Rule Changes On Exensions?

A guy in our condo just told me when he went for his extension on grounds of retirement this week, as he has for a number of years, they said they needed a medical report and also the bank book needed to be updated the same day as application.

Are these new rules or old ones rehashed, or is it just who you get at the office (Bkk). What sort of medical check do you need as I am going next week so don't want to get turned away. I have never heard of these requirements before and was not asked last year, bank book was done a couple of days previous.

Medical certificate is not required. Bangkok does not ask for one. There are a couple that do but not Bangkok.

Bank book update on the date of extension is required and some offices want the letter to be the same date.

The medical can be gotten at just about any clinic. It is the same one needed for a drivers license.

I suspect possibly we are not hearing the ENTIRE story. The request for a medical report at Bangkok, yes, that is surprising. But perhaps the applicant arrived with a bank letter that was too stale, for example a week old or similar. I would be surprised if it is common to be turned down with a bank letter issued the day before the meeting. Sometimes same day would be very difficult to pull off, as you know many banks will only issue the letter at your original home branch.

BTW, one time I did show up at Pattaya with a letter from Friday and a meeting on Monday. I was grilled about it to confirm the balance was the same, but they let it go.

Edited by Jingthing

its a matter of the officer in charge

in NongKhai its not required,but i always include 1.

just like i include.......

insurance cards of all family members

good conduct certificate from bangkok (obtained 4 years ago)

map of residence

all these things are NOT required(in NongKhai) but it gives the immigration officer an impression that you have made an effort in making the application as easy as possible for him/her.

in My case i always get the medical back....the rest is attacheted.

i try to put myself in the officers position first,and ask myself where i can be of any assistant.

result is a fair and smooth handling of the extensions every year

hgma

Agree. Medical is not required . Usually the bank book has to be updated the same day as the bank letter is issued.

Nan Immigration seem to be the only office wanting a Medical Certificate.