Moving From Bangkok To Surin - Need A Truck!

haroldc

At the end of June, we're moving house from Bangkok to Amphur Srikhoraphum in Surin. We need a 6-wheel truck with 2-3 men to move us (nothing heavier than a refrigerator). Does anyone know anyone in Surin who provides a reliable Thai-style (not expat executive style) moving service? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

If its Thai style then it will be in a pick up, not a 6wheeler.

I would think you are more likely to find someone in Bangkok than Surin though, so try in that forum room if you havent already.

HL :D

Also BKK-Surin would be a lot cheaper than having one come from Surin.

WHY? :) The truck has to go from BKK to Surin then return to BKK. If the truck came from Surin it would go to BKK then return to Surin. Same mileage either way and I would imagine getting somchai and his truck in Surin should be cheaper than a guy in BKK :D

At the end of June, we're moving house from Bangkok to Amphur Srikhoraphum in Surin. We need a 6-wheel truck with 2-3 men to move us (nothing heavier than a refrigerator). Does anyone know anyone in Surin who provides a reliable Thai-style (not expat executive style) moving service? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I know of guys with trucks but I am very careful with recommendations, especially after seeing last nights news involving a poor Surin Elephant injured in a truck accident.

Sorry, Roads/Rainy Season & Thai drivers spell disasters.

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your new home here in Surin.

Dave

[

Also BKK-Surin would be a lot cheaper than having one come from Surin.

WHY? :) The truck has to go from BKK to Surin then return to BKK.

A lot of the BKK taxi drivers come from this area, so as well as a fare they get to visit home,while waiting for the chance of a fare back Example: Taxi from BKK-Surin is normally around 3,500-4,000 ฿. Surin-BKK is between 5,500 and 6,000. It does work the other way round to Pattaya, but same principle. BKK-PAT 1,500 Pat-BKK 700

Last time I moved, May 1996, needed at least three truck loads over a week, all long bed 6-wheelers.

I asked the guys at the local motorcycle queue where I could find the "charter truck" guys, the "lot lap chang."

This wasn't all that far, just a couple hours from Sukumvit Soi 71, but given loading and unloading it was still a full day's run. For the labor, got three of the motorcycle guys at about baht 150 or so each.

For a Surin run, the truck would be about the same arrangement, get local guys for loading, and locals up at Surin for the unloading.

I did watch the entire process of three trips carefully and only had one item a bit bent out of shape.

Mac