Schengen Visa To Sweden

Heloo me and my thaigrilfriend is going to sweden.i bought these flight tickets for visa purpose for 2000baht. do they work as a proof in the interview.. ?. the problem is that we got interwiev 31st of july so we bought these tickets so we are "leaving" 10th of august. but now we got an earlier appointment which is 16 of july. so can she show this Visa purpose ticket for 10th of august. and can we buy flight tickets before 10th of august or maybe 24 july?. and leave?. does the visa start to count when she arrive in sweden?. does she get the stamp when we are leaving from the airport?.

hope for some quick answers. :).

Heloo me and my thaigrilfriend is going to sweden.i bought these flight tickets for visa purpose for 2000baht. do they work as a proof in the interview.. ?. the problem is that we got interwiev 31st of july so we bought these tickets so we are "leaving" 10th of august. but now we got an earlier appointment which is 16 of july. so can she show this Visa purpose ticket for 10th of august. and can we buy flight tickets before 10th of august or maybe 24 july?. and leave?. does the visa start to count when she arrive in sweden?. does she get the stamp when we are leaving from the airport?.

hope for some quick answers. :) .

It could be that the dates you have got the tickets for are the dates they will make your visa valid for, so getting an earlier ticket may not be possible. You will have to wait and see if you get the visa and then check the dates on it.

It could be that the dates you have got the tickets for are the dates they will make your visa valid for, so getting an earlier ticket may not be possible. You will have to wait and see if you get the visa and then check the dates on it.

yes. but does anyone know for sure? or else i can buy a new ticket for 2000baht and have the dates we want but it would be waste of money. and we have not send the papers to the embassy yet. as i heard you leave the papers the day you have interview? is that right?

Edited by Erik1

yes. but does anyone know for sure? or else i can buy a new ticket for 2000baht and have the dates we want but it would be waste of money. and we have not send the papers to the embassy yet. as i heard you leave the papers the day you have interview? is that right?

does anyone have any answers??

Is not good idea to change the fly ticket because it make the embassy confuse when she go for interview, that ticket is proof on the interview. What ever her information put on the applied a visa form that what they will asked for her interview, Just stay your ticket like that until your girlfriend get a visa. mostly the date on the ticket are the date they will make a visa valid for..

Anyway,you don't have to issue and pay for the ticket until you get a visa.(don't issue a fly ticket until you get a visa because you never know you will get a vis or not. and some fly ticket have no refund or changing than you will trow the money for noting) The fly ticket to show up to the embassy is just the flight information and reservation, you will get it from all travel agency, they will print it out for you. That paper the embassy will take it or not is depend the reason.

But when u applied, on the form the date when she will arrived much be the same in the flight reservation, that make the embassy can thrust she will return back to her home country for sure.

On the interview you might be go with her but somehow the embassy will not let you go together on the interview room. They will asked about, how did she met you? what her job? How long do she know you? Why she want to go to Sweden? How long you want to stay in Sweden? They might asked you document like, bank account, your job and your address if you purpose her for a visit visa.

However not many thai girl get a visa to visit boyfriend family in Euro when they do applied in the first time. Most of them take 2-3 times. It is so complicate but other way some time it is very easy. Is depend the embassy. Important thing that they can trust that she will get back to her home town and the man have enough money to support her during she stay there and she will not work on the black job.

One friend of mind applied a visa for 4 time but don't get it than later she do a married visa. Now she are in Sweden and have 1 children already.

that you girlfriend are thai, asked her to visit this link on this website , they are a lot comment and tips about how to applied a visa and life in abroad.

http://www.pantip.com/cafe/klaibann/

ohh!!I don't know where can get the fly ticket 20000B. Maybe check on thai airways website some time they have hot dial promotion.

Is not good idea to change the fly ticket because it make the embassy confuse when she go for interview, that ticket is proof on the interview. What ever her information put on the applied a visa form that what they will asked for her interview, Just stay your ticket like that until your girlfriend get a visa. mostly the date on the ticket are the date they will make a visa valid for..

