Get Multi Tourist Visa In Yangon?

I am going to make my next visa run to Yangon. I heard the FCC requirment has been canceled. And at the same time I want to get some tourist visa at the Thai embassy there, like to apply for at least one entry, hopefully 2 entry or more. Does anyone get more than 1 entry there before?? any info??

I am going to make my next visa run to Yangon. I heard the FCC requirment has been canceled. And at the same time I want to get some tourist visa at the Thai embassy there, like to apply for at least one entry, hopefully 2 entry or more. Does anyone get more than 1 entry there before?? any info??

Indeed the FEC were cancelled, almost two years ago. I got only 1 entry tourist visa from that Embassy. I don't believe you can get more than that.

Foreign currency conversion or foreign exchange certificates I believe. You used to have to spend a minimum amount in foreign currency and it had to be converted at the official rate in effort to obtain hard currency to support the regime.

What means FCC  FEC?

FEC = Foreign Exchange Certificate. On entry to Myanmar, they used to make all tourists change $200 to 200 FEC (equivavlent to $). That was to make sure you spend money in government owned businesses. You could change it back to $ in the black market but than you lose some of it. If you didn't spend it all you could also change it back to $ on departing Myanmar, by a much lower rate.

In practice, people who worked in the FEC desk in the airport used to ask bribe from tourists :D ($5-$10) and let them pass without changing the $200. They sometimes used to insist on getting this bribe, when the tourist was too scared to do it!

I guess the Burmese government realized that this strange arrangement doesn't work as they expected. They cancelled it about 2 years ago. :o

What means FCC  FEC?

FEC = Foreign Exchange Certificate. On entry to Myanmar, they used to make all tourists change $200 to 200 FEC (equivavlent to $). That was to make sure you spend money in government owned businesses. You could change it back to $ in the black market but than you lose some of it. If you didn't spend it all you could also change it back to $ on departing Myanmar, by a much lower rate.

In practice, people who worked in the FEC desk in the airport used to ask bribe from tourists :D ($5-$10) and let them pass without changing the $200. They sometimes used to insist on getting this bribe, when the tourist was too scared to do it!

I guess the Burmese government realized that this strange arrangement doesn't work as they expected. They cancelled it about 2 years ago. :o

Thanks for that G. Now I know :D All this new knowledge and it is 2 years too late