Any Advice/opinions?

Jimothy

Hi Guys,

I am travelling to Thailand for the first time in November with a few friends and have some questions if someone would be kind enough to answer?

1. We are going in November, is this a good time to go? (I have learned through research that this is not the peak but the "shoulder" time of the season but would still like to know if it is an enjoyable time to visit)

2. We have found flights for £363 from Manchester, England. Is this a good price? If not where can i find cheaper? (its with Qatar Airlines which i know isnt the most well known or respected airlines but it is only 15 hours out of my life there and 17 back, so the standard of airline is not huge concern)

3. We will be there for a week and have every intention of living very well during our visit e.g. 5* hotels, good food, lots and lots of drink and party with locals and travellers alike. Is £1500 enough to live to an extremely comfortable lifestyle there for a 7 day period?

4. Women. Are they really as beautiful as i have saw and heard people report?

5. If we do travel to Bangkok and Pattaya, what would any one advise the time split be? e.g. 4 days bangkok 3 days Pattaya, 2 days Bangkok 5 days Pattaya?

Thank you very much for all advice any one would like to leave :)

1. Good time of year, rainy season has finished and it's not too hot.

2. I doubt that you could do much better than that for a flight. Qatar are pretty good. I've used them a few times.

3. You can spend as much or as little as you like within reason. Why waste money on 5 star hotels, you are probably only going to sleep there. Also, please be aware that the high end hotels will make an additional charge if you bring a "guest" back for the night. Don't think that because you have paid for a double room that they won't charge you again - they will.

4. In the eye of the beholder.

5. Many people love Bangkok, I hate the place. Think about what you want from your holiday and make your decision based on that.

Hi Guys,

I am travelling to Thailand for the first time in November with a few friends and have some questions if someone would be kind enough to answer?

1. We are going in November, is this a good time to go? (I have learned through research that this is not the peak but the "shoulder" time of the season but would still like to know if it is an enjoyable time to visit)

2. We have found flights for £363 from Manchester, England. Is this a good price? If not where can i find cheaper? (its with Qatar Airlines which i know isnt the most well known or respected airlines but it is only 15 hours out of my life there and 17 back, so the standard of airline is not huge concern)

3. We will be there for a week and have every intention of living very well during our visit e.g. 5* hotels, good food, lots and lots of drink and party with locals and travellers alike. Is £1500 enough to live to an extremely comfortable lifestyle there for a 7 day period?

5. If we do travel to Bangkok and Pattaya, what would any one advise the time split be? e.g. 4 days bangkok 3 days Pattaya, 2 days Bangkok 5 days Pattaya?

Thank you very much for all advice any one would like to leave :D

Anytime is a great time to visit Thailand.

Ok Price, but also check out Northwest, fares

No best plan on 2000

Yes they are beautiful, and can also be very dangerous(beware)STD, Ladyboys, etc

If you really want to see the real Thailand get away from Bangkok(the Big Mango) and Pattaya, however sounds like you are bit of a pretty girl tourist so 4 days in P :) attaya 3 in Bangkok

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all advice any one would like to leave :D

1. November, December and January are the cooler months. Not too hot during the day and actually feels cool at night.

2.Decent price... Can sometimes hit a sale for a little cheaper.

3. Plenty of money... No need to live in a 5*. you will only be there for a shower, to change clothes, and to restock the wallet from the safe. You can get clean, decent rooms for very reasonable prices.

You should also be aware that the prices for girls etc are negotiable. If you have someone who you know that lives here, ask them about what to pay. That not only saves you money, but keeps the prices down for those of us that live here all the time.

4. The women are very beautiful. Just be aware that they don't love you, they love your wallet. You will feel like a King. As stated earlier, watch out for STDs and use common sense. Treat the ladies with respect.

5. Bangkok is more expensive, crowded, dirty etc. than Pattaya. Anything you want in Bangkok you can find in Pattaya and in a better environment. Skip Bangkok and stay the entire time in Pattaya. If you want to see more of Thailand, try Pukhet (also expensive) or Chang Mi has a lot of great arts and crafts scenery etc.

