New Townhouse Developments

Last time i was in Pattaya i saw a big sign somewhere mentioning new development townhouses for 600k baht.

Is a 600k new dev. townhouse any good? And what's the difference between a townhouse and a private house?

I've been googling for websites with new upcoming developments for sale but i can't find any. I'd appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction, from cheap to ultra luxury.

A townhouse generaly is a 2 story house,with very small land.Think you must mean the houses advertised on the east side,and i believe they have gone up in price.Very basic but for rent,much better than a condo due to more space.

A townhouse generaly is a 2 story house,with very small land.Think you must mean the houses advertised on the east side,and i believe they have gone up in price.Very basic but for rent,much better than a condo due to more space.

Yes i've seen the advertisement somewhere in east-Pattaya. Do you know the company name?

I'm back in Thailand next month so i'm definately going to have a look.

Edited by new2bangkok

Watch out for your money

Lets say land price for a townhouse is 200.000 baht. 400.000 baht left to build for. Minimum construction price is 10.000 baht/sqm. That would give you 40 sqm of townhouse. Could they be looking for deposits on offplan houses?

Watch out for your money

Lets say land price for a townhouse is 200.000 baht. 400.000 baht left to build for. Minimum construction price is 10.000 baht/sqm. That would give you 40 sqm of townhouse. Could they be looking for deposits on offplan houses?

You obviously dont know what a townhouse is....

Usually 4m wide x 12 or 16m deep, 2 floor, linked with neighbouring houses, space to drive your car in the front, sometimes called row houses. Usually very basic finish with Thai style kitchenette.

Construction prices are usually around 3000 bt/sqm, or less!

There are a number of these type developments around the east side of Pattaya ranging from 600K to 1.2Mil, some are really rather nice then there are others that are not so nice.

Drive around, a lot over soi siam country club, soi nern plabwan area.

As someone else said much more space than a condo, but unfortunately come under the same "ownership " rules as a house!

Edited by LennyW

There are a number of these type developments around the east side of Pattaya ranging from 600K to 1.2Mil, some are really rather nice then there are others that are not so nice.

I have not seen anything over there under a million. Was it recently when you saw them cheaper? Or perhaps they were already bought and the owner raised the price for resale?

I have not seen anything over there under a million. Was it recently when you saw them cheaper? Or perhaps they were already bought and the owner raised the price for resale?

There is one development currently on its second phase, about 150m from Wat Sutthawat, they were 790k but i think i noticed the other day they are now 820k? i will see next time i pass.

Not so long ago we looked at a development that was offering at 700k!!! we went there on the second day of the project kicking off and they were sold out!!!

There is another one by Ekmongkol behind the shophouses on Chaiyapruek 2, start from 900k, no signs, no advertising and guess what - sold out!!

There are quite a few on the go but nearly all the signs are in Thai, have a close look, you will rarely see these properties on websites or in realestate mags, you need to get out there and look!

The ones currently under development are mostly all under a million, like everything else here though they soon rise in price!

Edited by LennyW

You obviously dont know what a townhouse is....

Beeing the owner of 3 (three) townhouses, I think I know what it is. Since my parqette floors in one of them is 3.000 baht/sqm and the rooftiles are 1.200 baht sqm I guess the one you talk about are cheap.

Townhouses can be organised as Condos (farang freehold), if built more than 10 units in one "building". Like Boat Lagune, Phuket

Beeing the owner of 3 (three) townhouses, I think I know what it is. Since my parqette floors in one of them is 3.000 baht/sqm and the rooftiles are 1.200 baht sqm I guess the one you talk about are cheap.

Townhouses can be organised as Condos (farang freehold), if built more than 10 units in one "building". Like Boat Lagune, Phuket

Must be something totally different, do you have any pictures?

100s, but dont know how to post any. Not really smart with computers :)

post-81971-1243726513_thumb.jpg

100s, but dont know how to post any. Not really smart with computers :)

Do you have a link to that site?

Sold out years ago I think. Try google Boat Lagoon Marina, Phuket.

Edited by katabeachbum

Townhouses come in many different sizes and prices. These are 6 m wide at 20-30k/sqm. Design and qulity cost. Landprice 100k/sqm. Location cost. project sold out, but resale 7-9 mill pending on seview and decorations.

post-81971-1243732058_thumb.jpg

Edited by katabeachbum

www.phuketboatlagoon.com

www.phuketboatlagoon.com

I had a look at that site, cannot see anything resembling a townhouse, and definately no mention of being able to own them freehold as per condos - youv'e got me all confused now?????

The pictures of that ones in Hau Hin are definately not the same as the ones you get here for less than 1m!!!!

www.phuketboatlagoon.com

I had a look at that site, cannot see anything resembling a townhouse, and definately no mention of being able to own them freehold as per condos - youv'e got me all confused now?????

As I said the townhouse-condos are all sold, so not posted in site. Search resale with Phuket agents. 6-15 mill baht for small units.

The pictures of that ones in Hau Hin are definately not the same as the ones you get here for less than 1m!!!!

A bit different in design, quality and location perhaps? My only regret is only buying one of them. :)

Its so easy to own compared to a villa. Pool, gym, waterfalls, gardens all taken care of for 20.000 baht/year. Lock the front door, close the water main and leave.

Thankyou, thats about as clear as mud!! :)

Whats not clear Lenny?

I am trying to see what kind of "townhouse" you can own "farang freehold" show me please!

I v given you the project name and location. As I said 0849 this morning you have to look for resales in this project at Phuket agents to read about townhouse under the condominium act

There is one development currently on its second phase, about 150m from Wat Sutthawat, they were 790k but i think i noticed the other day they are now 820k? i will see next time i pass.

Not so long ago we looked at a development that was offering at 700k!!! we went there on the second day of the project kicking off and they were sold out!!!

There is another one by Ekmongkol behind the shophouses on Chaiyapruek 2, start from 900k, no signs, no advertising and guess what - sold out!!

There are quite a few on the go but nearly all the signs are in Thai, have a close look, you will rarely see these properties on websites or in realestate mags, you need to get out there and look!

The ones currently under development are mostly all under a million, like everything else here though they soon rise in price!

I can imagine they go FAST selling at that price. Wow.

I'll keep my eyes open, thanks.

we bought one of these houses and they are OK for the price can't remember exactly how much it was but the exchange rate was good and we now rent it out for two grand a year which is a pretty good return...we also got a free scooter lol...there were no problems dealing with the development company and we bought the place outright, very simple all done and dusted within a couple of days...I think it was about 860 000 thb for the final price....cheap as chips

we bought one of these houses and they are OK for the price can't remember exactly how much it was but the exchange rate was good and we now rent it out for two grand a year which is a pretty good return...we also got a free scooter lol...there were no problems dealing with the development company and we bought the place outright, very simple all done and dusted within a couple of days...I think it was about 860 000 thb for the final price....cheap as chips

Certainly you made a mistake when you said you get "two grand a year". If true, that would be a terrible return. Did you mean two grand a month?

Certainly you made a mistake when you said you get "two grand a year". If true, that would be a terrible return. Did you mean two grand a month?

I imagine £2k?

RAZZ