Anyway,you don't have to issue and pay for the ticket until you get a visa.(don't issue a fly ticket until you get a visa because you never know you will get a vis or not. and some fly ticket have no refund or changing than you will trow the money for noting) The fly ticket to show up to the embassy is just the flight information and reservation, you will get it from all travel agency, they will print it out for you. That paper the embassy will take it or not is depend the reason.

But when u applied, on the form the date when she will arrived much be the same in the flight reservation, that make the embassy can thrust she will return back to her home country for sure.

On the interview you might be go with her but somehow the embassy will not let you go together on the interview room. They will asked about, how did she met you? what her job? How long do she know you? Why she want to go to Sweden? How long you want to stay in Sweden? They might asked you document like, bank account, your job and your address if you purpose her for a visit visa.

However not many thai girl get a visa to visit boyfriend family in Euro when they do applied in the first time. Most of them take 2-3 times. It is so complicate but other way some time it is very easy. Is depend the embassy. Important thing that they can trust that she will get back to her home town and the man have enough money to support her during she stay there and she will not work on the black job.

One friend of mind applied a visa for 4 time but don't get it than later she do a married visa. Now she are in Sweden and have 1 children already.

that you girlfriend are thai, asked her to visit this link on this website , they are a lot comment and tips about how to applied a visa and life in abroad.

http://www.pantip.com/cafe/klaibann/

ohh!!I don't know where can get the fly ticket 20000B. Maybe check on thai airways website some time they have hot dial promotion.

Hope you understand my english. And good luck for interview.

thai girl who tied to apply a visa to travel around the world.

My friend just got a visa for his thai gf at the Swedish consulate. They were surpised he had tickets at all. It all comes down to your finances in Sweden, and they want to make sure she leaves Schengen in time (90 days). Application is more easy if she has strong roots in LOS, like children or property.

My friend just got a visa for his thai gf at the Swedish consulate. They were surpised he had tickets at all. It all comes down to your finances in Sweden, and they want to make sure she leaves Schengen in time (90 days). Application is more easy if she has strong roots in LOS, like children or property.

yes thank you all for the answers. but yeah when you are talking about the funds i have bankaccounts yes but i have no income on the bankaccounts beacuse i do not work now. but i have enough for both of us for 3 months. will they accept it or will they refuse because i dont have a work or something? she is working now in thailand should we tell the embassy that ? or should we say that she dont work she quit last month or something what should we say? do we need any proof that she get the job back when she "returns"?. we will take the touristvisa and then sort everything out in sweden beacuse the swedish embassy in bangkok is NOT so helpful.. so yes we are going to stay longer than 3 months. but off course i will not tell. then it will be instant refusal. and we have NOT written or signed any papers and hand it over to the embassy yet. so another question is do we have to leave the papers at the embassy before the interview? or can we just show up at the same day as the interview and hand over the papers.? and were can i find a travel agency that gives us a free flight reservation or at least a littlebit cheaper and note we will NOT go with the same airline as we have the reservation on . we will buy another ticket with another flight company if she gets visa. hope anyone outhere have any answers. so okay the visa is valid from the date of the flight ticket departure?

Edited by Erik1

You do not need to show tickets or even reservations at the embassy. This is clearly stated at the web-site of the Swedish embassy Bangkok. The visa will have a starting date and yoy cannot enter Sweden before that date, then the visa will say how many days you are allowed to stay.

You should never buy tickets until you have the Visa in your hand. What happens if you had bought tickets for 30,000baht, and then refused a Visa, a big amount of money has gone.

Hope you get the necessary visa, but please remember

First Visa, then tickets.

Anyone who likes to enter Schengen must prove that she can support herself during this stay in Europe. There is one amount (which I forgot just now, 30 - 50 Euro?) for every day she likes to have a visa. If she has a regular job with salary that goes into a bank-account and she has enough money in the bank this will do. If not, you, as the person who is inviting her, must prove that you have the money to support her during her stay. Best is if you have a regular job and can show your payslips together with bankbalance. Perhaps you could let any of your parents do the inviting if you do not have a regular job?

My advice, read the instructions on the Swedish embassy web-site, read it once, read it twice and maybe even three times. Is is very confusing the first time but if you just do everything it says there you will get the visa.

