtien (or Pattaya)

martin.agren

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40,000 Baht in one transaction which is equal to GBP 730

But remember that the issuing bank may well have a lower daily limit, for example Nationwide will only allow 300 pounds per day.

I was thinking about the capacity to dispense a certain number of banknotes.

My bank automatically gives me a 500 GBP limit per day, but if you sign an indemnity form you can increase this to any decided value in a day. Midnight to midnight.

But, there must be a limit to how many actual notes can be ejaculated from an ATM in one transaction: 40 banknotes is a surprise to me.

40,000 Baht in one transaction which is equal to GBP 730

But remember that the issuing bank may well have a lower daily limit, for example Nationwide will only allow 300 pounds per day.

I was thinking about the capacity to dispense a certain number of banknotes.

My bank automatically gives me a 500 GBP limit per day, but if you sign an indemnity form you can increase this to any decided value in a day. Midnight to midnight.

But, there must be a limit to how many actual notes can be ejaculated from an ATM in one transaction: 40 banknotes is a surprise to me.

obviously withdrawal levels will be dependant on your banks rules

my HSBC UK is £300 a day, around 16,000 currently and charges £5 for the ''privalege''

my Singapore bank allows up to SG$2000 a day which is around 46,000 baht and only charges SG$5 each time

so the AEON is perfect for me when withdrawing from Sing Bank

as far as i am aware:

the other banks ATM output levels are 20 notes

except Bangkok Bank 25 notes and UOB 30 notes

Just got back from a couple of weeks over there and I was using the ATM at the Ayudha branch on Naklua Road. Just checked my account and there were no charges.

I used a Nationwide Visa card but it had a max of B10,000 a day and I couldn't get any receipts.

Just got back from a couple of weeks over there and I was using the ATM at the Ayudha branch on Naklua Road. Just checked my account and there were no charges.

I used a Nationwide Visa card but it had a max of B10,000 a day and I couldn't get any receipts.

No I never get receipts either - But still free for me always with Barclays Connect Card (UK)

Just got back from the Ayudhya ATM opposite Foodland - Still no 150 bt charge. (Sept 7th).

Hey PG, good luck for you :D

I used to use the Bank of Ayudhya ATM on Soi Khao Ta Lo, but the last time I was there I got the B150 fee warning screen. I use a USA Visa ATM card.

Hope your luck holds out!

There is a GSB ATM on Second Rd, opposite (sort of) Soi 13/2. I've seen the Aeon ATM at Tesco South, but I've not used it-yet :D

The GSB did not work for me.

I am thinking the Charge has something to do with the Bank Cards we are using.

Because it is charging some people but not others !!! Wierd. (but still happy) :)

Na, Bank of Ayudha only likes Brits. I'm filing a complaint :D

(But I'm happy SOME people are getting their withdrawls fee free :D )

Just got back from the Ayudhya ATM opposite Foodland - Still no 150 bt charge. (Sept 7th).

Hey PG, good luck for you :D

I used to use the Bank of Ayudhya ATM on Soi Khao Ta Lo, but the last time I was there I got the B150 fee warning screen. I use a USA Visa ATM card.

Hope your luck holds out!

There is a GSB ATM on Second Rd, opposite (sort of) Soi 13/2. I've seen the Aeon ATM at Tesco South, but I've not used it-yet :D

The GSB did not work for me.

I am thinking the Charge has something to do with the Bank Cards we are using.

Because it is charging some people but not others !!! Wierd. (but still happy) :)

Na, Bank of Ayudha only likes Brits. I'm filing a complaint :D

(But I'm happy SOME people are getting their withdrawls fee free :D )

no, i think that ATM just adores Pattaya Girl, i am Brit too and it tried to charge me!

Some one on here wanted to know about success stories doing over the counter cash withdrawal

using an ATM card.

On the 12th september I went into the Tuk Com branch of Siam Comercial Bank

and asked if I could "swipe" my card ( yes ) and if there would be any charges ( no )

so I ask for 80,000 baht the teller takes my card ( Nationwide Visa Debit ) and passport.

I sign 2 bits of paper.... 5 minutes later I'm holding the cash.

On arriving home I check my bank account online to find the transaction has not been processed yet.

I check online again today and see.

15-Sep.-09 Cash SCB.Tukcom Pattaya Sub BR CHONBURI TH 80,000.00THB at 55.775. £ 1434.31

so it took 4 days ( 2 weekend days ) for the transaction to go through...in the meantime the exchange rate worsened a bit

12-Sep.-09 Cash Bay/Com Building Pattaya CHOLBURI TH 1,000.00THB at 55.991. £17.86

We can see from these 2 transactions that,

1. doing a "cash advance" as SCB calls it incurs no charge from them,

the 0.85% Visa charge is passed on as usuall by Nationwide though. :D

2. Ayudthaya ATM's are still fee free for someone other than pattaya_girl :D

3. The pound is sliding again :D:)

• 2 weeks later...

