Need Status Hong Kong "o" (married) 1-yr Multi Visa

I need to do a Visa run for a new Non-"O" Married 1-Year Multi entry. I know I can get one in KL, but the wife wants a change.. KL is getting boring for her.

Last I heard, HK wasn't too friendly for one-year Multi "O" Visas.

Does anyone have any current info on this.

I just sent an Email to HK Thai Embassy, but I'm not too hopeful that I'll get any answer, or that if they do, that I'll get any useful info.

Any help will be appreciated.

CS

HK is certainly fine for single entry based on marriage - that's where I got mine. However, not sure on multi entry. When I went there I asked for multi but was persuaded that I actually needed a single entry and they were right. I'm not sure if they would issue a multi entry but a phone call follow up to your e-mail should verify.

I need to do a Visa run for a new Non-"O" Married 1-Year Multi entry. I know I can get one in KL, but the wife wants a change.. KL is getting boring for her.

I just sent an Email to HK Thai Embassy, but I'm not too hopeful that I'll get any answer, or that if they do, that I'll get any useful info.

CS

About a year ago I was in the same situation and sent the HK Thai Embassy an email. They replied (after about 2 weeks) that they can only do a single entry (60 or 90 day - I forget) visa. Specifically stated NO on Multi Entry Non -O. Not worth the time or money so I went back to the US as I had some other business to attend to. I will definitely think about KL or Penang the next time I need to renew.

Also note that when I have been in HK with the TG for other business, the locals treated her like $h\t. She looks much like the many Philippino maids that are there. While there, we were in a 5 Star hotel, etc - and even the hotel staff were not kind to her either.

Not Good all around for the TG in HK.

CS

About a year ago I was in the same situation and sent the HK Thai Embassy an email. They replied (after about 2 weeks) that they can only do a single entry (60 or 90 day - I forget) visa. Specifically stated NO on Multi Entry Non -O. Not worth the time or money so I went back to the US as I had some other business to attend to. I will definitely think about KL or Penang the next time I need to renew.

Also note that when I have been in HK with the TG for other business, the locals treated her like $h\t. She looks much like the many Philippino maids that are there. While there, we were in a 5 Star hotel, etc - and even the hotel staff were not kind to her either.

Not Good all around for the TG in HK.

Don't ever think the Thai Embassies, in general, are there to make you feel welcome.

Nor the Immigration police, nor any other Government Organisation.

And maybe the TG feels now how the Thai people, generally, treat the farang?

• 5 months later...

I got issued a multi-entry O at the HK embassy today.

However, I do have a previous multi-O from London in the same passport, a Hong Kong ID card, and Hong Kong work visa (all of which they wanted copies of...)

I get the feeling it's because I can show I'm not working in Thailand (by showing that I am working in Hong Kong), that they have no issues giving me the multi entry.

Quite expensive though - HK$1,320...

Yes I am sure living in Hong Kong helped sway that decision from the Consulate (there is no Embassy in Hong Kong). Believe it provides a reason for you wanting a visa rather than extension of stay inside Thailand which is normally what they expect for non immigrant O visa applicants. You are married to a Thai?

Why is There "ADVERTISING" in my OP????

I can accept that this site is advertising supported.. But it is not acceptable to stick them within the field of an actual post, as if I was responsible for putting it there!!!!!

I don't wear Branded apparel as I'm nor being paid to advertise anyones Brand name.. nor am I being paid to contribute content to this site... If you want to use ads, keep them OUT of my posts.. PLEASE !!!

Or give me a cut of the action!!!!

Thank you,

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer

I can accept that this site is advertising supported.. But it is not acceptable to stick them within the field of an actual post, as if I was responsible for putting it there!!!!!

I don't wear Branded apparel as I'm nor being paid to advertise anyones Brand name.. nor am I being paid to contribute content to this site... If you want to use ads, keep them OUT of my posts.. PLEASE !!!

Thank you,

CS

Have a look at this thread from yesterday:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Adsense-Ads-...ts-t310111.html

Thank you,

CS

Have a look at this thread from yesterday:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Adsense-Ads-...ts-t310111.html

If this was the US, I'd sue !!!!!

This is getting too intrusive.. and combined with a number of other things that are happening around here, makes participating "difficult".... to put it in a polite manner!

Too bad having an open discussion about these "Changes and Rules"... is against the Rules!!!!!

But please note my Sig below!

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer