This might seem rather an odd question, but at what age do kittens start their bodily functions. I have two new ones that are three weeks old now, and they don't seem to have gone to the toilet yet. Both of them were born blind with no eyelids, or we think they are blind, so I keep them on my bed. They do sense that someone is there, so maybe they can see just a little. The smaller of the two has sunken, very tiny eyes, and the bigger one, one huge black eye and one small one. I took them to the vet of course and she confirmed their blindness.

Every morning when I get up, I take them to the cat litter, and their mother picks them straight up and carries them back to the bed. Sometimes she puts the two kittens in different places as if to seperate them. Any advice please?

post-27891-1244204476_thumb.jpg

Edited by farangconnection

YEs, normally the mother will clean up, or take them to a place where you wouldn't notice they have done their thing.

The mother will lick their bum to facilitate the defecating. If no mother present this will have to be simulated, easiest don with a lightly wet kitchen towel...