Regarding the documents, you just bring them for the interview, check them and check them again! Do not forget the insurance and the visa-fee!!!!!

Anyone who likes to enter Schengen must prove that she can support herself during this stay in Europe. There is one amount (which I forgot just now, 30 - 50 Euro?) for every day she likes to have a visa. If she has a regular job with salary that goes into a bank-account and she has enough money in the bank this will do. If not, you, as the person who is inviting her, must prove that you have the money to support her during her stay. Best is if you have a regular job and can show your payslips together with bankbalance. Perhaps you could let any of your parents do the inviting if you do not have a regular job?

My advice, read the instructions on the Swedish embassy web-site, read it once, read it twice and maybe even three times. Is is very confusing the first time but if you just do everything it says there you will get the visa.

Regarding the documents, you just bring them for the interview, check them and check them again! Do not forget the insurance and the visa-fee!!!!!

yees. but now i dont have any work and i dont want my parents to give their sellary papers its to much to bother and take a long time.. but i have good funds in my account. some irregular transactions. will they look closely in my account or what do u think they look at?. they shouldnt care beacuse i have some irregular transactions right?

yes thank you all for the answers. but yeah when you are talking about the funds i have bankaccounts yes but i have no income on the bankaccounts beacuse i do not work now. but i have enough for both of us for 3 months. will they accept it or will they refuse because i dont have a work or something? she is working now in thailand should we tell the embassy that ? or should we say that she dont work she quit last month or something what should we say? do we need any proof that she get the job back when she "returns"?. we will take the touristvisa and then sort everything out in sweden beacuse the swedish embassy in bangkok is NOT so helpful.. so yes we are going to stay longer than 3 months. but off course i will not tell. then it will be instant refusal. and we have NOT written or signed any papers and hand it over to the embassy yet. so another question is do we have to leave the papers at the embassy before the interview? or can we just show up at the same day as the interview and hand over the papers.? and were can i find a travel agency that gives us a free flight reservation or at least a littlebit cheaper and note we will NOT go with the same airline as we have the reservation on . we will buy another ticket with another flight company if she gets visa. hope anyone outhere have any answers. so okay the visa is valid from the date of the flight ticket departure?

You should phone the embassy and find out their process. It may be that you have to call and get an appointment to hand in the forms, or you can do that whenever you wish. They will then either grant the visa, or ask for your girlfriend to come in for an interview. The stronger your evidence that she is going just for a visa and won't try and stay, the less likely she would need to be interviewed. I forsee some problems with your application.

You want to act as her sponsor, but you currently have no job and no income. If you have enough money in the account, an income should not be a problem, but remember they will now consider that this money will be keeping you and her for the duration of her stay. I presume you don't have your own house in Sweden, so you will probably be giving your parents house as her address there. Do, you have a letter to her from them inviting her to stay at their home, or a letter from them saying she can stay? The other reason that people fail to get visa's to European countries are lack of reason to leave the country once the visa is over. For this, they normally require proof that she will return, like a job/university studies to come back to, or assets in her home country, i.e. land/substantial amount of money. If your girlfriend has quit her job and has none to come back to, this will go against her.

Now, you've stated in your post that you are planning for her to overstay her visa before you have even applied and found out what visa she will get. This shows a lack of understanding about visa's. Visa's to most western countries aren't handed out like candy to people from countries like Thailand. If this is her first visa, then it may be that she is not given a 90 day visa, but a visa with the dates on the form you hand in to the embassy. So, if you have put down she is going for 4 weeks, you may only get 4 weeks. As you've stated that you intend her to overstay a 90 day visa, if 90 days is given, how long do you intend her to overstay? Do you understand the repercussions of her overstaying? She may get a ban from visiting any/all of the Schengen visa countries for a number of years. Depending on your countries thoughts on this, she may be banned from there for a long time. Do you really want to chance her never being able to visit you again? Think carefully before you lie to your embassy or overstay a visa intentionally.

You should phone the embassy and find out their process. It may be that you have to call and get an appointment to hand in the forms, or you can do that whenever you wish. They will then either grant the visa, or ask for your girlfriend to come in for an interview. The stronger your evidence that she is going just for a visa and won't try and stay, the less likely she would need to be interviewed. I forsee some problems with your application.

