Strange Pricing

Heineken....pack of 6 x 330ml cans.....183 baht.....30 baht a can.

...pack of 24 x 330 ml cans 836 baht.....35 baht a can.??????????

Branston Pickle Slim bottle 320 ml.....245 baht ?????????

Fat bottle 360 ml......210 baht

Amazing Thailand.

I also noticed that Thai KU beef 39 day aged fillet steak was more expensive than inported Australian and New Zealand .

Edited by gennisis

I notice this type of pricing everytime I go shopping.

Coming from a place where buying bulk is ALWAYS cheaper, I'm amazed when it's less expensive to buy individual units rather than the industrial size.

I think the Thai pricing might be an attempt to prey on logical shoppers who knowit's cheaper to buy bulk -- and don't check.

The phenomenon applies to any range of products -- laundry soap, toothpaste, cheese slices, beer...

Even resin for my water filter: one 10K bag was 1,500 baht; 10 one kilo bags were 130 each.

I'll never understand it.

Edited by Texpat

Maybe its one of those ... you want big size, you rich, you can pay more, you must pay more. On a certain level, there is a kind of logic to it. The opposite of the "poverty tax" where really poor people must pay very inflated per unit prices, such as when ciggies are sold one at a time.

I also noticed that Thai KU beef 39 day aged fillet steak was more expensive than inported Australian and New Zealand .

Actually the KU beef is excellent and what I usually buy. The price for it varies depending on some variables but usually I found it cheaper then the Aus/NZ imports (at Rimping - CM). Also depends on the cut, Rib Eye, Sirloin, etc. so need to compare prices on same cuts.

One other thing and that is the xkGs get one free, but calculating it based on standard bags/items you are paying for the free part. :)

You can get this kind of pricing in Australia too. Logically it should be the largest size that is cheapest but very often the pack that is cheapest is the best selling size. so if that is the medium one it is cheaper per unit volume than the larger.

• 7 months later...
You can get this kind of pricing in Australia too. Logically it should be the largest size that is cheapest but very often the pack that is cheapest is the best selling size. so if that is the medium one it is cheaper per unit volume than the larger.

i agree!