Good luck and be safe.

november ok for travel, try eva air as its a direct flight and usually get a good price for not much more then you are paying, the money you have for a week is ok hard to say depends on how you are with your cash, sounds by your asking about the women and pattaya you are yet another sex tourist, as for pattaya dirty beaches, traffic problems, pattaya stinks garbgge strewn streets,unfriendly thais, full of rip off artists, if you like better places go to hua hin much better there, if all you want is the sex then pattaya is right for you

november ok for travel, try eva air as its a direct flight and usually get a good price for not much more then you are paying, the money you have for a week is ok hard to say depends on how you are with your cash, sounds by your asking about the women and pattaya you are yet another sex tourist, as for pattaya dirty beaches, traffic problems, pattaya stinks garbgge strewn streets,unfriendly thais, full of rip off artists, if you like better places go to hua hin much better there, if all you want is the sex then pattaya is right for you

Another Pattaya basher - take no notice. He's probably never been there and is jealous as he is stuck in Nakhon Nowhere with an ugly wife and a sick buffalo.

Most of your questions have been answered, I would just like to say that after having travelled back to the UK recently your flight sounds like excellent value (although I did book mine at the last minute which is the worst thing to do these days).

Flight price is excellent, you've done well.

(Brasso, nobody flies direct from Manchester).

Would suggest a couple of days (2 nights) in Bangkok, the rest in Pattaya. Lots of interesting stuff to see/do in the Krung Thep (City of Angels). PM me for sensible/interesting suggestions.

You will probably sleep most of the first 24 hrs if not used to long haul East bound flights.

A long way to go for just a week, pity you couldn't make it 2. (and you will probably wish you had).

For £1500 (I assume you mean over & above flight cost?) I would be looking to stay comfortably for 3 weeks.

5* hotels not really necessary in Thailand, you will get a very nice hotel for £40 a night & not have to pay a joiners fee which you probably will at the 5* joints.

You will also get somewhere very nice & clean & more than adequate for £20 a night.

Don't be tempted to be ringing the bell in bars (buy a drink for everybodyin the bar inc. staff) & generally acting like a 10 bob millionnaire, the girls will just laugh at you behind your back.

Don't believe stories about sick buffalo, dying Grandmas, etc. etc.

Have a great time, but don't forget to put your wellies on before you go out in the rain ;-)

Flight price is excellent, you've done well.

(Brasso, nobody flies direct from Manchester).

Would suggest a couple of days (2 nights) in Bangkok, the rest in Pattaya. Lots of interesting stuff to see/do in the Krung Thep (City of Angels). PM me for sensible/interesting suggestions.

You will probably sleep most of the first 24 hrs if not used to long haul East bound flights.

A long way to go for just a week, pity you couldn't make it 2. (and you will probably wish you had).

For £1500 (I assume you mean over & above flight cost?) I would be looking to stay comfortably for 3 weeks.

5* hotels not really necessary in Thailand, you will get a very nice hotel for £40 a night & not have to pay a joiners fee which you probably will at the 5* joints.

You will also get somewhere very nice & clean & more than adequate for £20 a night.

Don't be tempted to be ringing the bell in bars (buy a drink for everybodyin the bar inc. staff) & generally acting like a 10 bob millionnaire, the girls will just laugh at you behind your back.

Don't believe stories about sick buffalo, dying Grandmas, etc. etc.

Have a great time, but don't forget to put your wellies on before you go out in the rain ;-)

1) Nov. 15-Jan 15 is the only time the weather is decent (not hot as hel_l) in Thailand

2) No idea

3) Up to you

4) No....the bar girls in Pattaya are not the best-looking girls in Thailand (the beautiful ones never come to Pattaya.......but enough beers and they might look good........wear a condom)

5) Maybe most of the time in Pattaya if you are looking for the bar scene

Ignore Brasso. He is the well known Forum plonker.

