5 Year Dl Renewal

Lost in LOS

sorry if this has been covered before but i want to make sure i have exactly what i need

5 year DL renewal from 1 year temporary in Pattaya... current documents required

Check list for 5 year DL renewal Pattaya

2 copies passport signed

2 copies retirement visa signed

2 copies of re-entry stamp signed

passport, just in case

1 year temporary expired drivers license

1 copy of immigration approval letter

1 medical certificate

baht to pay

no photos needed

this is a safe than sorry and please, rather than negative comments, just ignore it if you dont like it

thanks to anyone with help and experience

sorry if this has been covered before but i want to make sure i have exactly what i need

5 year DL renewal from 1 year temporary in Pattaya... current documents required

Check list for 5 year DL renewal Pattaya

2 copies passport signed

2 copies retirement visa signed

2 copies of re-entry stamp signed

passport, just in case

1 year temporary expired drivers license

1 copy of immigration approval letter

1 medical certificate

baht to pay

no photos needed

this is a safe than sorry and please, rather than negative comments, just ignore it if you dont like it

thanks to anyone with help and experience

My License expires 02 June 2009 - so this morning (01 June 2009) I went there with all of the above mentioned items/paperwork/documents which they looked at and said "fine" but I must come back tomorrow on the actual date that the license expires due to their computer set up.

For whatever reason they wanted only one copy of each.

Looks ok, they need to see original passport and old licence so take with you. You need two copies of everything if you have two licences (car and bike). One copy if you renew only one licence (i.e. only car). Photo not needed as they take it there for the new licence.

brinkie, the reason you were rejected is actually thai law that says you must have licence for one year before they can give you 5 year validity. So you were one day short and did not qualify. I know, i know but this is thailand :) 5 year one you can renew before it expires.

went today, piece of cake. all my paperwork was in order. you have to stand in line at the front door to have paperwork checked, no sign saying this though. they give you a form [you can go to the front of the line to get one and fill it out in line, best way] and after confirming they have everything they give you a number. you go upstairs and pay 960 baht for two licenses, give the paperwork, show physical passport and wait for licenses. the total time in building was 1 hour, got two licenses, no physical tests and everyone was pleasant. everyone spoke English [or American] It was better service than in the states

went today, piece of cake. all my paperwork was in order. you have to stand in line at the front door to have paperwork checked, no sign saying this though. they give you a form [you can go to the front of the line to get one and fill it out in line, best way] and after confirming they have everything they give you a number. you go upstairs and pay 960 baht for two licenses, give the paperwork, show physical passport and wait for licenses. the total time in building was 1 hour, got two licenses, no physical tests and everyone was pleasant. everyone spoke English [or American] It was better service than in the states

Agree - 30 minutes in and out - most efficient and pleasant - did notice later that the expiry date is for November same as my birthdate - should have read I presume 02 June 1014!!!!!!!!!

- you have to stand in line at the front door to have paperwork checked...

- you can go to the front of the line to get one form and fill it out in line...

- after confirming they have everything they give you a number.

- you go upstairs ...

Thanks for this report.

It seems things/procedure have changed since last year.

Before you had 1st to go upstairs,

to take a form at the top of stairs,

and wait in the queue at 1st floor.. and sometime down the stairs...

Good to hear it's faster now :)

Agree - 30 minutes in and out - most efficient and pleasant - did notice later that the expiry date is for November same as my birthdate - should have read I presume 02 June 1014!!!!!!!!!

my 1 year expired in january. i renewed yesterday. they gave me till my birthday in apirl 2015 for both licenses

my 1 year expired in january. i renewed yesterday. they gave me till my birthday in apirl 2015 for both licenses

It would be nice if you posted the details of the renewal experience.

Which Land Transport Office did you use?

How long were you there?

Did you do this alone or with a Thai as a translator?

What documents were required?

How many copies of each?

Did you need a medical certificate?

Were any tests required? Which ones?

Did you get car and motorbike?

Thanks in advance for adding these answers

It would be nice if you posted the details of the renewal experience.

Which Land Transport Office did you use? JOMTIEN

How long were you there? ONE HOUR

Did you do this alone or with a Thai as a translator? ALONE, THEY ALL SPOKE ENGLISH

What documents were required? MEDICAL, OK LETTER FROM IMMIGRATION, COPIES OF PASSPORT PAGES, PASSPORT, OLD DL,

How many copies of each? 1 FOR EACH LICENSE

Did you need a medical certificate? YES

Were any tests required? Which ones? JUST HAVE TO BE BREATHING

Did you get car and motorbike? BOHT. FULL SET OF DOCS FOR EACH

Thanks in advance for adding these answers

> Which Land Transport Office did you use?

JOMTIEN

Hi,

I think I am missing something here :)

What is this "Land Transport Office" in Jomtien ? What can it be used for ?

I thought that to get a Driver Licence in Pattaya

you had to go to the Eastern Verification Center,

about 16 km from Pattaya near "Regents School".

Has something change recently ?

Thanks

JOMTIEN

Hi,

Thanks

Please tell me more about this centre in Jomtien?????

JOMTIEN

Hi,

Thanks

Yes - Thats where I had to go to get my 1 year license. The center near the Regents school. Is there now a center in Jomtien where we can renew?

JOMTIEN

Hi,

Thanks

Yes - Thats where I had to go to get my 1 year license. The center near the Regents school. Is there now a center in Jomtien where we can renew?

sorry boys it is the same one by regents school....... i live in jomtien and always consider this pattaya without really thinking about it ........my bad

Went to renew my two 5 years driver licences today.

Arrived at 14:00 and got my paperwork checked at the entrance prior to being handed a number for upstairs use.

Paperwork for car and motorcycle was:

Two original recidence certs

Two copies of relevant pages in passport; arrival stamp, TM card and Non-O visa(signed by you)

NO medical sert needed(had one)

Old DL`s

Passport

Sent upstairs and handed the paperwork over at once(no one in front of my number). Was told to go inside and do a colourblind test, reaction test with a accelarator and brake pedal(Kinda funny :D ) and finaly "depth of vision" test with two "sticks" inside a box which should be "lined" up next to each other. :D :D

Finally, told to sit down and read a book with roadsigns and road marks for an hour..... :) .............

Took me a total of one hour and fifteen minutes for the whole thing.

Cheers

Jalla

Edit: Did the renwal next to Regent School.

Edited by Jalla