• Black Swan
    • Penalty Spot
    • Toxic
    • Bulls Head
    • Slim (RCA)
    • Molly Malones
    • The Rock Club

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok all, June is fast approaching so time for another get together.

Unlike past events, this time let's get some opinions from a few members on places to have it - bearing in mind the demographics of our members - young to old, good looking and not, dumb and smart. I qualify for 3 of those, up to you to decide which best describes you.

With this information in hand, fire away with your suggestions. For ease of the majority, I recommend the venue be in the CBD area of Bangkok - close to public transport. Timing of event to be say 7:30 pm onwards.

For a date, how about June 19?

Edited by sbk
poll added

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok all, June is fast approaching so time for another get together.

Unlike past events, this time let's get some opinions from a few members on places to have it - bearing in mind the demographics of our members - young to old, good looking and not, dumb and smart. I qualify for 3 of those, up to you to decide which best describes you.

With this information in hand, fire away with your suggestions. For ease of the majority, I recommend the venue be in the CBD area of Bangkok - close to public transport. Timing of event to be say 7:30 pm onwards.

For a date, how about June 19?

Unfortunately I cannot attend as I live in Samui however may I respectfully suggest the Black Swan on Sukhumvit, underneath Asoke BTS exit (opposite side to MRT).

Has both an upstairs area and the main bar downstairs, good size, great food and run by a very genial Yorskshire owner (Dave) and his lovely Thai wife!

Try this for contact details: http://www.blackswanbkk.com/contact_us.html

And this for map/directions: http://maps.google.co.th/maps?hl=en&um...772077032731679

Say hello from me!

haha jamie - bet u r heading to Angel's Witch afterward LOL :)

I would join somewhere that don't have chipmunk singers like the one in Landmark hotel.

Angel Witch - you have me confused with a sound man.

As for your second point, any suggestions now that you are legal?

me me me cake piss up at Novotel Lotus on suk after noon! lol

Thithi, that's not gonna happen I am afraid, but, I could probably arrange for you to jump out of a cake during our P-Up for all members to delight in.

Who knows, might improve participation numbers. With you on the menu, no doubt some people would come twice. (bad boy Jamesy)

Back on topic, I liked that place on 22 a few Piss-ups ago, I think we should aim for something along that style?

if its before 15 june,i am on....

got to fly hk on 16th

And I fly out on the 15th for 10 days.

How about this then, if we change it to the 12th, you will show up then? I don't mind be flexible but I do mind wasting my time dam_n it :)

TV Bangkok Un-Authorised Piss-Up # 3 - Risky Business

June 12th, 2009

Time 7:30 onwards

Venue: TBC

The way things are on this project in India I'm not likely to make it either :)

But on the subject of venue, the Crossbar is worth a look. Reasonable size, convenient for BTS, MRT and with local parking (for those of us who have to travel). Also close to Soi C. for those who require afters :D

The way things are on this project in India I'm not likely to make it either :D

But on the subject of venue, the Crossbar is worth a look. Reasonable size, convenient for BTS, MRT and with local parking (for those of us who have to travel). Also close to Soi C. for those who require afters :D

No doubt Mr Toad and Sound Man will vote for this option because of two or three of the points listed. :)

Thus far I have recommendations for Pub Style places including:

Black Swan

The Cross Bar

Penalty Spot

Any others to the list? Nightclubs, lounges, restaurants?

Guessing once we get say 10 options, we can poll it to find a majority concensus.

I don't know enough about any places to make a suggestion.  But it would be nice if it was a place where we could actually talk to each other without shouting directly into each other's ears.

**** it has come to my attention that during the last P-Up at the Huntsmen that a few of the members were unhappy about the thinness of females in the group. No, I don't mean their weights - just their quantities.

So a request if I may.

Feel free to bring along a guest of feminine ilk. Preferably a good looking one. You know the type...the kind that we can all wink at when you are not looking.

Perhaps a few of TV's Mrs MODus maximus' can join us. Afterall, what's better than getting yelled at in person by your favorite Red or Blue coloured member.

The way things are on this project in India I'm not likely to make it either :)

with a name like Crossy and suggestion CROSSBOW it not a tie up is it?

I won't be able to make it since I am working in Baku in June but will check out what Crossbow has to offer.

Where in Prathum Thani are you!!! I am in Khlong Sam

nop nop no more chipmunks' band. My ears hurt the next day

don't sit next to the speaker next time.

reminds me of the guy with the broken finger when asked "Does it hurt?" He replied, "only when I point"

Updated:

Friday June 12

Thus far I have recommendations for the following places:

Black Swan

The Cross Bar

Penalty Spot

Toxic

Guessing once we get say 10 options, we can poll it to find a majority concensus.

I don't know enough about any places to make a suggestion. But it would be nice if it was a place where we could actually talk to each other without shouting directly into each other's ears.

Crossbar for me , has draught beer , Tiger , Heineken , Guinness and Chang , Shot drinks priced as other bars , and lower that some ,

Large bar ,, Brian the owner can reserve tables for you and lay on some snacks if you need , ( dont tell him i said that though )

5 min walk from Asoke BTS

Website thecrossbarbangkok.com for location map etc,,

Would think that most BM would enjoy the Crossbar ,,

Thus far I have recommendations for Pub Style places including:

Black Swan

The Cross Bar

Penalty Spot

The Bull's Head, a short walk from Phrom Phong BTS in Soi 33/1

The Bull's Head, a short walk from Phrom Phong BTS in Soi 33/1

and IIRC it has an upstairs that can be booked as a whole to keep the good guys separated from the rabble (Lighthouse Club use it).