Experience With Belt Drives In Thailand

ray23

Hi

Its great, never had a problem with belt, had a bike with NOS and it even had a little hole in the belt but no problem with the extra power, sold the bike after 3 years, problem free, my bike now is a bit modified and no belt problem. The problem some have is they tight it up when the bike is on a stand, the biks should be on the floor, have heard about this a few times.

I rode one in ireland for 3 year's and here the last 3 years also and no problem,consider the differance in climate.

The belt drive was developed to reduce vibration and it took a lot of R&D to come to the stanard of belt drive now.

Nah mate, I didn't til Dynabob mentioned its for reducing vibration.

I'll admit I'm no expert on all things bikes , one of the reasons I like to browse on this forum and others. There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here and I respect their opinions

If you don't ask you'll never know

I used to belt drive the missus,,especially when she forgot to clean behind the toilet.

Unfortunately, the role is soon to become reversed as I will be at the peril of cancelling my 12 month visa.

dam_n.

I guess there is only one option that she would agree with.

SHAFT DRIVE :)

The advantaqe for me they come on a 900CC Vulcan with fuel injection out the door with a book and two year warrranty for 461K. I like the bike but had no expereince in this area, Sounds OK to me.

The advantaqe for me they come on a 900CC Vulcan with fuel injection out the door with a book and two year warrranty for 461K. I like the bike but had no expereince in this area, Sounds OK to me.

Well I can only speak from experience and ,belive me, the missus agrees that a strong shaft is far ahead of a sloppy belt.

You have to forgive me here as I have spent the last year in the football forum.

Ray, I sold the V,max in the end and it did break my heart to see some bloke in shorts and flip flops ride her away.

I appreciate the advice you gave me but ,,to be honest,,,in the end of the day it would have been a load of hassle for an old bike mate.

I got two girls requiring schools to arrange so the old Max was the last on the list,,,but dont tell that to everyone :)

Cheers

Nah mate, I didn't til Dynabob mentioned its for reducing vibration.

I'll admit I'm no expert on all things bikes , one of the reasons I like to browse on this forum and others. There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here and I respect their opinions

If you don't ask you'll never know

Hi

Sorry

http://www.bikernet.com/garage/PageViewer.asp?PageID=358

PS where is the ignore buttom for Soihok!!!!

im riding my 06 streetbob since new with a 200 tyre on the back...i roll always above 80 mph .never had to tighten the belt once..and the other big plus ..it is very clean ..no oiling to do = a clean back wheel..i just got a custom hand carved leather seat done ..will put a few pics up for ye to see...roll on the chopper club show in two weeks..cant wait this is guy who made the seat for me..talanted guy ..,,he does everything ..airbrush,make frames,tanks,fenders ..anything,leather work www.celticchops.com

Edited by barrybike

I've had five with shaft drives, there good only two problems one blew a seal easy repair and cheap hear, at the moment need the baerings repalce in a u Joint. That is proving ,more difficult I think the mechanic is looking for a replacement shaft. Not much luck yet. It's rideable I just like the bike in top condition.

With the new bikes coming in I think it's time to get a new one instead of rebuilding a old one peice by peice. I want fuel injection because of Gasohol. I've already into that problem on a trip to Mae Hong Son. It was the only thing around. Finally found a small place with a hand pump that had gas.

I can ride a big bike but I more comfortable on a mid size. When you want fuel injection on the new models that fit my needs your talking 1500 CC's or better. So the 900 really fits my needs more the anything around. So I have been very happy that you guys have shared your thoughts wih me.

Even the 400 Dragstar I have now is a comfortable bike but no zip after 110 for passing, its only downfall to me. 1100 would solve tht problem but not fuel injected. So far I haven't found a authorized dealer that will bring one in anyway. They have certain models approved and they won't go further then that. I can anything I want with a dodgy book. Time to to stop that. I will carrry an extra belt. Issan can mean some very strange riding so one in hand in the places I go is probably a very good idea.

Again thanks guys feel a lot more comfortable with the purchase now.

Edited by ray23