Personal Stylist/shopper

Optimodo

In a couple of months I am planning to hire a personal stylist/shopper for myself to try and re-vamp my dress style and try escape from the classic t-shirt and jeans look at least some of the time. What I want to know is can anyone recommend any good companies that offer this service and that are experienced with western style dressing.

I have noticed that Siam Paragon offer this service but haven't investigated it yet as I am a little wary as I expect them to be a little more interested in dressing my wallet that me and with paragon being an expensive place they could easily pick out some expensive garments as they might be working on commission or anything. Has anyone got any experience with a paragon personal stylist/shopper?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Mate if you need to pay someone to tell you how to dress and greece your hair then you obviously have far more deeper issues. Unless you are famous you really do not need to do this, not everyone is looking at you 100% of the time slick :)

PS.Just read GQ, hel_l you do not even have to read just look at the pictures.

Edited by bravingbangkok

wow the first 2 post sound like 2 fat ugly guys with no money envious of someone that can afford to make himself look better and feel better...

quite sad.

What you should do is find yourself a thai girl wearing very nice clothes and asking her if she'd dress you for some $.

In a couple of months I am planning to hire a personal stylist/shopper for myself to try and re-vamp my dress style and try escape from the classic t-shirt and jeans look at least some of the time. What I want to know is can anyone recommend any good companies that offer this service and that are experienced with western style dressing.

I have noticed that Siam Paragon offer this service but haven't investigated it yet as I am a little wary as I expect them to be a little more interested in dressing my wallet that me and with paragon being an expensive place they could easily pick out some expensive garments as they might be working on commission or anything. Has anyone got any experience with a paragon personal stylist/shopper?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Dude just go to Central and enjoy the 1,000 members of staff in the mens clothing department who will only be too happy to follow you around and show you what they think suits you and is also this weeks special 3 for 2.

Please let me know when you are going so i can then go and walk around the department stress free for once and just stroll around without been badgered from underworked sales staff.

I like the idea of the other poster about getting a fit looking Hi-So to help you around the shops.

Please don't take a BG otherwise you'll end up dressed in sandals, oversized cargo shorts, open necked shirt and big gold buddha chain as this is what there customers wear they will think this is the dogs nuts for mens Western fashion.. :)

wow the first 2 post sound like 2 fat ugly guys with no money envious of someone that can afford to make himself look better and feel better...

quite sad.

What you should do is find yourself a thai girl wearing very nice clothes and asking her if she'd dress you for some $.

Yes it is also very sad to make assumptions about people just because they disagree with paying someone money to tell them how to dress.

I ask you this one question Greenwood, do you know me ? well then shut the f7uck up !

quite sad.

HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE PERFECTION,DONT NEED SOME ONE TO PICK MY CLOTHES,I HAVE A WARDROBE FULL FOR A 6FT/84 KILO GUY.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Gaysorn, emporium, and paragon have them, or you can hire a personal stylist, they are around. But if your worried about them pointing you to more expensive items maybe you shouldnt be using them in the first place. You realize that they dont work for free, yeah? Their salary is based upon comission and you are absolutley are expected to tip well... try 15-20% of what you have spent. If your not planning on spending more than 300k i wouldnt waste their time.....plenty of "boys" around to tell you what looks good on you

Edited by tb86

well, its not exactly a easy job to come by, all about connections, and how big your client list is, lifestyle consultants lots of affluent ladies with no need to work, looking for an excuse to do what they love

Well thanks for the replies gents i was aware of the price ticket attached to people accociated with a department store which is why i was looking for a more freelance or smaller scale company. Ovbiously this isnt a regularly covered topic but i do appriciate the advice.

In all honestly some people might be able to pickup a fashion mag and say yeah that will look good on me but for me its not that simple as i dont fit the standard 6ft /84 kilo wardrobe as was mentioned. My build is fine just i am much taller which makes shopping a nightmare in asia.

How old are you?

What kind of stature?

What type of movie/music are you into?

I could def send you my gf she'd happily spend as much time as you need for a wardrobe for 5-10k baht, she owns clothing shops and spends her days reading about fashion and designing + ton of shopping...