I like Qantas. Flown with them a few times and that price seems pretty good.

If you have never been to Thailand before then how can you NOT spend some time in Bangers? MBK, Wat Po, the skytrain, the world class MRT, the mad traffic and the great shopping. Nana Plaza for the girls.

Another Pattaya basher - take no notice. He's probably never been there and is jealous as he is stuck in Nakhon Nowhere with an ugly wife and a sick buffalo.

It is commonly thought that eunuchs don't have much of a sex drive. :)

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all advice any one would like to leave :)

1. I like November, The end of the Rainy season, Loy Krathong on the 2nd November will be very interesting if you are in Thailand then.
  2. A good price, 15hrs only 3 more than if you fly direct, it will take you more than 3 hours to get to LHR for a direct flight.
  3. in Thailand 5* hotels are very affordable but if you are thinking of partying and entertaining guests, it may be wise to downgrade a bit to hotels that will be more tolerant.
  4. I find Asian especially. Thai lady's very attractive what is better they find me very attractive too.
  5. If apart from what we do not discus on this forum you are interested the Thai culture then you will find a few days in Bangkok of interest, from my experience of package tours on my first 2 trips to Thailand they always start of in Bangkok so by the time you have got over the jet lag and can enjoy sightseeing you are whisked off to your beach resort, so if you want to do Bangkok I would advise to do at the end of your trip.

As for talking about women, sorry this is not the forum I could answer you questions in detail without getting a ban.

I live in Pattaya full time and have visited Bangkok on several occasions. I would say that the planning for your trip depends on your trip goals, as many others have alluded to.

For tourism in terms of anthropology, reduce the time in Pattaya and take in the sights in Bangkok and Ayutthaya. Temples (both functional and derelict) abound in these areas, and while in Bangkok, you can take advantage of the subway and the skytrain, really excellent shopping, and etc. Be very aware, though, that the traffic on the surface streets in and around Bangkok is nightmarish - I've never seen the equal. Its bad enough in Pattaya, but Bangkok is terrible for traffic.

For tourism in terms of "Wow, this is just like spring break in college, only better," go to Pattaya. Buy condoms in bulk. Be careful crossing streets when drunk...or when sober for that matter. Keep one hand on your wallet and use common sense, as advised. Pattaya can be a really fun town, no matter what level of activity you want to get to.

My two cents worth...

Qed, i often wonder why guys like yourself do not like the truth, maybe is becuase when you wake up and look in the mirror you do not like what you see, as for pattaya been there full of guys like you, sad, lonely only way for girl is to pay, i realy pity guys like you, you keep pattaya as i have stated you all know what i think of the place, much better place in thailand, as for jimonhy call yourself a red blooded male if that what makes you feel better, most of us know what you are and why you are in pattaya

Qed, i often wonder why guys like yourself do not like the truth, maybe is becuase when you wake up and look in the mirror you do not like what you see, as for pattaya been there full of guys like you, sad, lonely only way for girl is to pay, i realy pity guys like you, you keep pattaya as i have stated you all know what i think of the place, much better place in thailand, as for jimonhy call yourself a red blooded male if that what makes you feel better, most of us know what you are and why you are in pattaya

you aren't better than anyone so, you should stop talking like you are. it's very unbecoming of such a high class farang!

For the most part, your questions have been answered. But, as for where to go, just as someone mentioned, think about what you want to actually see and experience in Thailand. If you are interested more in the culture of Thailand, I would say best to get out of Bangkok, and avoid Pattaya. If you just want a bragging story about how you were a 'handsum' man for a week, then do the typical and head for areas like Nana, Soi Cowboy, and Pattaya.

P.s. Brasso - Im not just a sex tourist but hey im a red blooded male lol

p.s. Just a note..If you go to a bar and barfine a girl for the exclusive purpose of having sex with her, then it does make you a sex-tourist. Dress it up any way that you want, but if thats what you intend to do, then a sex-tourist is exactly what you will be.

