AirAsia incident on 7 November 2004

pomchopkao

Hoax??

I would think so. Anytime there is any sort of accident relating to air travel anywhere in the world, it seems to hit the wires fast. This scene in this picture looks a little too calm (and staged) to be something that just happened and nobody has yet reported. File shot of a safety drill perhaps?

A little bit of searching reveals that AirAsia had an incident on 07 November 2004 in Kota Kinabalu on an inbound flight from Kuala Lumpur. Heavy rain, the plane skidded off the runway, two passengers along with the two pilots suffered minor injuries.

Case closed?

A little bit of searching reveals that AirAsia had an incident on 07 November 2004 in Kota Kinabalu on an inbound flight from Kuala Lumpur.  Heavy rain, the plane skidded off the runway, two passengers along with the two pilots suffered minor injuries.

Case closed?

You are right, it was old news:

http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=5960

Sunday, November 07, 2004

AirAsia flight skids off runway in Kota Kinabalu, two injured

News update by the Star Newsdesk

KOTA KINABALU: AirAsia Flight AK106 from Kuala Lumpur skidded off the runway at about 5.10pm during bad weather. Two passengers were injured when the Boeing 737 with about 100 passengers skidded.

A three year-old boy suffered a broken arm while another, who is still unidentified, had minor injuries. The remaining passengers and crew escaped unhurt.

Medical teams at the airport screened them before they were allowed to leave the airport.

One of the passengers, who identified herself as Zilla, said she felt the plane hitting a puddle of water when landing before swerving from the runway to the grass.

She said the aircrew members than advised the 100-odd passengers to exit through the emergency chutes.

"There was panic but no pandemonium," she said when met at the airport.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well all this makes me worried of my flight with AirAsia which i have already purchased my seats for my upcoming visits to Singapore.....

Well all this makes me worried of my flight with AirAsia which i have already purchased my seats for my upcoming visits to Singapore.....

Maybe you should consider flying THAI, but before you do that you might want to Google 'TG261', 'Surat Thani'. Doing so might make you feel a little better about AirAsia.

Difficult to get a refund with Air Asia, in fact impossible until last week.

I have flown every week for about a year. I got discounted tickets usually. Often only 99baht + tax = 250 baht.

A couple of times I had to change and they tried to charge me the difference between the discounted ticket and the proper price, 900-250 + 500 = 1250 baht. Of course I said no thanks I'll have the 900 baht ticket.

This month I had booked 9 flights internally in Thailand due to work. As it happens, I can't use any of them. I got a call last week informing me of new flight times. I said that I couldn't go, she said , "do you want a refund?" . Amazed I said yes please. In 14 working days, she said, my refund will be in my bank account.

A bit of luck!

Generally Air Asia suck!!!

For the price though they are good.

CAN I GET A REFUND ??????????????????????

Why would you cancel because one plane skidded off the runway? Do you think this would never happen to another airline?

Air Asia are a bit crap compared with the likes of Nok Air, but the planes are ok and the prices are good.