Work Permit & Visa Questions

OK, I've read through all the posts on here and I've also looked online about the 'rules' for Work Permits and Visa's and I'm confused as hel_l!

I have a Non-Imm B Multi Entry visa currently and I would like to start a business here (Limited Company) and obviously obtain a Work Permit.

Assuming that this is all done correctly, the company is set up and I have obtained my Work Permit, what then happens with regards to reporting every 90 days and visa extensions? Do I have to report every 90 days to keep the Work permit current AND leave every 90 days to keep my visa current? What other options (if any) are there?

Tats

You will not be able to extend your stay on a start up company so you will have to exit/enter every 90 days (on visa like you have now) for several years. Most labor offices now make work permit valid for a year at a time; but if yours is not then yes you must report each time to validate the work permit for the next visa stay.

If you were working for an established company with tax records there would be the extension of stay from Immigration possibility.

Edited by lopburi3

Correct as per Lopburi's post.

Every 90 days a border run (assuming you have a multiple entry visa). The last one being just before the 1 year validity of the visa runs out,, for a total of almost 15 months.

Each time just after returning go to the labor department to re-sync your WP.

Apparently they can give you a WP without this requirement (i.e. valid for 1 or 2 years in one go), but I haven't seen one like that yet. My latest renewal ( feb this year) the validity of the WP was exactly the same as my allowed in Thailand until date...