You want to act as her sponsor, but you currently have no job and no income. If you have enough money in the account, an income should not be a problem, but remember they will now consider that this money will be keeping you and her for the duration of her stay. I presume you don't have your own house in Sweden, so you will probably be giving your parents house as her address there. Do, you have a letter to her from them inviting her to stay at their home, or a letter from them saying she can stay? The other reason that people fail to get visa's to European countries are lack of reason to leave the country once the visa is over. For this, they normally require proof that she will return, like a job/university studies to come back to, or assets in her home country, i.e. land/substantial amount of money. If your girlfriend has quit her job and has none to come back to, this will go against her.

Now, you've stated in your post that you are planning for her to overstay her visa before you have even applied and found out what visa she will get. This shows a lack of understanding about visa's. Visa's to most western countries aren't handed out like candy to people from countries like Thailand. If this is her first visa, then it may be that she is not given a 90 day visa, but a visa with the dates on the form you hand in to the embassy. So, if you have put down she is going for 4 weeks, you may only get 4 weeks. As you've stated that you intend her to overstay a 90 day visa, if 90 days is given, how long do you intend her to overstay? Do you understand the repercussions of her overstaying? She may get a ban from visiting any/all of the Schengen visa countries for a number of years. Depending on your countries thoughts on this, she may be banned from there for a long time. Do you really want to chance her never being able to visit you again? Think carefully before you lie to your embassy or overstay a visa intentionally.

as i read u can extend the visa for 3months more. if its not possible we have to find another way. she will not overstay intentionally we will sort everything out in sweden beacuse the embassy in bangkok is not at good help at all. and how exactly does this letter look like that my father have to write to invite my gf? and is there a form i we can get on internet or is it a handwritten letter on a piece of paper? or what is it?. thank you for the answer.

as i read u can extend the visa for 3months more. if its not possible we have to find another way. she will not overstay intentionally we will sort everything out in sweden beacuse the embassy in bangkok is not at good help at all. and how exactly does this letter look like that my father have to write to invite my gf? and is there a form i we can get on internet or is it a handwritten letter on a piece of paper? or what is it?. thank you for the answer.

Handwritten or printed. There is no specific format. It should obviously have your parents home address on it, maybe a brief description of the property, ie how many bedroomds/living rooms and just say that they are happy for your girlfriend to visit Sweden and stay at their home during her stay. The three things they look for in visit visas is funding during the visit, accommodation and a reason to return. If you can, you will need at least a letter off her employer saying he is happy for her to go on holiday to Sweden and her job will be waiting for her on her return. If she just quits her job, then she can't get this and it will weaken your application.

I'm not sure if you can extend a schengen visit visa while on the actual visit. You will have to look into this.

yes okaay. thank you. but now my name is in my fathers adress in my taxpayment papers since many years ago and its not changed.and my swedish travelinsurance and everything is used on that adress. in the personal id papers. so do i really need a invite letter from my father? its like my adress MY home. and that will be stated in my tax payment papers. a.k.a "personbevis" like personalproof. of adress.. just to many questions . i hope we get it :) thank you for the answer

Edited by Erik1

hello erik you can apply for 3 more months at migration in sweden costs about 1000sek if you can ,call and make apointment at a smaller office i did it in karlstad and there was not any problems they helped us with the paperwork friends have done it in gothenburgh,and had some problems with personel that wasent any helpful

a letter from your family dont hurt because the buggers at the embassy love papers :)

best wishes mikki

hello erik you can apply for 3 more months at migration in sweden costs about 1000sek if you can ,call and make apointment at a smaller office i did it in karlstad and there was not any problems they helped us with the paperwork friends have done it in gothenburgh,and had some problems with personel that wasent any helpful

a letter from your family dont hurt because the buggers at the embassy love papers :)

best wishes mikki

okaay thank you. but when u want extension do you have to have applied for double entry visa? beacuse now we only applied for single entry to not make any suspicions. we get her passport back on tuesday. hope we get it :D.