Singapore Bank Savings Account

I plan on visiting Singapore on my first 90 day visa trip and would like to open a Singapore dollar savings account to park about $50-100,000.

Which bank,UOB or HSBC,is best with interest rates,foreigner customer service,

safety,and internet access?

Can I just wire the US dollars in from my US bank when I apply and they convert into Sing dollars and will they get it right away or will I have to stay a few days until the funds clear?

I plan on visiting Singapore on my first 90 day visa trip and would like to open a Singapore dollar savings account to park about $50-100,000.

Can I just wire the US dollars in from my US bank when I apply and they convert into Sing dollars and will they get it right away or will I have to stay a few days until the funds clear?

Use HSBC, it's the best for internet based access, not sure how you can set up an account without a local address though....

Use HSBC, it's the best for internet based access, not sure how you can set up an account without a local address though....

I will be living at the Boss Tower and will have a Mailboxes Etc mailbox.I will try to use the mailbox as my addy as I don't plan to live too long at Boss.Will go with HSBC.

ANZ Bank Singapore will open foreign currency accounts for foreigners, they also have their representatives travel to Bangkok once a month or so to open accounts. Contact Mr. Goh ([email protected])

Sunny

Great info, thanks. It has been a few years but I opened US dollar account in Singapore by calling and requesting application. Bangkok office of this bank verified my identity and forwarded filled up documents to the mail office. No trip neccesary.