Cat Supplies In Cm

Popslice

Can anyone tell me where I can find a litter box for a cat, and some litter to put in it? I've seen plenty of cat food around, but no litter supplies, and our kitty needs an indoor bathroom.

Depends on where you are located. There is a pet supplies shop on the ground floor of the Airport Plaza parking building. They also have an outlet on the super highway, just south of Index Living Mall. The shop that I use, and like very much, is on Canal Road southbound just before the Night Safari turnoff.

/ Priceless

Can anyone tell me where I can find a litter box for a cat, and some litter to put in it? I've seen plenty of cat food around, but no litter supplies, and our kitty needs an indoor bathroom.

Also Carrefour, on the Superhighway, has both.

Also Carrefour, on the Superhighway, has both.

Agreed, Carrefour have the giant 20 litre pack of Catsan litter for just over 500 Baht (can't remember the exact price!), but it is the cheapest way I've found to keep the moggies happy.

Re food, have you tried Tesco/Lotus's own brand catfood - large tins for 26 Baht, and my lot just love it.

Makro and Ban Mha ka Meaw animal hospital on the Mahidol Rd have cat litter (big bags) as well.

Litter box I've seen only at Ran Raksat, as has been mentioned already (parkinglot Airport Plaza and along Superhighway between Carrefour and Makro)

Buying cat litter here is way too expensive. Good luck to you if you've got buckets of cash, but otherwise ask your cat if it would object to using sand. Ours seems to manage the challenge ... 25 baht a sack

the best litter trays I have seen are in plastic goods shops (for eg main old market close to Thapae road and the river), rather than in pet supply shops (their trays tend to be too small and our big cat likes to get in there and really toss it around)

Edited by chiangmaibruce

I used to buy litter boxes for my cats but soon decided that they weren't big enough. Too much litter got thrown out of the box every day. Instead, I buy large plastic clothing storage boxes... the ones that are about 16"-18" deep. I put the cover under the box to pick up anything that does manage to get over the sides, cut a U-shaped opening in the front so the cat doesn't have to jump so far to get in or out, and put a square of plastic drain matting under the U-cut to catch the litter that does occasionally stick to her paws when she jumps out. With just a few inches of kitty litter in the bottom, there are high walls on three sides and a half high wall in the front. These boxes tend to be cheaper than dedicated litter boxes and certainly work well!