You Can't Buy That Here

lampard10

A friend of mine arrived in BKK with a frozen leg of lamb from Aussie...he said he didn't know if you could get it here.While I couldn't believe what he had done, it did go down a treat. :D

How frozen was it when it was unpacked? :o

If that works OK, I might get my brother to bring over a couple of kilos of crayfish (the southern variety... not the WA type) when he visits next month. :D

A friend of mine arrived in BKK with a frozen leg of lamb from Aussie...he said he didn't know if you could get it here.While I couldn't believe what he had done, it did go down a treat. :D

How frozen was it when it was unpacked? :o

If that works OK, I might get my brother to bring over a couple of kilos of crayfish (the southern variety... not the WA type) when he visits next month. :D

Still frozen.Cargo bays in planes tend to be quite cool anyway. The Lamb was also well wrapped in about 4 million pieces of news paper :D

A number of years ago, I had the misfortune on the flight to sit next to a middle aged lady who was on her way here for a month's holiday.

Not only did she nearly make me sick by insisting I help her finish her duty free bottle of peach brandy, but she told me that she'd packed pots, pans and other cooking utensils as she didn't trust Thai food or the cooking methods. Strange lady. Don't know how she got it all through security.

A number of years ago, I  had the misfortune on the flight to sit next to a middle aged lady who was on her way here for a month's holiday.

Not only did she nearly make me sick by insisting I help her finish her duty free bottle of peach brandy, but she told me that she'd packed pots, pans and other cooking utensils as she didn't trust Thai food or the cooking methods. Strange lady. Don't know how she got it all through security.

Nevermind getting through security! I wanna know how she'd get through society! :o

Mad old bat!

Brought over a friend a bottle of plain dill pickles last time. He swore he couldn't find them at Villa or anywhere. I was too lazy to try and refute his claim.

For myself; cheeses, Mexican food from Gilbert's in Santa Monica, steaks from Texas, Claritin, socks (can't hang with what you get here), Nocona boots, those granola type snacks from Quaker Oats and other companies.

I'm sure I'll find even more eccentric things to bring back the longer I live here.

A few months ago I 'smuggled' the latest 'TOY' into LoS for my TGF who pleaded for me to bring her one from Blighty, cos she had never had the pleasure (if you see what I mean:)

She likeed it so much that, wait for it, - she actually broke it!!! (No, please don't ask me how....)

So I had to go back for a sturdier replacement on my next trip to London :o

I hope she doesn't get to like it more than the real thing :D

Clothes!!!

As my wife has 8 siblings, she´s the youngest, we always import clothes to Thailand for her relatives.Used stuff like shirts, suits, leather shoes, tops,t-shirts, trousers, jeans all in top condition and perhaps "made in thailand". But as they are brand names they just love it and it´s for free.And on the way back copies for sale to friends at unbeatable prices and they love it.A circle of brands hopping the globe.

sand03.JPG
Socks!

Whenever friends come over, I always ask them to bring socks for me. The 'freesize' socks over here cover a range from size 6 to 9 (U.K.).

Before anyone comments - no, i don't wear socks with flipflops and shorts.

That's gotta be a joke leg.........wweeeellll it just can't be for real :o

:o

I once brought 15 kilo of prime rib from Singapore into BKK. Had a reason though. It was for friend of mine who had a small guesthouse and was to be sold in his guesthouse. Got a free prime rib dinner for two out of it.

Also when I used to come to BKK from Copenhagen I usually brought a smoked Salmon for same guesthouse owner. He loved smoked Salmon.

:D