40th Anniversary Of The Stonewall Riots This June

Forty years, how time flies.

June 28, 1969

Was anyone here at the Stonewall riots? This significant anniversary of this historic event will this time be acknowledged by none other than the President of the United States. It will be interesting to see what he says exactly. Some are suggesting he give a gay rights speech on par with his famous race speech and recent chat with the Muslims speech. I doubt he will, but one can hope.

Other than Stonewall, have you attended any other gay riots anywhere in the world? I was at the White Night riots in San Francisco ... good times.

The Stonewall riots were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969 at the Stonewall Inn, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City. They are frequently cited as the first instance in American history when gays and lesbians fought back against a government-sponsored system that persecuted homosexuals, and they have become the defining event that marked the start of the gay rights movement in the United States and around the world.
wiki

About that time, I was just peeking out of the closet door!

But thanks to all who helped to pave the path to where we are.....and to all those who will make into a superhighway.

:) Never a riot in Australia but marched my arse orff at numerous gay lib demos over the decades....and of course the parties that followed...but now a sexygenerian dont feel the need to do any foot work anymore, we paved the way for the next generation who have support networks coming outta their..............ears! Dukkha