For the most part, your questions have been answered. But, as for where to go, just as someone mentioned, think about what you want to actually see and experience in Thailand. If you are interested more in the culture of Thailand, I would say best to get out of Bangkok, and avoid Pattaya. If you just want a bragging story about how you were a 'handsum' man for a week, then do the typical and head for areas like Nana, Soi Cowboy, and Pattaya.
P.s. Brasso - Im not just a sex tourist but hey im a red blooded male lol

p.s. Just a note..If you go to a bar and barfine a girl for the exclusive purpose of having sex with her, then it does make you a sex-tourist. Dress it up any way that you want, but if thats what you intend to do, then a sex-tourist is exactly what you will be.

So what?

The OP wanted some honest answers to honest questions about vacation planning. Why come across holier than thou? What's your problem? Oh, that's right... you don't get out much.

Ermm... Where to start, cheers to the guys who didnt judge my intentions straight off and gave opinions, it is much appreciated. Brasso, thanks for your comments aswell, I'm amazed at how well your judgement of a person is just off 5 questions, it truely is a gift. Eek i also thank you for your comments, I will be doing alot more then just having sex but if I want to, then I will. If this makes me a sex tourist then you are quite right in what you have said.

Just as a friendly advise to the OP..not sure what you want to do in daytime but if you want a beach, Pattaya is the worst place to go. Have a look at Koh Chang or other islands. Don't worry about the girls, they are EVERYWHERE!

Personal opinion based on my first trip to Thailand which was only a week with a mate, I would go straight to Pattaya and, after you have spent a day or two there, decide with your mates if you want to go look at the temples and 'cultural ' bits elsewhere We were gutted that we spent 3 days in bangkok to start with and then only had 3 nights in Pattaya.

There is plenty to do in Pattaya in one week for a group of 'red blooded blokes' both during the day and at night - though the comments on Pattaya beach are pretty accurate you can get a speedboat over to Koh Larn for 2000 baht which, especially since there is a group of you, isn't a great deal and the beaches there are excellent.

There are plenty of hotels available at varying prices depending on your pocket/requirements - I would suggest Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 or Sabai Resort on 2nd Road by Big C - you can google both but there are plenty of others and, should you want any other suggestions or want views on particular hotels I am sure you will get plenty of advice here. Most hotels up their prices for the high season from 1st Nov however, unless there is a significant change in tourist numbers by then, you should be able to negotiate a good deal especially if there are a few of you.

I disagree.

If you travel to Thailand to see the whole picture, the beautiful scenery, the beaches, the lovely people, the temples & culture, the food, etc. etc. and just happen to occasionally take a girl having met her by chance & not specifically sought her out, i do not see that that makes you a sex tourist.

However if you travel to there with the specific intention of seeking out paid for sexual liasons, then yes, you are indeed a sex tourist.

I think the important issue here is "intent."

"Intent"............I thought the OP wanted 5 star accomodation ?

Jeez, lighten up lads. Pattaya for a young man putting his foot in the Asian water will leave an impression one way or the other and is an experience everyone should try before they die.

Love it or loath it, let the man live and come and see for himself. Good advice given by all except for the excessive " label " brigade, who's opinion valid and perhaps asked for, always smacks of jealousy or thoughts from someone who really would love to be somebody else.

I have a fantastic home on the outskirts of patters. When in country, I rarely go downtown as it is way too much for me now; but boy did I enjoy finding that out.

Ermm... Where to start, cheers to the guys who didnt judge my intentions straight off and gave opinions, it is much appreciated. Brasso, thanks for your comments aswell, I'm amazed at how well your judgement of a person is just off 5 questions, it truely is a gift. Eek i also thank you for your comments, I will be doing alot more then just having sex but if I want to, then I will. If this makes me a sex tourist then you are quite right in what you have said.

eek is a fine person, but she is also a female farang. Certain attitudes come with the territory. :)