Coming To Thailand

BIG SPUDS

Im coming back to thailand in 2 weeks. will be initially going to pattaya, but will be going to kampheng Phet for a couple of days via phitsanaluk. Can any one offer any ideas where to go or things to see. They could be anywhere in thaialnd (willing to travel). Getting a bit bored of pattaya although i love the place, want to see more.

What is pattaya like at the moment are the crowds dying down yet?

Would like to go to a really nice beach/island. See some nice temples a bit of culture oh i dont know any ideas?

Thai Gf will be with me but she doesnt have a clue where to go.

:o

Easy done Mr Spuds. From Patters head for Ko Samet.

On your way North to Kamphang Phet, stop off at Ayutthya for a day or so. Kamphang Phet is a vey nice town indeed in its own right and has a few interesting sights around the place. Maybe head up to Isaan as well and check out some of the Khmer period ruins up there.

Im coming back to thailand in 2 weeks. will be initially going to pattaya, but will be going to kampheng Phet for a couple of days via phitsanaluk. Can any one offer any ideas where to go or things to see. They could be anywhere in thaialnd (willing to travel). Getting a bit bored of pattaya although i love the place, want to see more.

Would like to go to a really nice beach/island. See some nice temples a bit of culture oh i dont know any ideas?

Pattya's over the peak at the moment but still a lot of people about and high occupancy in most of the hotels. - Book in advance for the first night or 2.

The isles of Samet and Koh Chang are easily gettable from Pattaya. also I believe there is a resot on one of the islands of Pattaya now. Also from Sri Racha you could go to Koh Sichang which is 20 km up the coast from Pattaya, quiet with resort/hotels etc.

From Pattaya airport (Utapao) you can fly to Samui and Phuket for around 5000 baht rtn. Samui is about 45 min by plane.

Edited by wilko

try hua hin , a lot more relaxing than pattaya ,

but everything you need is there .

then travel south by train or air con bus,

have a few nights in chumphon , then over to samui .

on my visits to los. i travel to different areas ,

looking for my shangri-la . :o

One of Thailands best secrets is Khao Sok, this is real jungle (remnants of oldest rainforest on the planet, no less) Here you can stay in tree huts or floating huts. there is 200 sq mile lake which is stunning. This area is the only place in Thailand where you still have wild Tigers and Elephants. Try a night trek into the jungle, amazing, the noise, getting watched by owls, monkeys everywhere. I went for three days and stayed for eleven.

And it's close to phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan (great retreat aftere a fulll moon party)

Go to Surat Thani then it's about 2 hours by bus through stunning scenery.

Good Bungalows are 'Art's' they have resident Gibbons and Hornbills (the floating ones are part of a tour.)

temple wise, there is a small temple in a cave with monkey's who come down from the limescale cliffs and eat your nana's

can't reccommend it enough

It was reccommended to me by some very seasoned travellers on two occasions, I went, they were right

The secret is out!

B

Edited by booma

Get yourself down to Koh Chang,great beaches and a superb National Park.

Are you permitted to visit the national park, if so which parts? I've read that at least 75% of it is protected by law and it's illegal to visit!!!

That 75% is totally inaccessable unless you are a seasoned climber and have experience of serious jungle travel. Koh chang is very mountainous and the cenrtral portion is very steep. A lot of wild life to be seen though, hire a bike and get away from the crowds walk a bit and you will see plenty

Check out: http://www.ko-chang.info/ for erm well some Koh Chang info really.

Koh Samet's also a great idea if you want a more chilled experience than Pattaya.

Know what you mean about the Thai GF having no idea what to do in her own country. Did she just say "I don't know" or did she come out with the classic "Up to you" whilst secretly thinking "I'll kill him if he choses something crap"?

Hi Booma,

I wondered about your post, so I googled and came up with this link

I know where I will go next time in LOS :o

Thanks.

just my 2 satang

One of Thailands best secrets is Khao Sok, this is real jungle (remnants of oldest rainforest on the planet, no less) Here you can stay in tree huts or floating huts. there is 200 sq mile lake which is stunning. This area is the only place in Thailand where you still have wild Tigers and Elephants. Try a night trek into the jungle, amazing, the noise, getting watched by owls, monkeys everywhere. I went for three days and stayed for eleven.

And it's close to phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan (great retreat aftere a fulll moon party)

Go to Surat Thani then it's about 2 hours by bus through stunning scenery.

Good Bungalows are 'Art's' they have resident Gibbons and Hornbills (the floating ones are part of a tour.)

temple wise, there is a small temple in a cave with monkey's who come down from the limescale cliffs and eat your nana's

can't reccommend it enough

It was reccommended to me by some very seasoned travellers on two occasions, I went, they were right

The secret is out!

B

Edited by 2 satang