From October 1, 2009 GSB ATMs are no longer fee-free and also charge 150 baht. The ATM just outside the GSB branch at Central Festival (4th floor) does that. The other GSB ATMs (2nd road, Tukcom, 3rd road) seem to be in the process of being `upgraded' to charge the 150b fee and until this is complete they do not process withdrawals with an international ATM card.

I've been trying to access my regular GSB ATMs in Bangkok for the past three days using my normal U.S. debit card that always worked fine before. This week, suddenly, their machines will accept my PIN and bring up the transactions screen. But once I enter any withdrawal amount, even a tiny one, the transaction is canceled without explanation and the machine spits out my card. And no... there's no problem with my card or account. Something is going on with the GSB ATMs.

jfchandler: see my post above. The GSB ATMs are being `upraded' to charge the 150b fee. ATMs which have not yet been `upgraded' will not process withdrawls with international cards (they'll eject the card after the screen showing `Processing Transaction' or something like that).

Mike, I saw your post, and others in a similar area in the main ATM fees thread here on TV...

But now, it's been about 5 days here in BKK that all of the GSB ATMs have been inaccessible. In the main ATM fees thread, TV member Vagabond from Chiang Mai has reported being able to use a GSB ATM there and getting charged the 150 baht fee in the past week.

It seems strange, that GSB would have their ATMS, to use your term, "Upgraded", in CM for the past 4-5 days but all of them in Bangkok seemingly still being off-limits for foreign cards. GSB is, after, headquartered in BKK. Usually such things start here, and then work their way out to places upcountry.

So I can honestly say, I haven't yet been charged a 150 baht fee by GSB... I can also say, I haven't been able to access any of their ATMs for the past week, and I've tried quite a few different ones here in BKK.

Mike, where are you getting the Oct. 1 date from??? I haven't seen any notices posted on any GSB ATMs here in BKK referencing any change or newly instituted fee. I don't doubt GSB is doing it. But I'm curious from where you got that date reference?

From October 1, 2009 GSB ATMs are no longer fee-free and also charge 150 baht.

No fees at AEON ATM's with a Master Credit Card(Golden) and a correct exchange rateThb/Euro.

the AEON atm in Carrefour near the notice board has finally re-opened.....good news

bad news is that unlike the big AEON atm's at Homeworks south and Tesco North which serve 40 notes at a time, this one only serves 20 notes at a time, its still 150 fee free though

jfchandler: the staff at a GSB branch told me that starting October 1 GSB ATMs will start charging the 150b fee (I asked about the fees in-person while at the branch). I haven't seen that posted/advertised as well.

I've now used the GSB ATM at Tukcom, Pattaya and was charged 150b. When I've used the same ATM in late Sep. (about two weeks ago) I was not charged the 150b fee.

the AEON atm in Carrefour near the notice board has finally re-opened.....good news

bad news is that unlike the big AEON atm's at Homeworks south and Tesco North which serve 40 notes at a time, this one only serves 20 notes at a time, its still 150 fee free though

Do you mean Carrefour on Pattaya Klang? Is the AEON ATM in the big row of ATM's next to the Supermarket?

Where is the 'notice board'?

Thanks.

Today I went to Tuk Com and tried the GSB ATM, it said I would be charged 150 baht :) so I cancelled and used the Ayudthaya ATM 2 steps to the right.... which is still fee free. :D

Its very good to hear that the AEON ATM in carrefour is now at long last working again.

• 1 month later...
No fees at AEON ATM's with a Master Credit Card(Golden) and a correct exchange rateThb/Euro.

AEON at Carrefour served me up 30K last week (Nov 09). I will try for 40K next time.

On 2 different days, I tried to use a bank card from the States at AEON atm near Big C in South Pattaya. Each time the response was that the card could not be processed, please contact bank. I never got the money, but my account was debited the amount. (Each time I then used Bangkok Bank with no problem). What a mess to try and save 150 baht! I had to contact my bank in the states to take care of the problem. Aeon Bank of Thailand was of no use in helping me.

Edited by painai2

any one else check AEON in homeworks next to Big C south pattaya,

to ensure its working ok with no fees,

and still working fine other than the previous messenger.

regards

have been to Aeon at Homeworks this morning

i relieved it of 16,000 with HSBC (£300 limit) and 40,000 with DBS Singapore ($SG2000 a day limit)

its working as per usual with no fees

AEON at Carrefour served me up 30K last week (Nov 09). I will try for 40K next time.

thats good news Tropo

they must have lifted the limit

if you get 40,000 please let us know

it will save me going to Homeworks